Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

Jayda

This is a very nice, small school. People are friendly and welcoming. It has smaller class sizes and feels like a safe, easy to navigate campus. I am looking forward to attending school there in upcoming fall semester

Shawn

The university was a large change from my high school, and it took a lot of time to adjust to it. There were a lot of people who were happy to help me around, like old friends from high school and current students. A big problem of the school is the food. Sodexxo is the food provider, and they are rather awful about it. The food will generally make you feel ill a day or two later. The class sizes are small enough to feel helpful, and I've never felt like the teachers are unreachable. Fraternity life on the campus is booming and I love it

Juliette

The University of Evansville offers students an intimate university vibe while still providing a quality education. Professors are friendly and readily available to help you with your work, and class size allows for lively discussion and attention from the teacher.

Bailey

I have felt welcomed into the University of Evansville family since day 1. I never go a day without walking on campus and seeing a smiling face, even if I do not know the person. The small class size allows me to feel more connected to my studies and my teachers. I can feel my success growing alongside the never ending connections I have made at this school.

Serenity

Fantastic school. I stay in Hughes Hall, which can be warm because there's no air conditioning, but it is still a fantastic place to live. The community at UE is very safe and accessible. The theatre department is incredible, with tons of opportunities and awesome professors. Class sizes are small (usually under 20) and professors are accessible with tons of office hours and typically email back within two days. The food is pretty good and there's a variety in the cafeteria. The surrounding town isn't huge, but it has the stores needed and there's a mall fairly close by. Lots of Greek life, lots of volunteering opportunities, and tons of clubs and orgs. A very small school, but a great community to be a part of.

Sierra

An excellent school, great staff, subpar food, but wonderful opportunities and great theatre. I love the student atmosphere and the way that the student population stays politically active and cares about their education. The staff is always accessible and wants students to succeed.

Baleigh
I'm obsessed with UE

I'm obsessed with UE

I'm in love with the University of Evansville, since my first visit I knew it was where I belonged. I've met so many wonderful people and have been given so many opportunities inside and outside of the classroom to learn and grow as a person. I couldn't have picked a better school. Small schools aren't for everyone, but if they're your cup of tea, UE can't be beat.

Jamie

When I first arrived at college, my attitude was cocky to say the least. I thought that I was emotionally independent enough to make it with little help from my parents. However, I soon discovered that I was mistaken. My heart ached with homesickness. Day in and day out, I yearned for familiar faces to see and a familiar bed to sleep on. After a couple of weeks, I realized why I missed my home so dearly. I had lived in the same town all my life, and I was deeply connected there. All of my friends, family, and memories formed an intricate system of roots that kept me tied to my home town. In order for my university to become my home, I had to start making connections there too. I became involved in clubs, through which I met friends and made other memories. Because of this, my college campus became a second home to me. This is the most important advice I could give myself as a high school senior. The best way to make your new college campus a home is to get connected through clubs and root yourself there with the friends and memories you make.

I wish that I had been given some warning that there would be no grace period for new students. I understood that college classes required more work to be done, but we were given an extremely large amount of work right at the start. It would have been easier if I had been given time to adjust to college before so much work was given out.

The worst thing about this school is that it requires all freshmen to take a writing class their first semester known as First Year Seminar. I understand that this is necessary for those who did not do much writing back in high school. However, there are many of us who took college-level composition classes for dual credit (which costs money). Because we are still required to take First Year Seminar, the class and the money do not count toward anything.

Esmeralda

My classmates are great people, smart and full of ambition to learn and meet new people.

Advice I would give myself in the past is not to procrasinate. To get as many sholarships as possible instead of having to struggle with getting money for school. That just because you have a year till college doesn't mean you can slack off. I would give myself a wake up call that the world is knocking at my door.

Best thing about the school would be the size of the campus. It is resonable and near students dorms, decreasing the chances of missing or being late to class.

Cynthia

My school is best known for challenging programs, especially the Engineering and Music schools, as well as our 6 year graduate program for Physical Therapy. We are known for academic excellency and campus and community involvement. We strive to make an impact in the lives of fellow students, as well as make an imapct in the community of Evansville.

Like most high school seniors, I was worried about fitting in when I came to college. I was worried that even at a small, private university, I would just be another face in the crowd. I had a loving, supportive community in high school and I thought no one in college would like me for who I really am. After surviving my first year of college, it is clear I had nothing to worry about. The truth is, everyone in college wants to fit in. We are all experiencing something new and strange together. We are all awkward, but we are awkward together. In college, no one cares about the labels you possessed in high school. College is a fresh start; a chance to be your true self. I would tell myself the most overused, but true, line I've heard this year: just be yourself. The ones who like you will show you by being your friend. The ones you don't like who you are aren't worth your time. Focus your energy on those people who help you grow. Be your awkward self; you never know who might want to be your friend.

A person who is not motivated to learn and succeed. University of Evansville provides challening programs for every major and minor. Professors push students to their full potential, and you must be motivated as a student to always strive for your best. Every student here has a desire to learn a lot and work hard, while still being involved in campus activities, like sports, clubs, and organizations. Students here are very involved and enjoy staying busy.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.