Evansville, IN
University of Evansville

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Evansville

Debra

It is ranked in the top 10 for best Mid West Unoversity.

It is ranked in the top 10 for best Mid West Unoversity.

If I could go back in time to offer my high school self some advice, I would recommend taking the honors writing class instead of creative writing, and I would also advise myself to do more of my homework. I have always been a self-critic when it comes to my writing. My senior year of high school, I decided not to take the honors writing course to save myself the embarrassment. Instead, I took creative writing. Honestly, that class got me no where. My college courses are mostly wiriting intensive, so I really wish thast I had taken the class that required the same amount of writing that my college classes require now. I believe that doing all of my homwork during high school would have helped the transition to college a lot during the frist semester. I am not saying that I never did my homework, but cutting corners did not help me. In college it is essential that I do all of my homework or I would not have the best understanding of the material, and I really value getting all of the understanding that I can now because I want to be comptent in my field.

I wish I had known about ordering books online for my classe instead of buying from the book store, because it was too expensive.

Whitney

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition from high school, I would go back in time and advise myself to prepare for the most incredible next four years. I would tell myself to brush up on my foreign languages, because 4 of my 5 housemates are international students. I would tell myself to save up and apply for as many scholarships as possible, because textbooks, groceries, and plane tickets back home add up quite quickly. Most importantly, I would put an arm around high school senior me's shoulders and tell myself to always, always take time to appreciate the people around me. The University of Evansville is home to an amazing array of professors, staff, and students who come from every imaginable background all over the country and world. Most of all, high school me would need to know that I am truly privileged to be studying with and learning from such truly inspirational Purple Aces.

Before coming to this school, I wish I had known that it did not offer a huge variety of classes that are needed for my major. In fact (as an International Studies major) it is actually necessary for me to study abroad in order to fufill my upper division, specialized, class requirements.

I tell my friends that the classes are so small and learning-centered that professors know when you're absent (your grade is even affected). Professors are easy to contact, whether in their offices or via e-mail. Our faculty genuinely cares about its students and wants us to succeed. They seem always willing to write recommendation letters, give advice, or just chat. I even dogsit for one of my professors.

Amber

As a high school senior, I definitely would have learned better study habits. That is one of my biggest complaints. I went through high school in a breeze, never having to study. The college atmosphere is a totally different atmosphere than high school. I would prepared myself more through my writing and sciences. College is much more in-depth than high school and I never really prepared myself for what was to come. I also would work on my social skills more. In high school I had numerous friends, but they were friends that I had grown up with since kindergarten considering my graduating class was just a few students over one hundred. I didn't really know how to socialize with new people and it made the transition very difficult for me. All in all, I still feel that everything happens for a reason and I would not change anything if given the opportunity.

If you don't go out to the frat parties, you won't make as many friends.

I really enjoy the professors. They are always very willing to help with anything that I need.

My school is small enough to not be just enough, but big enough to offer many things to do and be involved in.

I would tell myself to not stress out too much. I fell in love with the campus the second I visited, there was no need to stress and worry it was the wrong school. I would also tell myself to be more involved. I was fairly involved as a senior, but I did not talk to many people. I guess I would tell myself to be more outgoing and not worry so much. Together it would have just made the transition and fear of change go away. It was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated. I made many friends during orientation week and still talk to some two years later. The hardest transition was scheduling time to talk with my parents. So there was nothing for me to stress over in high school. I made the right choices.

The food is very repetitve. I wish there were more options to chose from. They have a lot of different things every now and then, but the rest of the time it is the same thing.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to start at a community college. Community College is much more affordable and you are able to complete a nursing degree and become a registered nurse. This way you can work full-time and save money while getting your prerequisites done. Enter in the nursing program work when and if you can and after you complete that program start working and immediately enter into a bachelors program. This plan lets you save money as your going through school. The biggest thing is to always look forward, keep to your plan and put your heart into it and that will help you through. School is the most important thing to a young person’s future and even though I lost a year when I transferred from a four year to a two year school it will not matter when I finish. I would tell myself to study as I’ve been taught and to stay on the path to graduating because it is just around the corner.

