University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

My school is best known for the pride it shares for its sports teams. Gator football unites all those who go here in the fall at an almost religious level. It trumps everything else when it comes to what the students are focusing on. It sometimes makes it hard to focus on more educationally imporant things such as research papers when a game party was held the night before. I personally try not to focus too heavily on the draw of the game, but it is electric energy that takes over the entire town of Gainesville.

My school is best known for it's high standards for education and an extremely great football team. Both of these are true, the University of Flordia has high hopes for all of it's students. The falculty provide an environment that students can safely live in and feel free to get the help they need. Though UF is a big school people are lways willing to help and there are so many advantages that this school can give. The people are great and are always welcoming to those coming to THE GATOR NATION!

Despite the very competitive acadmemic nature of the university, most people seem to know UF by the success of the sports teams. Everyone knows who Tim Tebow is, or has seen both the football and basketball teams win two national championships within the last four years. That said, it is becoming increasingly known for it's rising academic standards. It is now the most difficult to get into university in the state of Florida, and boasts some of the top faculty and facilities in the country.

The University of Florida is best known for its academics and of course its athletics because we dominate in class, as well as on the field. The list of majors we have to pick from encompasses anything anyone could want to major in. We have majors such as Packaging Science, Classics, and Pharmacy, which is my major. Not every university offers such a diverse list of majors, but the University of Florida makes sure every student has a chance to succeed in whatever field they are interested in.

UF is best known for our football team and "friendly" students. Even though our team has not been doing so well this year (2010), the fans are still rooting our Gators and are just as loyal as always. As for our reputation as a party school, if depends on who you are. If you are not the type of person to go out and get drunk every weekend, there are so many people like you and very many options, such as Gator Nights. But, if you are a partier, I promise there are a lot of places to go!

My school is best known for its tremendous school pride, high academic standing, and strong sense of community. The University of Florida attracts students from around the world because of the campus community's acceptance of different cultures and the exceptional college programs offered there. I have yet to meet anyone who is unhappy attending the University of Florida, nor have I met any mean or rude students on campus. Everybody knows about Gator Pride. Go Gators!

The University of Florida provides a great sample of education and has many programs for students that do not know what field they would like to pursue. There is something for every kind of student at UF. There is a rich culture and high diversity that allows students to learn and grow as a person in a positive environment. I'm glad I chose to go to UF for my undergraduate experience and feel that I am a better individual after my four years of undergraduate studies.

I feel like my school is best known for our sports programs nationally, but in the state of Florida it is known for being a prestigious academic institution as well. State leaders such as Marco Rubio and John Delaney have come from the University of Florida, and I don't expect that this generation will be much different. I feel that while we may be known for our sports programs (mainly football), this may change in the near future to focus more on our academics.

University of Florida is known for our school spirit. Once you become a gator, you are a gator for life. The loyalty and the passion at this school is like no other. Gator Nation is more than a saying, it is an actual meaning of family in Gainesville. Even after graduation, you are still part of the university. The experience you get from the first football game describes why the University of Florida is more than a school, it is a family.

The University of Florida is best known as a top-notch research University, especially in the field of medicine. Professors and researchers here are constantly trying to go above and beyond in a variety of advancements, not only those in medicine. I have also found over my time here, that football season is something that many students look forward to. The University of Florida can also be defined by its diverse and unique student body.