University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

There are a number of great things about my University. However, the thing that I mention most when talking to others is the quality of the Advertising program that I'm part of. The instructors are first-class, the course material is thorough, and the teaching method is highly educational, experiential, and even enjoyable. The University of Florida also has a prominent sports presence which offers students opportunities to participate in fun, competitive sports events. Not only that, but the campus and student-directed facilities make being on campus a pleasure. Students really are treated fantastically here.

University of Florida, like most universities, has a wonderful sense of academic vitality and an enormous amount of opportunity that awaits each of their students. However, what makes Univesity of Florida special (and what I brag most to my friends about UF) is the amount of attention that is given to each student by the professors, advisors, and other staff members. Though University of Florida is very large school, I never feel like just another face in the crowd. The number of various services available to me, ranging from work-out classes, to counseling, to self-improvement courses is incredible.

I brag most about the College of Engineering at the University of Florida. I believe that the staff is both welcoming and encouraging to every engineering student. Also, the college presents its students with many opportunities and programs such as the Engineering Freshman Transition Program, which I participated in during my first semester at UF. Furthermore, I am particularly proud of my department, Environmental Engineering Sciences. It is a small department that makes me feel like an individual instead of just a number. It's great to be a Florida Gator, but it's better to be a Gator Engineer.

There is something at the University of Florida that everyone notices right off the bat; it is loud, it is boisterous, it is encouraging, it is awe-inspiring, it is something that gives you the chills, makes you feel alive and appreciate who you are and how far you've come. It is the unrivaled Gator spirit: the one tha tbooms loud at every football game in The Swamp; the one that flashes blue and orange, splashed across campus, sprinkled across Florida on license plates, keychains, shirts, jackets. It is the deafening pride in attending such a presitgious, renowned university.

The University of Florida is a great school athletically, but this is not what gets me bragging. UF is the best school academically in the state of Florida hands down. The school continually produces top notch employees in any and all fields. Many politicians in the Florida government are UF alumnis, and have said that being a Gator helped them learn almost everything they know about politics. The University of Florida is also in collaboration with Shands hospital, which fabricates some of the best doctors in America. This is what makes it great to be a Floida Gator

Generally I try not to brag, I believe being humble is becoming a lost quality in today's society. However when I do make statements, I refer to the prestige, the fact that the community centers around the University, thus giving the entire town a ubiquitous ideal to stand behind. Gainesville is the heart of the Gator Nation, and we are exactly that: a Nation. For the rest of my life, anywhere in the world, if I see someone wearing orange and blue I will shout out a "Go Gators" and knowingly receive one back. That is my bragging right.

When I tell my friends about school, I love to brag about UF's location. Growing up in Ohio, it has been so wonderful to be able to enjoy the outdoors especially since this winter has been particularly harsh up North. I love walking around the expansive campus and seeing palm trees and feeling the warmth of the sun. A true college town, Gainesville offers endless activites and easy bus transporation for the large student population that resides within it's limits. Centrally located within the state, it is an easy drive to either coast.

GATOR FOOTBALL! I am kidding of course. We take our sports seriously, but we take our academics seriously as well. Everyone works hard, hitting the books and spending a lot of time at the library. Study groups can be seen throughout the semester, not just during exam times! Besides the academics, the University of Florida has a very quirky downtown area. There are great restaurants, a theater, and plenty of places to get ice cream. There is always something to do in Gainesville, making it a very fun place to attend college.

Whenever I talk to my friends back home I'm always bragging about how great it is to be here in Gator Nation. One of the most prominent things I mention on a consistent basis is academics. We pride ourselves as being one of the top schools in the country and it is an honor to be able to attend such a prestigous school. Its an honor to be able to brag to my friends (and anyone that will listen) that I'm attending the arguably best school in the state when it comes to not only athletics, but academics!

We boast an amazing athletic program at the University of Florida, so the Gator mascot is well known around the country. Alot of the time, my friends will compare the Gator football team with other schools across the country- I simple tell them that we're the best even on our bad days! As far as academic prowess is concerned, graduating with a degree of any kind from this school, to me, makes you stand out. When my friends talk about how terrible our football season was last year, I can let it go.