University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

How much I love everything about it: the cost, the atmosphere, the weather, the insane amount of school spirit, the sports, the overwhenlming amount of things to do, the academics, the size of the school (amount of students), the campus, and the freedom of the school (it does not force you to ever live on campus or buy a meal plan like some schools do). I have wanted to go here for a long time.

UF has so many great opportunities available to students! All of the faculty here really try to do their best to help you. There is a million ways to get involved in more than just school work whether it is an internship, community service, a part time job, or extracurricular clubs. There's something for everyone at UF, and people here are more than happy to help you find what that is for you!

My professors were incredible. Intelligent, understanding, compassionate, they went above and beyond the call of duty to make the material accessable and enjoyable. Dr. Jim Paxson, in particular, changed my life: his class on Middle English and Chaucer was a huge factor in steering me towards Medieval and Language Studies. More than anything else, I brag about those classes with Dr. Paxson.

I love that the Univesity of Florida is so diverse. This diversity includes type of student, areas of interest, and community involvement. The University of Florida is known for its impressive research facilities, it medical school, its sports program, and its liberal arts education. There is something for everyone there, and as a result, the student body is a cross section of America.

Honestly, I don't brag. I don't particularly like UF, and I don't mind telling people. I suppose, if I must comment on something good, the Gators are a good football team, though you'll find the city attributes them god-like status by shutting down every Saturday for the games like it's some sort of national holiday. Good luck parking on campus for anything students.

The one aspect I brag about most is the freedom and independence. Many high school friends ask me this actually, but I always say the same thing. The whole feeling of its all you, that there is no one to tell you what to do, that it is you and no one else who manages your time, its all a significant difference from being at home with parents keeping a close watch.

The opportunities at the University of Florida are endless. You will find it difficult decided exactly what clubs and activities you want to be involved in because there is such a wide variety. No matter if something sparks your interest or perhaps you have been wanting to try somethine new, the University of Florida will have a way for you to get involved.

For starters I brag about our football team and other varisty sports. I also brag about how fun the night life is and how beautiful the campus is. The classes are challenging and our school is very research focussed. I truly believe that UF is the best school in florida. The exercise facilities are top knotch and it is a very lively and active place.

When I tell my friends about UF, I brag to them about our football team, which has won numerous national championships. We also have many, many resources in this city-like college for students from all backgrounds, including clubs, disability benefits, etc. We have multiple libraries, our own lake with kayaking available, a bat house, and more.

School spirit is definitely among the top in the country. Here at the University of Florida, students stand behind their sports teams. We are also very engaged in academics. The libraries are always full. Study groups and tutoring is always available. It produces some of the highest rates of hired individuals right out of college.