University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

To a certain extent yes- We are nerdy, but hey nerdy pays off when you apply for jobs! The ugly girls thing- NO! Every school has there pretty and not so pretty girls, and thats one stereotype thats extremely ignorant! We don't party as hard as FSU? Thats completely true. I've been to Tallahassee various times, and in no way shape or form are we on their level to party. But then again, if we did, we wouldn't get schoolwork done. We can always visit!

Not at all, I'm sure there are cocky and mean people at UF but there are obnoxious people everywhere, it definately isn't the mojority of our campus. For the most part I've met some of the most amazing people here and would not have changed my choice to be here for anything. Of course we have fun! This is a college town if we didn't take time off to have a great time we'd all go insane.

i think i agree with most of them. I do disagree that our students are mostly stuck up, though i have run into a few during my tenure here. I certainly feel that even though the greek system only represents like 20% of the population they seem over represented in sga and many honor societies (blue key, etc)

every school is going to have its parties, so i think that is generic. UF does put a major emphasis on its research which is good but i think they should pay more attention in the big science lecture hall classes to make sure students understand material

No, seeing as one will find parties everywhere in the nation, at any campus. There just happens to be a (sadly) high population of (predominantly greek) students who identify with the party title, therefore we have received this wrap.

I do not think UF students are stuck up, but I do think we have lots of anxiety about grades. I think it is for good reason, since we are trying to be as ready for the professional world as possible at graduation time.

I believe that this stereotype is true to a point. People are not completely rude and ignore you, but I notice that most do seem a little aprehensive about helping other students that they feel are their competition.

There's certainly plenty of drinking and football, but there's a lot more to the school. Not everyone is there to party, and there's plenty other than partying that goes on.

We tend to be a little forthcoming when it comes to how awesome our sports teams are but in regards to partying I would say academics first.

yes, somewhat. I definitely realized that not as many people party as i thought. And a lot of them work harder than i thought also.