University of Florida Top Questions

Alejandro

The first thing I would tell myself as a highschool senior would be to appreciate my parents more. Once I left my house and moved five and a half hours away, I got a little homesick. Also, I would tell myself to thank my father more often for the food he would cook every night because cooking by yourself is significantly harder. It woud also have been nice to watch him cook dinner so I could eat things besides chicken breast every night and peanut butter sandwiches every morning. Furthermore I would tell myself to go out with my friends more often since going to college would severely limit how often I would be able to see them. Finallly, I would warn myself of all the things that go on in college that could distract me from my studies and to really focus on being the best student I can be.

Perhaps the most important piece of advice I could give myself as a senior about to enter into college is to plan ahead and take my first semster seriously. It is the semester that defines the difficulty of your college experience, and I wish I would have spent less time trying to diversify my activities and more time focusing directly on them.

jordan

Don't worry so much about what other people think. Just focus on my own dreams and not what others think I should or shouldn't do.

Dear Rachel, Life after high school is not as easy a transition as you first thought. There are two things that I would advise you to do. The first is to continue through to your Bachelor's degree without taking any time off. You will see if you make the same mistakes, that by not doing this, it delays your completing your graduate degree. The second piece of advice I have to give is to not delay your education for a relationship. Boyfriends will come and go. When you complete your first level of education, then and only then (think Geometry), will be mature enough and have the ability to be more insightful to be in a serious relationship. You most likely will meet someone with goals and that will enjoy motivating you to meet your goals. Best of luck, Rachel

Jaclyn

Do not worry about the numbers, do not worry about what everyone else is doing, and do not be complacent. These three things are so important to remember while transitioning to college. It will not be necessarily be that different as far as being independent, but don't let all the numbers scare you. In college, there is a lot to do. There are so many opportunities, but don't compare yourself to everyone else because everyone has different interests and we all come from different places. The opportunities will come and you will get what you earn eventually. Although it may seem like some people get everything they want, your time will come and the friends will come. But, don't get complacent. You have to be proactive and go out there and chase your dreams and work hard. Nothing will be given to you. Have fun, but be intentional with your time. It goes by fast.

Listen to me. Stop procrastinating. College is nothing like high school. The teachers don't remind you of the deadlines, the exams are excruciatingly difficult, and the homework is often tedious and you actually need to put a lot of time into it. Worse yet, Mom is not going to be there to nag at you to do your homework. No one's going to wake you up in the morning. You'll have to use communal bathrooms and occasionally deal with hairballs in the shower and clogged toilets. But that's not it. You'll have to share a bedroom also. You might not get along with your roommate, but that's A-okay. A roommate is just like a pregnancy. 9 months, and they'll be out of your hair. College sounds fun, right? Enjoy your last year of high school. Bask in that senioritis. It's going to be okay. You'll graduate and your parents will be so proud of you when you walk across that stage. Just wait for the amazing moment when you get to toss the cap into the cair and think to yourself, "I did it." But that's just the beginning.

Makayla

Find something you enjoy, something that makes you feel like you. Find something that brings you back to the person you are, because it's so easy to lose yourself in college. There will be days when you realize you have no idea what you want out of life and there will be days when you are incredibly homesick for a home you didn't even appreciate while you were there. There will be days of doubt, of comparison, of questions. There will also come a day when your eyes finally open and you learn that your entire life, and this whole world, is sitting right in front of you. On this day, and those following, you will ponder what you want out of all of it. It will scare you and at the same time excite your heart. Before this happens, focus on yourself. Know yourself. Know what you love and what you enjoy and the core of your being and never left the light in your soul dimmer. Know so that you can build yourself, explore yourself, love yourself- because in college, at the end of the day all you have is yourself.

