University of Evansville

« See more reviews of University of Evansville

One of the best qualities of the University of Evansville is the faculty. My teachers have taught me so much, and not just about academics but about life also. Most of my teachers put in a lot of effort to relate to the students and show us that they are always there for us when we need them. They are very approachable and I feel like they genuinely care about my education. Because all my friends and family live in Texas, I brag to them how much I feel at home and comfortable here because of the friendly faculty.

I have a bunch of awesome friends! People come here from many different backgrounds, states, and countries. 10% of the school's students are international students. One of my roommates is from Alaska. I might be rooming with a girl from Israel next year. It's cool to be able to get so many different points of view. And the study abroad program is pretty awesome, too. Some of my best friends at school this year I met last year at UE's sister campus in England last semester.

When I tell others about the University of Evansville, I tell them how personal and friendly the professors and staff are. I have enjoyed getting to know Physical Plant workers and housekeepers during my time here in addition to the professors and administration. It is also incredibly easy to get involved at this school, and when you do, you have so many amazing opportunities to meet people and to make contacts that will benefit you later in life.

I tell my friends that the classes are so small and learning-centered that professors know when you're absent (your grade is even affected). Professors are easy to contact, whether in their offices or via e-mail. Our faculty genuinely cares about its students and wants us to succeed. They seem always willing to write recommendation letters, give advice, or just chat. I even dogsit for one of my professors.

It's a really small school, lots of organizations to join or go to their events. Also a lot of really great undergraduate programs to get into, as well as graduate programs. All these programs provide hands on training, and a good relationship with teachers that allows casual question asking. These opportunities also open up jobs for the future, as well as people to recommend you and build up your resumé.

I take pride in the fact that I attend a liberal arts school. The University of Evansville sets high academic standards, and I am proud to say I work hard to meet their high expectations. I also like going to a smaller school and knowing that I am not just a number to the professors. The student to professor ratio is great, and because of that, I am able to receive a great academic experience.

I most brag about how caring the professors are at the University of Evansville. They are very knowledgable in their specific areas of expertise and are capable of explaining concepts to students in a way that makes them excited about class. The professors also take the time to get to know about your interests outside of academics and about your goals for the future.

The one thing I brag about most when telling my friends about my school is the great education I am getting. All of the programs give their students the best knowledge and curriculum. Also, I brag about how small the school is because it has helped my transition to college life a lot easier. The school feels like a small community.

In my dorm hall, the bathrooms have three walls, a door, and a curtain! It seems silly to brag about something so trivial, but I love the shower privacy. I also brag about the friendliness of the campus; Everyone is so kind and nice, from the faculty to the students. I've never felt so welcome in a strange, new place.

When talking to my friends, I brag most about the accredited athletic training education program I am in. It is one of the best in the state, and only 12 students are selected each year to participate. Our original class consisted of 12 students, and I am currently 1 or 9 left in the class of 2012.