University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

It's 9am on a Saturday morning during Fall Semester and no matter where you are you can distinctly hear the Florida Gator theme song blaring from the loud speakers of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Game days at UF might as well be considered a religious holiday because it is so important, so festive, and SO MUCH FUN. Imagine every single piece of grass with a car parked, a tent up, and the some hot dogs on the grill. Every single place you look you see orange and blue and someone gator chomping. The roar of the crowd in the stadium is so loud that even if you couldn't win the football lottery and get a ticket to go to the game you still feel like you're there. Students, Grad Students, Alumni, and Fans countdown for the first game day of every season and cry like babies on the last home game of the season. There is nothing better than Gator Football in the Swamp!!

The University of Florida is the fourth largest campus in America. As the admission process becomes more competitive each year, only the most outstanding thrity-six percent of students are accepted. Throughout the 2,000 acre campus, popular landmarks of the university reside, including Century Bell Tower, the Stephen O'Connell Center, Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, and Reitz Student Union. Whether you are watching the three-time national championship football players in the stadium, grabbing Gatorade (the school's own creation) from the fridge, or exploring the university's historic buildings, the spirit of Gator Nation can be seen everywhere.

University of Florida is known for many things. On a national level, it is perhaps best associated with its athletic program, particularly football. Game days in the Swamp are infamous and there is nothing remotely comparable. Accompanying great and exciting game days is UF’s accelerating status in the academic world. It is now not only the best public university in the state, but is consistently ranked among the nation’s top universities and is also becoming recognized as a leading research institute. These things provide students not only with an awesome, fun environment, but also with endless academic opportunities.

Competition! Competition in Academics, Diversity, and Sports. Everyone that attends UF is considered, "The Best of the Best". One is constantly challenged by classmates who are on the same level in all areas of academics. Also, There is an immense amount of diversity and culture throughout the campus. When I am on campus, I feel like I am at Disney World. UF takes prides in there ethnicity differences. The University of Florida is in Gainesville, but the Gator Nation is everywhere. UF's sports have dominated the SEC. Gator athletes have set records and legends that will not be forgotten.

The University of Florida is known for having some of the most talented atheltes come to one of the best atheltics programs in the SEC. The Gators are always looking to fight for that win harder than anyone else and do it both on the field and off the field. They're academics program is highly recognized in certain colleges across the nation and makes a perfect complement for a complete athlete who would not only leave with a great collegaite experience that has been supported with Gator pride, but also with a recognized degree from the University of Florida.

My school is best known for its strong history of academic and athletic success. The Florida Gators won both the NCAA National Championships for football and basketball. Academically speaking, the University of Florida is often referred to as the Harvard of the south. It is a difficult place to be academically because they really push you as much as they can. However, this is a great environment to be in if you want to go somewher in your life. I feel that the University has a strong alumni network that helps bring a good name to the University of Florida.

Most of the nation has come to know UF as an athletic power house in the recent years, especially with the football team winning two of the last four national championships, as well as being ranked nationally in many other sports. But among family and friends at home, converstions about the University of Florida usually revolve around how great a school it is, and how hard it is to be accepted into nowadays. This shows that people, at least in the state of Florida, are looking past the athletic side of the school, and realize the great academic aspect.

University of Florida is a great school known for its outstanding academics. It has one of the best Engineering, Business, and Medical schools in the country. As a mechanical engineering major, I can express myself that the curriculm is very difficult. However, in the end it will be worth it because many well-known companies recruit here at Florida. Other than our great academics, this school is known for its outstanding athletics. Football, basketball, and baseball are nationally recongized sports and are usually the top in the country every year.

The University of Florida is a university that is shadowed by higher tier institutions such as Harvard or Duke. However, the University of Florida stands at a school not far beneath those ranks and is growing as both a prestigious academic institution and an athletic institution. Academics and athletics are prominent in the University of Florida and are well stressed around campus. There are students every day who are jogging, despite the time of day. Students pride well in their education and strive to achieve the unreachable.

If there's one thing that is a quintessential part of UF it is the home football games in Fall. Our school pride and love for football is easily the best known thing about UF. Anyone driving through Gainesville during this time will witness a moving sea of orange and blue . People walk thirty minutes just to get to the stadium since parking is nonexistent anywhere on campus. People's differences no longer matter because we support our fellow Gators and the feeling of being a part of the Gator Nation is what UF is known for.