Voleer

It really bothers me how expensive college is. I wish I wasn’t so naïve before making the decision of being a college student. I did the math, and found out that I’m $59,000 in debt already. If I found a job that pays $9 a day for a year, that will be $25,000. $25,000 a year! If I’m $100,000 in debt, it will take me 4 years to pay it off! I wish I delved into the thought of receiving a full ride scholarship to a college or university. I don’t want to be an employee, I want to be an employer. But it seems I need to search for a job real soon in order to pay these loans off. I read somewhere that it takes 30 years to pay off student loans! I wish I was more aware back then. I wish I knew what I know now when it comes to receiving an education from a college or university. Back then I didn’t care how much it would cost me to receive a degree, as long as it was a prestigious university like the University of Florida…

Chrissy

Love yourself before you love anyone else. I know that sounds impossible, but the concept of faking it until you make it really works. Just act like you love yourself and soon will come to actually love everything about yourself. Drop Daena. She will break your heart and leave you emotionally unstable. What you are experiencing is not love. It's unhealthy; up until this point you have only experienced unhealthy love. You will find out what love is really like later, and although what will have gone through will almost break you, it will be worth it once you discover it. Don't be afraid to express your gender. You will be very afraid at first, but you will make friends that you can depend on for the rest of your years in college. Architecture will be very hard for you to switch into. Take care of yourself. Listen to good music. Broaden your horizons. If you get a gut feeling that makes you feel bad, DON'T DO IT. And lastly, you are loved, you are cared for, and you are worth so much more than you think you are. I love you.

It is okay to not continue at college, that it is possible to return when timing, finances, and motivation are improved. I would ignore the often simplistic advice of family and friends, "if you drop out, you'll never go back". This advice leads to students in 4-year programs taking 10-years to complete a degree and often with horrible GPA's. Don't register for a semester "just because that's what you're supposed to do" and you're not a failure if you stop for a semester or two. Be realistic and don't be afraid of the institution or the administrators, you're an adult now. It's okay to have fun and lots of it, you're in college! However, manage the situation by being realistic about work and school committments. Lastly, you don't need to find what you like right away, but it helps. Most course material will seem irrelevant, but it isn't to a non-traditional student after 20+ years of work and life experience. Just learn it and it will eventually impact your life.

Christianne Lei

If I were to go back in time and warn myself about college life, I would have to say that bragging about living on my own and not being forced to go to classes is something that you should not get caught up in. Yes, the glitz and the glam of a true college life is there, but I learned from my own mistakes, that grades and learning always comes first. You can brag about how you got into such a great school, you can be happy that you can sleep in and skip, but it will take away from your grades and your well-being at the school. My first semester in college was fun, but I let the fun get in the way of studying, and my grades suffered a lot. I lost my scholarship, and I'm trying to get my GPA back. If I didn't let the freedom of it all take control, I would not be in my predicament. And if I could tell my high school senior self that, I would have prevented so many things. I did learn from it all, but I wish I didn't have to learn this way.

Jacobi

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior the first thing that I would do is inform myself that college is all about building relationships with people. It's about meeting people and networking. I would talk to myself about not worrying so much about what your major will be or what classwork you will have to do because that will come, but what you need to focus on is building relationships with people now so that it won't be such of a culture shock when you actually get to the university. Making the transition from high school to college is like moving from a small rural town into New York. For that reason I would advise my high school senior self to do a lot of research on the university. Find out what clubs and organizations they offer, and look up what goes on in the school, evaluate student surveys done on the campus to find out what you will like and what you won't like. I would have been grateful to have received information from my future self, but I am glad that I got to learn on my own.

Sonja

1.You will lose friends.2.Chin up, that school isn’t for you anyways. Don’t sweat it.3.You are beautiful, no matter what they say.4.It is okay to cry.5.You don’t need that expensive organizer. Put it down.6.Being a member of a club is great in high school, but in college you need to be the leader7.Don’t expect to come home every holiday. Traveling isn’t cheap.8.Life at home will continue on without you so don’t be upset when your mom fills your room up with her clothes.9.Financial aid won’t kick in until AFTER the first week of school.10.A laptop is greater than a car. You won’t find parking anyways.11.Did I mention you will lose friends?12.And when you do, feel free to cry some more.13.It will all be worth it.

