University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

To me, UF is like it's own little world. It makes me feel like I'm not in Florida. It has such an old feel to it (in a good way!). There are trees everywhere and gardens. The buildings are all made of stone. UF has no need to envy any Ivy League schools. It's truly a sight to see! UF is an open campus, not closed like other schools, meaning the streets are a part of the town and regular people can drive by. This also makes the school freakishly huge. But don't worry! There's a bus system that takes you everywhere you need to go, not just at UF but the bus system can take you anywhere you need to go in Gainesville, and it is HIGHLY efficient. I know, it's surprising, especially for a small town in Florida. But it's true. On campus, I don't really have to wait very long to get on a bus. 10-15 minutes tops! The gym on campus is just amazing! It's HUGE and modern! The food court at the student center is like walking into a mall. You have so many choices, it's amazing. I really encourage people to go check the school out. It's truly a beautiful campus! It's very welcoming too. P.S. The bus system is free for UF students with their student ID. :)

To someone who's never seen the University of Florida it looks well HUGE! The population is large, the campus is expansive, and the school spirit is larger than life. But these are all GREAT things about the University. The large population allows you to meet all types of people and to pick your new best friends from a batch of students brimming with creativity and talent. The large campus is only large for like the first week of classes, but once you get used to seeing the same buildings you definitely get a feel for exactly where you are on campus at any point in time. And the school spirit...well let's just say that I'm not sure if I've applauded in a non-Gator Chomp fashion in the last four years. There are so many reasons why It's Great to Be A Florida Gator!

If you are looking for a school with numerous career development opportunities throughout school, many diverse types of people with different personalities and backgrounds and cultures, a school where you can meet hallmates your freshman year that you end up living with off campus for the remainder of college, food prices that accomadate the college wallet, that has a beautiful campus where students feel so comfortable as to just hang out on the lawn and take naps, study, play frisbee, bring their dogs, the University of Florida is the only place to be.

The University of Florida is a large, liberal, secular, diverse institution, bustling with school spirit and a wide variety of activites so find groups that share your values and interests, but come knowing that the institution has it's own way of looking at the world and as far as politics and values and students tend to be more interested in sex and drinking (If this does not sound appealing to you or sounds like something you'd have a problem with, than rethink your decision to attend), but strong responsible open minded people will thrive I'm sure.

The University of Florida is an outstanding university that offers many different majors, networking connections, career opportunities, and divesity. The campus is excellent, and you can feel the vibe that everyone is here to learn more about their field of education. My experience at the University of Florida has been great so far because I have met many new people and made new connections for myself in the future. Overall the University of Florida offers something for everyone.

A great large-size public reasearch institution. A lot of big undergraduate classes, but also a wide variety of subjects to study. Its a good place to get a well rounded edcuation, since there are opportunities to sample a lot of diferent subject areas that are not available at smaller schools. Also a fantastic atmosphere of school spirit, and a big sports culture. Many clubs and organizations to get involved with - there is a place for everybody to find their niche.

This is a big school with lots of people, so there is plenty opportunity to get out there and find something you will love, and others who also enjoy similar activities as you do. Sometimes you may have to search for it, other times it's right in front of you. Though, don't get too distracted, because this still is a school, and you don't want to overload too soon. That being said, it will be a wonderful journey!

A united community where students can come together based on common interests and are altruistic , intelligent individuals who will go the extra mile to help anyone in need withough making any judgement of who they are or where they come from. They must be selfless and genuine towards one another and have the passion to academically and personally strive for success.

A school with a beautiful campus where one would enjoy spending free time, dorms that build a secure sense of community and pride, classmates who become friends who last a life time, professors who are (for the most part) happy to explain things and to help their students, and an overall atomosphere of pride and commitment to excellence and happiness.

We are the Gator Nation, it is not a school but, my home where guidance and support allows us to seek our goals while building relations from the foundation which we are given because the University of Florida is not made up of just a body of people; although we are all different we are here together as a nation that shares a common spirit and pride.