University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

There is something for everyone at my school, no group isn't represented on campus. Even if you're concerened about classes being too big, unless you're a science major class size is reasonable and there is are many resources to help you all around. If you won't seek help on your own however you may want to find a school that will reach out to you more.

The only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who isn't motivated or someone who doesn't care. It takes a lot of work to keep up with school and it takes a lot of dedication, so I think that someone shouldn't be here unless they really want an education. Otherwise, they would be wasting their time and their instructors' time.

A strongly dedicated person who hopes for a good future, while still having a good experience in school. This person must have a stong sense of balance to stability out thier school life and social life. If one was looking for a great experience and the chance to meet many new, and interesting people, UF would be the place for them.

UF places a strong emphasis on the Greek Life and the majority of sutdents who engage in social activities are involved with some sort of Greek house. The sort of person who refuses to associate themselves with Greek life (Sororities and Fraternities) may struggle to develop a social life. It's not impossible, but it can be difficult.

Someone who values a small-campus community and classes that are generally small enough to allow collaboration with students and professors Someone not pursuing a degree in fields that are renowned for research Someone incapable of correctly managing time (this will be your ruin at UF) Someone who prefers FSU (conflict of interest)

Someone not willing to put in effort to get the grades they want. People who refuse to study or read the textbook or assigned reading probably won't do well either. Someone who just wants to get a degree and get out shouldn't come to the University of Florida either, because a degree from here requires a lot of time and effort.

I wouldn't say there is any single type of person that shouldn't attend the University of Florida. All types of students attend here, which makes for an interesting experience. The only type of person that might want to look elsewhere is someone who prefers a campus in a big city as Gainesville is a small town (although growing).

A person that sin't motivated shouldn't attend UF. There are many distractions, and if you are not willing to put your future and your education first, you will not succeed. I think that the size of this school and the opportunities, good and bad, can be very distracting to students if they are not prepared and focused on school.

The University of Florida is a school that caters to people who are looking for a career in something that is very applicable. Fields like philosophy or religion in my opinion seem to lack substance. Therefore someone who is thinking or contemplating a career in something similar to these might be better of in another school.

The type of person that shouldn't attend the University of Florida is one that is not open to different cultures and people. The University is so large that there are students from literally all types of backgrounds, and if one can not tolerate other's culture then he/she should not consider the University of Florida.