University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

I'm involved with Alpha Phi Omega. We do over 2,000 hours of community service each semester. Students in dorms lock their doors. Athletic events are extremely popular and the entire student body gets involved and really participates. If you are awake at 2AM on a Tuesday you are either studying or out at a bar. People party pretty often. Off campus activities shopping, movies, and hanging out at parks.

I am really active in Alpha Phi Omega co-ed Service Fraternity, and I have found my niche at UF. I love the people and the activities and knowing I can always count on my brothers. People party, but too much work and not enough play makes for a very boring person. I met my closest friends through APhiO and we are really close. The dating scene...let's see. It's a blast! Just be social!

There is a huge number of student groups on campus. There is a club for every imaginable hobby or group. Many of them have parties, dances, performances, and speakers which are enjoyable activities to go to that do not involve alcohol. Students in dorms do leave their doors open while they are there. Many people bond with and make close friends with the other students on their floor.

I love social life at UF. Since I'm a non drinker, I love to just hang in my dorm room and chill out with all the girls on my floor. I also am involved in a co-ed fraternity. I love everyone in it! Gator nights is also amazing. Every friday night, they show a movie in the Student Union, and we get free popcorn and soda. Sometimes, they have magicians and comedians. I love UF!

The most popular thing to do at UF is join a social sorority or fraternity. As an alternative to that I joined Alpha Phi Omega which is a co-ed service fraternity that is a whole lot of fun. Athletic events are probably the most important though because everyone is a gator fan. Saturday game days are crazy at the Swamp, because afterall we are National Champions.

I am involved in a co-ed community service fraternity. Through this organization I have made many friends. What I like most about it is that I feel that I have made a big impact on the community. I have helped plan many community service events such as a Girl Scout field day, voulenteering at the local nursing home, and working with animal services.

People will party as often as they wish. Life is not revolved around drinking, you can go to the movies, eat out, go to sporting events, etc! If I am awake on Tuesday at 2am...I am either visiting a friends dorm, at the sorority house, or just coming out of Midtown's hopping clubs! Off campus I love to go shopping and hang out with friends.

I hate student government. Most of the money from student government goes to frats and sororities. They waste so much money. We could be sending that money towards more liberal arts and science classes. Most people do not even care about student government. I think the student voice should be heard but we can be heard with less money.

sororities and fraternities, bball, football - sorority - no - very popular - it's hard to date here - some online, some in greek life, some through other friends - talking online or drinking - homecoming - all the time - important - drank too much - see movies, hang with friends, go bowling - i live off campus, so almost everything

Off campus usually involves house parties. Going to a typical college aprtment complex on a weekend , one is bound to find several parties raging. Students are very safe with drinking though, and the town of Gainesville has an accomadating bus service for students who do choose to drink