Clyde

This time two years ago, I was spending Christmas crying next to my Father’s hospital bed. As a high school senior, I was bombarded with multiple tragedies in my life within a span of one week before Christmas. My grandmother passed away, my brother was in a critical car accident, my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer, my cousin home from Afghanistan committed suicide, and my father suffered a heart attack. During this time I wasn’t comfortable and never wanted to be comfortable; I felt as if that comfort would be shattered the second I received more bad news. Now, as a pre-medical sophomore at my dream University equipped with the 20-20 vision only hindsight can supply, I look back on my obstacles with a clearer mind and more experience on my plate. My advice to my high school self, specifically my senior self, is this: these struggles will mold you. The pain you are feeling is temporary. These hardships will build your character, and these experiences will make you stronger. Any hardship you will face in the future will be easier to tackle, because you know that you have been through worse, survived, and thrived.

Dean

If I could go back and tell my high school self anything, I would tell him (me) that it's going to be alright. That even though you'll be undecided when you walk across the stage, and you have no idea what you want be or if you'll be determined enough to do it, that everything is going to be ok. The expectations of yourself are too high, and you need to just let go and trust that everything will work out in the end. That even though all your friends left and went on to bigger and better things and you feel stuck right where you are, I would tell him that the feeling won't last, and that you are capable of making it. It's going to be difficult, and you're going to have to push yourself to the breaking point at times, but you'll look back on it and be greatful that you did. If I could go back to my high school self, I would tell him (me) to love people deeper and trust in yourself to always do the right thing. But most importantly, just love yourself and be strong.

kristin

I would definitly tell myself to take a deep breath and not to freak out about leaving all my freinds behind. Even though you're going to be far away from them doesn't mean you'll stop being friends. It also doesn't mean you won't be able to make more. I'd also tell myself not to be afriad to branch out and try new things you might even end up changing your major (*wink*). I'd also tell them to get involved on campus and in the community because that is the best way to find out what your passionate about and to meet people with similar interests. I think the most important thing I would tell myself though would be that your still growing and changing. You may think that you know exactly who you are but you are about to be exposed to a million and one experiences you've never had before. Don't be afriad if it shifts your views and maybe even starts to change who you are at your core. Embrace the change and love it because you're finally becoming who you were always meant to be.

Alessandra

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior some advice, I would suggest to make the best of the weekends. To study hard, because getting credits in highschool opens up opportunities to take fun classes and electives in college. Also i would put an emphasis on getting involved in positions within the school and community. I would encourage myself to get a job and save up money for college, but also to work on time management and be able to balance school work, and involvement.

Larrissa

I would tell myself to start every semester off on a good note because it is much easier to lower your grades than it is to raise them. It is also wise to form study groups whenever possible because multiple brains are better than one yet at the same time ensure that you engage in independent study because only you can earn you grades. I would also tell myself to get involved in clubs and activities to take advantage of my school, not to mention it looks good when filling out scholarship applications, graduate school applications and job applications as well. I would also advise myself to go to office hours in order to say on track with course materials, get academic help when needed, get to know the professor, and to let him know that your dedicated to doing well in his class. Lastly I would advise myself to go to tutoring when needed and if there is free tutoring, go even when it is not needed. There is always a chance of learning something you didn’t know and sometimes someone else can explain things in a way that allows you to understand better.

Destiny

College is not high school. The classes are harder, the lectures are not personal, and you will have to study. But whatever you do, don't forget that mom or dad, they're only a call away if something goes bad. If you can't do laundry, call them. If you feel stressed, call them. Family understands you in a way most people won't so in a place away from them, it may be comfoting just to hear thier voice and thier opinion.

Alaina

Hello High School Senior Self, Things may seem small to you right now, and you may want nothing more than to get out of high school, so rest assured: college will be a whole new environment. You're salutatorian now, and that's amazing. When you get to UF, don't expect to feel as superior, though. You're going from being a big fish in a small pond to being a small fish in a very big pond. There are many people at UF just as capable as you. Don't worry, though; it's going to be a humbling experience for you. You'll find that you actually like the anonymity of walking around campus and there being no one that's putting high academic pressure on you. You're going to get your first C in precalculus, and that's okay. You'll realize math isn't for you, and through your job at the performing arts center, you'll find you love working in hospitality and switch to that program of study. I know you feel trapped now, but trust me: college will be everything you're hoping it will be. Sincerely, UF Sophomore Self

Wesley

If I were to go back in time to talk to my high school senior self I would tell him to get started on more scholarship applications. I would also tell him who wins the Super Bowl for the next couple years and who wins the Fifa world cup in 2014 so he can bet and win money and be financially set for the rest of his college life. But I would also tell him that going to St Petersburg college is not as bad as I am making it out to be and that I will get into the University of Florida after I get my Associates degree. Once at the University of Florida I would tell him to get a job and continue to apply to scholarships and continue to work hard and to be more social and build more friendships. This would be my advice to my high school senior self and hopefully he will take my advice and not worry about the future as much as I did.

