University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

I think the main stereotype of students at my school is that all of them are partiers. Although, the University of Florida has been ranked among the top "party schools" before, it's not all about that here. Just because some students are not the most responsible, that doesn't mean that all of the students are.

The stereotype of the University of Florida is that we are all extreme Gator enthusiasts. This is somewhat accurate, being that many students love the Florida Gators here, but there are many other facets of the school that are not shown as well including the various organizations that you can become a part of.

There really isn't a typical stereotype of students at the University of Florida because there is such a diverse student body. Many people do think of a lot of Asian students and a whole lot of engineers because UF is known for it's high academics and a good engineering school.

The great thing about UF is that it is like a microcosm of society! You have big party people, jocks, hipsters, geeks, frat kids, religious kids, musicians, and everything in between! No one stereotype applies to all of our students... Except maybe our GATOR PRIDE!

The stereotype of students at my school is that they party excessively; sometimes referred to as binge drinking. However, this stereotype is not accurate. I have been attending this university for four years and my experience has showed me otherwise.

One of the more common stereotypes of our students is that they party all of the time. Our party school reputation isn't accurate; there are various options regarding night life but most our students would say that academics are their top priority.

I will say that the stereotype student here is a good student, because it is not an easy school. Other than that, it is hard to have a stereotype because the school is so diverse, I am not able to describe a stereotype.

A few years ago the University of Florida was named the number 1 party school in America. So not true. While we do know how to have fun, the majority of students at this university work smart and work hard!

In my opinion the typical stereotype of the University is that it is a very diverse community with students interested in sports, students into the greek life and students very dedicated to their studies.

There is an assumption that all students at UF are either snobby or jocks. I'd like to say that you are about as likely to find these stereotypes at UF as you are at just about any school in the country.