Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

Kendra

My biggest piece of advice is to not go in expecting anything specific. The entire college experience will shape your life more than you understand and in more ways than one. You will learn many things about many different cultures and other peoples' perceptions and understandings about life. There will be things that you were taught all your life in your little town, where everyone thinks in exactly the same way, that you will find out are not all that the world has to offer. Much of this is learned within your first year at school, but there will be things that will take time to learn and understand about yourself throughout all four years. Take these opportunities to grow and learn, rather than fretting about what everyone else may think. You will learn to think for yourself and not allow other people to continue to make life decisions for you. Embrace it! Be who you are and develop the person you want to be. In the end, it is your life and you have to make it what you want it to be.

There is much emphasis placed on the athletics programs. I mean, college sports are great, but when participants are given better housing or more money just because of their place on a sports team, it gets very annoying. Especially when there are others who work just as hard at doing other things, like managing student-run campus organisations.

Trying to get places off-campus if you don't have a vehicle is frustrating. There is a public bus that runs by the school once each hour and it stops working after a certain time. Many of the students are very nice and will be willing to take you places if you need it, but if you do not have a vehicle, you have no freedom to do as you wish.

Haley

The University of Evansville is a wonderful school providing students like myself with well-rounded educations.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to stop worrying about the little things and enjoy what I have left of high school. All too often high school students worry about matters that won't even make a difference in their life in the long run; therefore they spend too much time gossiping and worrying about each other. It wasn't until graduation that I realized it was all over. Senior year flies by faster than any other year; therefore in high school as well as college, I would advise myself to make the most of it. I would also advise myself to think more seriously about finances and college applications at the beginning of my Senior year, so that I would not have to worry about them as much towards the end. THe more scholarships I applied to, the better off I would have been starting college. Also, if I had applied to more colleges in the beginning, I would have had more choices in the end, along without having to fill out any last minute applications as I did for the University of Evansville.

Before attending the University of Evansville, I wish I would have known exactly what I wanted to major in. At a small school, such as mine, it is difficult to complete your educational track in just 4 years if you are not exactly positive of what you want to do. Classes generally meet at one time during the day; therefore there is never much flexibility in the class schedule.

Alyssa

The University of Evansville is an academic minded college with many ways to be involved and receive help from other people and administrators.

My school is unique because of the close-knit community that is present. Since we are a very small school their is a large amount of school spirit and you are able to get to know all your professors and fellow classmates. It truly is a personal college.

You are a senior now, and entering a challenging, fun and exciting time of life. Remember to enjoy your senior year. As much as high school is annoying in many ways, there are good moments at any stage of life. Take advantage of your senior classes and take classes that will challenge you even if your friends are not. In the end, you will appreciate that you worked hard and prepared yourself better for the road ahead. When it comes time to visit colleges write down the pro's and con's of each school. Also, make a list of the top three characteristics that you cannot live without. No matter where you go there will be good and bad aspects of the school. Make sure that your most important priorities are met at the school you choose. On a final note, remember to enjoy the process and accept the change gladly. College is an amazing time of life even though it is incredibly hard. Cherish every moment you have now, and the moments that will come soon.

They're just like high school, but without all the petty drama.

They're just like high school, but without all the petty drama.

The "Freshmen 15" will only exist if you actually have money to buy food. In that case, save up the money you make. It can come in handy. They're not lying when they say you may end up paying $1000 for books. Apply to as many scholarships as you can. Don't get a credit card. Don't be afraid to be yourself. No one is really going to judge you. Make friends, go to parties, get involved with campus activities, and have fun. Keep an open mind about your decided major. It can change once or twice or several times. It's okay to make mistakes. In fact, make mistakes. Mistakes let you learn. The point of college is to learn, but it's also to find yourself. You won't be the same person you are in high school. If you are, you're doing it wrong. Change, and change for the better. Do something awesome with your life. You'll get there eventually.

It's warmer there. The people are friendly. Campus is beautiful all year round. Most of the classes are fun. There's usually something going on every week.

Jessa

I would tell myself to stay calm, work hard, but also make time for making friends too. I would tell myself to be aware that there are several types of people out there that I can become friends with, so long as I put myself out there and make an attempt. Be sure to be good at time management; it's easy to get caught up in doing just homework all the time, or just want to hang out with your friends, balance is key. Being a student makes you become more independent; you will learn to do your own laundry, cook your own food, and get to class without your parents to wake you, but it is not that hard. I would say to remember that you can do it, and you will make it through all of the tough times and make some lasting memories. College is the only time in life when you will have so many opportunities in such a small area with so many people that come from different backgrounds and are so close to your age.

