University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

Though it might be because I'm an English/Creative Writing major, I can say that my teachers all know my name. My fiction writing workshops have all been unique, thought-provoking, and incredibly beneficial in terms of my writing skills. In class participation is, for the most part, the most important thing in my classes, as most of my classes, as of recently, consist of somewhere between 16 to 20 students.

Most courses are pretty rigorous and require a great deal of time and effort. I'd say I spend about 4 hours per class a week studying. Most professors are very good, but there are a few classes taught my undergrad TAs that don't offer much help. Also, the relationship between teacher and student doesn't really exist unless you make the effort to visit the professor during office hours.

Although the entry-level courses are usually fairly crowded, due to the large number of students on campus, the sophomore-level and higher courses are usually much smaller and more manageable. The courses encourage student participation for the most part,and urge students to expand their minds. Although classes are demanding, I believe it pushes the students to excel.

Favorite class: Drug Use in Society, very informative, a lot of work but I don't mind it since the class and teacher are interesting. Most (at least 1st year) classes are lecture, online, or taught by GA's. The new grading system which will take place next Spring will include minus grades which make GPA requirements for Bright Futures and other programs even tougher.

Professors don't know my name, but the TA's do. I really like Marketing, my least favorite class right now is anthropology. Students study ALOT here. Class participation is really big here. Students sometimes have intellectual conversations outside of class, probably most of the time in the library when they are studying with others though.

Very dynamic. Classes are 50 minutes long so they are not too long. Some of the classes you can watch them online from the comfort of your home, or you can go and sit in the classroom. Professors are approachable and they will do the best to help you. Tests are hard so you study hard but it is worth it.

The academics at the University of Florida are top of the class. The classes may be rigorous, but the professors definitely know what they are teaching and talking about. I know for medical school, I am getting the best medical education in the state of Florida.

The academics are rather challenging and competitive. You are competing against many other well rounded, intelligent, hard working individuals. Thus, time manageability is a crucial skill that you either posses prior to attending UF or cultivate afterwards.

As you would assume all the classes are different and it just depends on the prof. you have. If it's a huge class (which most of you first semester will be full of) don't expect to get to know your teacher unless you go to their office hours.

Professors do know my name. My classes are relatively small which is awesome. The most unique class I have taken has been Human Sexuality Education. Students are very competitive. I do not spend time with my professors outside of class.