University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

I feel that the class sizes at UF are too big (for sciences), and students do not get the optimal education that they can. Smaller class sizes would definitely enhance students' learning experiences. When I have a teacher that knows my name and shows that he is interested in my learning, it motivates me to do well in his class.

Students are competitive, but not to the extreme. There are way too many kids here to be the best. Kids do study a lot, however, they do have some down time to just hang out with their friends. I do go to my professor's office hours if I feel the need to. I do like to participate in class. I love having big class sizes!

Professors know my name and classes can be large or small depending on what level they are. Class participation is very common and our professors love to see us interact in classes. I do not spend time with my professors outside of class. UFL is definitely geared towards getting a job and expanding the Gator Nation.

Professors do not know our name. My least favorite class is financial accounting. Participation is common depending on the teacher. Many students have intellectual conversations outisde of class but many do not. I do not spend time with my professors outside of class. Academic requirements are all on our Audit

Professors do know my name, but that is only because I am active in classes. The TA's are the ones that will usually have contact with you personally. There are generally intelligent discussions, and I have on more than one occasion had hours-long discussions with friends about issues raised in classes.

no professors might know faces though. exceptional people is a great class. least favorite are any taugh by foreign professors who cannot speak english and physiology. depends on the class. some people do nothing but speak intellectually and its like come on give it a rest. very competative people.

The first 1-2 years, classes are big- up to 300 students. But by the 2-3 year, my classes were 20-50 students and all the teachers knew everyone's names. Professors in my college encouraged students to meet with them often and have done a great job keeping in touch after graduation.

The one downfall is the size of classrooms, but if you're an active participant in classes, it isn't a problem. We Gators are intellegent, so intellectual conversations are common. The most interesting class I have taken to date is American History with Dr. Noll. I just love it!

yes - history classes are fun but hard. spanish classes are horrible here - students study enough to get by - sometimes - yes - yes - my women's sexuality course - i hate my major/departmetn it's really disorganized - no - some are ridiculous - both, depending on the major

The academics at UF are challenging. Lower level classes take place in big lecture halls, but break down into smaller groups atleast once a week. UF has a liberal arts curriculum which I enjoy. you are required to take courses outside of your main field of study.