If I could go back and talk to my high school senior self, I would tell younger me that college is not that scary. It seemed my entire senior year was spent dreading graduation while all my classmates were counting down the days. I was devastated when graduation day rolled around. I was going to a new place four hours away from my family and friends, walking away from everything familiar to me. But eventually move in day came and all I could feel was unnecessary fear. Upon arriving at the University of Florida, I was immediately thrown into new situations and interesting experiences. I met my awesome roommates, cool classmates, and learned my way around campus. And the best thing was it was entirely on my own, I didn't have old high school buddies in the mix, or any connections, it was all me; I was responsible for the best summer of my life. So, with this newfound confidence I would go back and tell the little stressed out Jenny that college is different and big and life changing, but its not scary. College is freedom and a time of discovery, something to be anticipated not feared.

suzy

Knowing what I know now about college life, the advice I would give myself as a high school senior would have been, to take some college courses while in high school, in order to get rid of some of those college courses and to be done with college sooner. More so, I would advise myself to stay extremely focus on school and to make sure my highschool GPA is as high as it can be. I would’ve apply for as much scholarships I could possibly apply for, so that I could have enough scholarship and grant money to cover my college expenses. Lastly, I would work on gaining more hands on experience from the field of study of my choice, to be better prepared to help the people of this world who rely on success.

Dallas

Research each college carefully. Each college has different standards and pre-requisite requirements for each degree. If you go to a community college and plan to transfer, be sure to know what pre-requisites are needed. Find out who is going to the same college as you. Friends for roommates is generally considered bad, but it is far better than getting paired up with random people. Spend a year in the dorms- best way to meet new people and make friends. Go to teachers' office hours. Get to know your teachers. They could potentially help you find a job after college. Many jobs require just a 4 year degree because it shows you can do the work and stay focused for long periods of time. While working on the degree, learn to learn. If you know HOW to study, college will be good. Don't get behind trying to LEARN HOW to study. Most important- finish the degree and network. Network with anyone you can. All job hires seem to come from knowing someone somewhere. Networking is everything.

Not to be completely cliche, but find something you like to do and run with it. Pick up an instrument, try programming, maybe you like to cook! When it comes down to it, college is YOUR experience and no one can live it for you. This advice transcends far beyond the classroom too. It applies to people you meet, extra curriculars you participate in, etc. If you find an awesome club, or great group of friends that you feel comfortable with, ride that happiness for as far as it will take you. Don't worry about what people might think about you joining the Harry Potter Club. If that is what makes you a truly happy person, then by all means, be the best wizard you can be.

I suppose the main piece of advice I would give myself would be to not live on campus for a second year. I feel as though that was my greatest mistake during my time in college. Any other advice beyond that trivial piece, I both would not and should not give myself because it would damage the entire process of learning, self-discovery, and self-improvement. I suppose my refusual to give my past self any significant advice on any noteworthy event follows the old adage about giving a man a fish and would completely ruin my ability to be a self-sufficient well adjusted individual.

Chantelle

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, one of the advices that I would give myself is to not procrastinate. University requires time management. Leaving assignments to be completed at the deadline can cause added stress. To avoid the procrastination, I would have advised myself to work consistently. I would do my assignments in small increments. Taking this advice would have enabled the production of higher quality assignments since I would have spent more time working on them. This strategy would have also reduced stress level which tends to heighten when multiple assignments and tests due around the same date. Another advice that I would give myself is to be open to new experiences and be willing to adapt fully to the life of a college student. Engage in activities that I have never done prior to coming to the college campus. This can allow me to experience life outside of the classroom. Also, doing more extra curriculum activities can aid in identifying and developing of a hidden talent of mine. This can facilitate the formation of a social network that can provide social support that is essential to college success.