The University of Evansville is a small school that tends to feel like home. Many of the faculty and staff learn your name quickly and work to make sure that you enjoy your time spent at the university and get the best academic experience that you can. They work with you to answer any questions that you may have, and help you through the tough homework problems. Since it is a small school, students also get to know each other quickly. And finally, the Dean is easy to come in contact with if you were to have a larger issue.

A person that should not attend the University of Evansville would be one that does not want a personal experience. Someone wishing to be invisible to professors, and not be known by name should not attend UE. Also, major football fans may not wish to attend the university, since we do not have a football team.

Clever

The University of Evansville is best known for its close knit family like setting. The main campus is on a 0.25X0.25mile plot and it is easy to commute across campus from one building to the next. The campus is located in a Suburban location but is 10minutes away from the local mall, walmart and other convenient stores. The University is ranked 1st in the Mid-western region by US News and is considered amongst the top institutions in the state academic wise. I would personally encourage students seeking a quiet and amiable environment to apply at the University.

I would research moremake wiser college selections in terms of the size of the schools, the financial aid they offer, and the setting and location of the colleges. I would also visit the colleges and make sure I make a more informed decision! Finally, I would also visit the city where the college is located for a weekend and evaluate whether or not I would be happy to live the for the duration of my degree.

The most frustrating thing is that you have to drive away from campus or hire a taxi or ride a bus to go anywhere! There are virtually no places ofvreal interest that are within walkable distance from the campus. The summers can be extremely and unbearbly hot and humid to those who are not accustomed to such weather patters. Sometimes the small size of the school limits activity which most students expect to be part of their college experience. There are very few opportunities of biological research and student jobs are hard to get apart from work-study jobs.

annah

Advice to my high school self, The first thing I would say with transitioning from high school to college is do not have a job and classes that first year. It takes a lot of work to do both and will be very, very stressful. Try to take it a little easier. Focus on only one thing. Try to make that one thing school. Do not go to an actual college though. Find a trade school since that is what you are going to do. It will take you much less time and enable you to be ready to enter the world much sooner. There will be no need for a bunch of credits from classes that might not really apply to your life. Lastly, start looking for scholarships sooner. There are many that you can only apply for while in high school; also, the sooner it is taken care of the sooner you can stop worrying about how to pay for school. Lots of luck, Yourself

Melia

Knowing what I do now, I would have a lot to tell my high school self. In high school, I had a tough time making friends and fitting in, so I think I would start by giving myself a much needed pep talk. After a big hug and maybe a few tears, I'd then get down to business. I would stress the importance of filling out scholarship applications, even though at that point, I was dead set on attending a local cosmetology program. Depending on time during my senior year that I could talk to my younger self, I would also advise taking challenging classes during high school to prepare for the workload college students typically have. Last but not least, I would mention to myself to refuse living with roommates my first year out of my parent's house- nothing good will come of it. Before leaving, I would also remind myself that sometimes people are mean, and most of the time, it's for no specific reason, so don't take it personally and keep your chin up.

angel

I would tell myself not to take a break and go staright to college. Try going to a community college first so you can get the feel of the college life and how things work. Make sure you understand the financial side of going to college especially if you need financial aide. Try your best and study hard to make sure you pass your classes, because this is money that you will have to pay back. You want to go to school to get your education and not play around. The sooner you get done, the sooner you can start your career.

Dalton

The University of Evansville is a small, private school that gives students a rich experience by offering challenging courses, engaging programs, and a wide variety of extra-curriculars and other activities creating a healthy environment to prepare students for future employment and career opportunities.

If I was able to go back in time to when I was a high school senior and give advice to myself I would tell myself that the first year is the most difficult and that it requires more effort to make the next three years easier. Following up with an account of what will happen in the future if I do not work harder and smarter will present me with two options. First would be to let it happen and the second would be to fix it. I know I would not choose the first and my future self would explain what actions were not wise and how they can be avoided. I would tell myself to work smarter by breaking things down into steps and taking those seps one at a time until the whole project or task is completed because it will create a less stressful environment and help clearly define my goal and purpose. The last piece of advice would be to ask for help with my projects more often. By engaging other people in my work I can keep focus on where I want to go because I will be leading them to its end.

The University of Evansvile's best quality is the community feeling of campus. Professors and students are willing, and do, take significant actions to better the experience for both parties and people are conscious of the benefits of a positive and constructive environment that is also readying those involved for life past college.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.