University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Its foundation. The city of Gainesville is very college-oriented. It pays special attention to the needs of the university and considers its students in every decision. As a result the city offers a bus service, which is free for students, that integrates various parts of the university and popular off-campus residences. Other support methods come from various opportunities for employment and internships and fertile ground for seedling business to emerge and then flourish such as Grooveshark and Fracture. The possibilities for students at UF are nearly endless and it owes a great deal of thanks to its home.

I truly love the town of Gainesville. It is a wonderful town to spend your college years in, as the entire community is literally centered around the University. There is always something going on for college students, and plenty of networking opportunities for the social students. In addition, the University itself is beautiful. Once the construction of the Colonnade, located next to the Reitz Union, is completed in 2015, the campus will have a very nice blend of modern and historic architecture. Walking to class never gets old, with great scenery, and an overall flat campus with minimal uphill trekking.

As previously stated, being part of the Gator Nation leads to great success. University of Florida has surpassed many other universities in guiding students to the right careers and other important life decisions. The moment a freshman enters UF they are given numerous opportunities to succeed in a myriad of ways. Even more, the moment they leave to pursue other academic endeavors they understand that UF has taught them all they need to further progress in life's challenges. UF's main intent is to illuminate the potential in all its students, making them unique above all others.

I love biking around campus, and I love Krishna lunch. Those two things make my days on campus happy. I am unhappy with the food selection on campus. Chick-fa-lay SUCKS and everything else is too expensive. I think it would be nice if there were more microwaves around campus so we could bring food or popcorn to eat on campus. Also, the Gator-Dining places are way too expensive! I have never been on a meal plan, and although my family is pretty well off, I feel like I couldn't even ask for a meal plan because I don't even want to spend that much on a single meal regularly.

Our sports are the top in the nation - with multiple football championships and a basketball championship. This drives the school spirit and really makes students feel like they belong in the Gator Nation. Because of the pride students and alumni have, the alumni connection is the strongest out of all the schools I saw. I believe this will help me secure a job after graduation. Finally, UF is VERY career focused. Our Career Resource Center is now the top in the nation and the whole school environment is geared toward beginning careers right after students leave school.

One thing that makes the University of Florida unique compared to other schools I considered is that it is the number one school for undergraduate research oppurtunities. It is also rated one of the top universities in the nation. It also has a great location which keeps it warm in the fall yet cool in the spring, the weather is never a problem. The University of Florida also boasts a great set of sports programs. Although the University of Florida is known mostly for its success with its football team, there are also several other teams, including womens' teams.

The University of Florida was close to my home town and it was convenient, not to mention, it felt safe for my parents to be able to reach out and touch me whenever they needed to. The school was unique for its accredidation as well as the quality of education of which it offered. Did I mention, it has one of the most beautiful campuses that one would ever want to visit. The University of Florida is well known for its medical and health, business and education professions. UF takes pride in providing the best educational experience for its students.

Unique only to "the swamp" is the close-knit community that is; the students, the school, and the surrounding town. I have taken many campus tours, but only UF had the real college-town feel. Beautiful brick buildings and large trees decorate the campus where students take classes, study, go to sporting events and occasionally party. Sporting events are a time of brotherhood, where sitting next to someone makes them your best friend. And the town follows suit. Everything "bleeds orange and blue" and everyone feels proud to be the home of The Florida Gators.

The University of Florida offers both an academically challenging currciulum, balanced with a healthy dose of extreme school spirit in the form of the Gator Nation. UF has been able to excel in academics while ensuring a cohesive and family-life environment outside of the classroom. The campus unites together on Saturdays during football season to cheer on the Gators in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. But, at the end of the day, Gators know that academics come first and crack the books right after. This balanced lifestyle gives students the best of both worlds.

UF is unique because we actively accept diversity and promote diversity within the Gator Nation. This whole campus community is centered around success and leadership, and I feel that we stand out as a university because of the strength in school spirit, and the promotion behind the "orange and blue". There are countless oppurtunities for diversity within organizations and the university constantly promotes the idea of branching out and experiencing as well as accepting diversity. It allows students to step out of their comfort zone in a positive way.