University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

An intelligent, spirited, outgoing person should make the University of Florida their first choice for higher education. One the the most comprehensive and diverse universities in the United States, the University of Florida provides endless opportunities for learning, research and career exploration. With over 50,000 students enrolled annually, there are always numerous activities to become involved with and new people to meet. You will find blue and orange displayed throughout campus as the spirited members of The Gator Nation, home of one of the most successful and nationally ranked athletic programs, display their school pride .

UF is a very liberal university. With its large student body, someone who is open to non-conservative views will feel comfortable here. Academically, students who do not require much personal attention from professors are more likely to excell because most classes are very large. The social scene takes place mostly in bars, parties, and during football games. Therefore, someone who can balance this lifestyle and maintain good grades in demanding classes should attend this school. A student who enjoys being competitive and can adapt to large crowds would most likely have a pleasant experience at the University of Florida.

UF takes only the best students in the nation. If you wish to attend this school, academics must be your top priority. There are many opportunities for students to get involved in research and other career-enhancing activities. But what sets UF apart from the other top research universities is the on campus social activites. These range from academic groups and student government to a prestigous greek system and fun nightlife. The ideal UF student is someone with intelligence who is also three-dimensional, someone with the skills necessary to relate and succeed in the real world.

University of Florida is an ideal location for students to learn and achieve their highest potential in any number of fields or endeavors. The individual that will achieve the most at University of Florida, however, is a disciplined and self-motivated one. With many different opportunities and social events available to you in any given hour, it is necessary as a student to have a good work ethic and good time management skills. That said, it is important as well to have the initiative to attend different club meetings, seminars, and other events in order to create relationships.

What is nice about this school is that you can come here not knowing what you want to major in at first, get a lot of help in choosing a direction, and leave completely satisfied with your choice. People who are focused on their academics, who are open-minded, and who are outgoing should attend this school. People that wants to engage in many opportunities to express themselves should attend this university because there will be many students and faculty that will behind you the whole way. Anyone interested in sports or the arts should attend here, as well!

Those who do not mind living in an environment that seriously lacks racial/ethnic diversity would have no problem living here. I would say that--and this is a purely empirical estimate--about 98% of the college students here are Caucasian. But if we were to talk about the school's education itself, I believe that the University of Florida is an appropriate choice for individuals interested in taking rigorous and intellectually stimulating courses. This is a school for students who want to push themselves and have a ravenous desire for success.

If you are considering the University of Florida, expect a fast-paced culturally diverse school with a lot of opportunities available. However, it is up to you to take advantage of the opportunities. Because UF is large, it has a wide range of majors, minors, professors (many of them well-known), as well as lots of extracurricular activities. If you want to get involved and have access to a plethora of activities, clubs, classes, research opportunities, and of course watch our awesome football team, UF is the right school for you. GO GATORS!

The hard workers who take their education seriously, yet know how to relax once in a while. Academics is highly important throught out the university, everyone works really hard.. As much as the bars are filled, the libraries are always equally filled, which I really like about UF. You know everyone is willing to work hard and play hard. It reduces some of the competitve stress knowing others can relax too. I know at people at instututions who barely have time to make it to a basketball game because they are too stressed and busy.

The kind of person that should attend this school is definitely someone that wants that big-university college experience. UF has a great program for all of it's academic departments, majors, minors, colleges, you name it. It doesn't have that small-college feel when walking around campus, and the anonymity is refreshing. However, often class sizes aren't as big as you'd think. Once you dive into your major, professors are highly skilled in their areas of expertise and classes are small enough to form an actual relationship with them.

The university of Florida is a fit for anyone looking for the perfect balance behind credible academics, great athletics, and plenty of involvement opportunities. One of UF's greatest assests is it's size. The student body consists of every creed, race, age, and personality you can think of! The University of Florida is also perfect for students not so keen on trekking through snow to go to classes....beautiful weather! In short, UF offers a little bit of everything for anyone, and can truly be whatever college experience you desire.