University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Though I love the Gators there are many who couldn't care less. Many students resent the fact that sports get a lot of attention because they want the academics to be focused on. As for the party school, well, yeah, we party, but I don't think we're a huge party school, not as much as other people think.

There are a couple people who act that way that give us a bad image, but most of us don't. We love our school and I definetely think it's the best in the state, but I would never talk down to someone. I have a ton of friends that go to other universities in the state and I love them just the same =)

Stereotypes exist for a reason. I think at the surface, people mold in to stereotypes because it's a guaranteed, easy way to fit in with your peer group, whoever that might be. But once you dig deeper, people surprise you--after all, we're all human; we all have the same emotions, worries, and fears.

Um about the hicks--no very few people actually are anything close to that sterotypes. The rich sterotype kinda varies in certain areas you get more than others. The drunk-party school sterotype seems pretty acurate though i haven't really been to alot of campuses to compare.

Not completely. Uf students come from the USA even california as UF beat even berkeley on SAT scores 2 years ago. grads live worldwide as i do in spain in NATIVEingles center in murcia spain.The UF network in europe is aggresive as we help eurogators get started here.

All stereotypes are accurate to a degree, but there are always exceptions. This holds true for Uf and their students. I do believe that most students at UF are very intelligent, and Gainesville is a "party" city. However, there are definitely exceptions.

I am happy to report that these stereotypes are not accurate. Jorts are nowhere to be seen, and I have yet to see anyone come to class drunk (except the occasional TA). The students and faculty here are great, and most everyone is openminded and helpful.

No, not really. I feel like people aren't that hard headed. Yes, we love football and are proud being gators, but I couldn't see myself or many of the people I know as people who would demonstrate arrogance to college students outside of UFL.

Although students like to party, it's not a big time party school. Most students are big sports fans and getting tickets to football and basketball games is a privilage. The greek system doesn't run SG but they are a majority part in it.

These stereotypes are all false. There are many students that do not care at all about sports, and all students take their acedemics seriously. There are very warm and caring individuals that go to this school, and