University of Florida Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Lizzy

A typical weekend means hanging out with your friends. People do all kinds of things, from Lake Wauburg to going to the bars in midtown or downtown. There are a lot of great restaurants around campus, and you can always find students there on the weekends. Also, a lot of students spend at least part of their weekends in the library.

Sophie

It totally depends on the person. Some people are without a doubt going to a frat party or club every Friday and Saturday. A lot of people go to Gator Nights on Friday, which is events from around 6pm-12am that are fun and alcohol-free. Those are very well attended. Typically, I would spend one night doing something low-key and relaxing after a long week of work, and the other night blowing of some steam and maybe attending a party. It really depends on what you want to do! There are so many options.

Zarna

A typical weekend includes going downtown to the clubs. Most frat parties happen during the week. The weekend starts on Thursdays. Sundays are reserved for cramming in some homework, laundry, and errands.

Zarna

Well here the weekend starts on Thursday and usually people go clubbing downtown. It's about a mile or so away from campus so most students take busses, pledge rides, or if they're not wearing heels, walk. On Fridays people will usually go to the bars at midtown (Swamp being the most popular). Midtown is right on university avenue bordering the campus so it's very easy to walk there. Some bars are 18+ and others are 21+. On Saturday, it depends. If it's a gameday you'll wake up early and start tailgating and after the game you may go to midtown. If there is no game, chances are you'll be downtown again. Obviously not everyone follows this schedule but it's a very popular agenda.