Susan Lyn

To Obtain A Full Time Position in any field of my choosing which could be any thing that comes to my mind such as Computer Aided Graphic Professional Artistry Designing - Monogramming - Contemporary Creative Professional Artistry Designing - Monogramming - Contemporary Creative Professional Antiques OLD Fashioned Jewelry Designing - Monogramming - Contemporary Creative Professional Writing - Contemporary Creative Professional Desk Top Publishing - and many others Ideas & Interests & Desires that comes to my mind. And strive for all the Greatness that you can make.

paul

Having looked back over a few years, the advice I would give myself would be to maintain discipline and and figure out what I was passionate about. During the two years of college I completed I was chasing the goal of becoming a professional musician but that desire dwindled as I delved deeper in my music studies. I decided to take a break from school to figure out what it was I wanted out of life. Since i was in high school I have done audio engineering on the side , after studying music for two years I realized that my passion really was audio engineering. Though looking back I wouldn't say I would change anything, I've met alot of great people and have had great experiences through these years. I am now pursuing a degree in audio engineering from Belmont university in Nashville, Tenessee

Audrey

Cazenovia is very small close-knit community that does not have much going on during the day, at night, or on the weekends because most of the students leave to visit other colleges to have fun or go home when there is not class.

I would tell myself to not go with a choice just because it is different. Look at all of the options and make lists comparing each school that is being considered. Sometimes the school that is closest and did not seem like the one you would enjoy at first turn out to be the one that is best suitable and would make you the happiest. Traveling is not fun as a college student, and it is expensive. Chose a school that is going to make coming home easy and enjoyable. Don't attend a college because all of your friends are. Going somewhere where you don't know anyone can be a challenge at first, but in the long run, the friends you make are some of the best.

Cazenovia College is an expensive, private school, so the students that attend generally come from wealthy families. A person that loves snow should attend Cazenovia, and also someone whol enjoys and small, close-knit community. A person who does not rely on car transportation and is willing to walk to many of their destinations would enjoy Cazenovia, and also someone who does not like to party or go out on the weekends.

Lisa

The tightness and closeness of students and faculty is very unique to the University of Evansville. Because it is a smaller school, students get more one on one attention from professors and, therefore, I believe, excel more in the classroom. Being a year out of school, I still keep up my relationships with my classmates and professors on a regular basis.

Breathe. My single piece of advice for myself as a high school student about to embark on the incredible journey that is college would be to breathe. Allow myself to breathe everything in, because nothing should be taken for granted and nothing should go unnoticed. That's not to say I should treat everything like the most important thing in my life. No, that would cause too much stress and not enough experiencing. But I would tell myself to take those moments--those little moments throughout the day--to stop worrying and analyzing every detail in my head; and instead look at the world around me. Focus on the present. Take every class and throw myself into it. Give my opinions on politics, human rights, the Romantics without judging it before it comes out of my mouth. Take the pressure off to always be the best, and just take everything in. Listen to my teachers and peers and learn from them as well as my text books. If I could do it over, I would take college for everything it is: a chance to grow as a student, a future professional, an individual and a member of the human race.

The facilities of the school are somewhat outdated. Most of the dorms have been remolded, however, the most affordable have not been remolded. And therefore if you are looking to save money you must settle for poorer conditions such as no air conditioner, older furniture, etc. The school itself is also expensive. Although the education is wonderful, the facilities are not worth the money. They are definitely in need of improvement.

Ashiel

If i could go back in time i would of made many changes. These changes could of affect me and my future. Their are many oppurtunities to look for when going to college that i missed out on. If could go back in time and talk to myself i would tell my self to stay focus. Also i would tell my self to apply for many scholarships so that paying for college wont be such a hasle. Also i would of told my self to start taking college courses as soon as possible so i can be a step ahead in my program. With these changes it would of made a big difference in my future.

University of Evansville administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.