Jeff

test essay

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, the advice I would give myself is be wise, don't drink and drive ever, be open minded, don't be shy, and just have fun and interact with people. You have to be wise in school and with people. You have to be smart and don't beleive evrthing you here. You should always question things that don't seem right, and usually if something doesn't feel right, it usually isn't right. Make sure you don't drink and drive ever. To many students die everyday because of drinkng and driving, don't become the statistic. Know your limit when to stop drinking. Make sure you aren't shy, and make sure you interact with people. When your shy, you don't give yourself the opportunity to meet new people and have fun. Interact with people and make friends and have fun! That's the advice I would give to myself.

Nicole, When you first started college, your parents had a vision for you to be a doctor, or a lawyer, or something that defined success by others' standards. You did not have much of a vision for myself, since you were blinded by the advice of those around you. You did not know how to make your passion to help people into a career, probably out of fear, or simply because you were unwilling to think outside of the box. Well, I have good news for you: you realized you needed to start making your own decisions and chasing your own dreams. After a change in major to Psychology and English, hundreds of pages of information on counseling psychology read, and three months of your parents not communicating with you out of disappointment, you were happy. As the quote goes, those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. Your life was not meant to be wasted, and you should intend to live it with the fuel of love, care, understanding, and empathy for others. I know right now you think you have no way to choose your path, but you can, and you will.

Shannone

Since I graduated from high school fifteen years ago, I have learned just how quickly life passes you by. I met many great friends in high school and in college, but I have only realized recently how much I took that time with them for granted. This past year I started to make this right by arranging a ten year reunion for my tight-knit study group from college. We attended a football game back on campus, and we all had a blast reminiscing over memories. We also found that we each shared the sentiment that we should have reunited sooner. Having the opportunity to go through it all again, I am not sure that I would make many decisions differently, but I certainly would treasure this special time a lot more deeply. I would also tell myself to carve out sacred time to keep in touch with friends after parting ways. It is far too easy for life's day-to-day challenges to take over and leave us feeling like we can always leave the important things until "tomorrow."

Tracy

I would tell myself to do exactly what my parents told me, which is what I did. Choose a major that will get you somewhere, one that is a true career path. Never stay out past 2, nothing good ever happens after that, stay healthy, don't have more than one drink a night, more than two nights a week, and never drink more than three in one night. Be safe, never walk anywhere alone, always stay in lighted areas. Work through school, it will keep you grounded, and will force you to learn time management skills, take on internships to figure out what you want to do and to build your resume. Make school your priority, boys will come and go, as will fun, but that degree will stick with you for a lifetime.

The advice I would give myself is that you should apply to as many scholarships as you possibly can before you start college. It's a great idea to start early in earning scholarships, and it's an idea I took lightly. Now, I am hunting down as many scholarships as I possibly can to help lower the amount of money I must take out in student loans, which is pretty overbearing to deal with when you also have night exams and computer programs to write that take up much of your time. If I had looked for scholarships earlier, it's not that I wouldn't have to look as much during my years in college, but more that I wouldn't feel so pressured. Also, trying to apply for scholarships during high school could have given me more experience in the application process and could have shown me examples of the varied types of scholarships, instead of trying to explore on my own by trial and error when it is important to know what you are doing. Scholarships are an important thing for students to consider, and that is the advice I would give myself.

If I could go back in time and talk to my former self about college, I would most likely advise myself to cherish the time spent with the family. There is nothing I miss more than being at home and seeing my parents and brother every day. The transition of going from hanging out with my family all the time to seeing them only once every two months has been difficult for me. I wish I would have spent more time with them when I was back at home. Had I known I would not see them much once I moved away to college, I would have done more activities with them and been a better son and brother. The transition to college would have been easier because then I would have known that I spent some quality time with them before moving away. Because of I miss home, I would advise my former self to enjoy the time that passes by when hanging out with the family.

Drew

Don't say no

After having a challenging yet highly rewarding first year of college, three of the most important things I would tell my high school self are study well in advance for exams, get involved in only one or two organizations, and go to your professors' office hours. In high school, I'd have A's fairly easy because there are many assignments to bolster your grade. Then I'd cram one or two days before a test and could pull off at least a B, thus securing an A in the class. In college the exams comprise the majority of your grade, not to mention the difficulty and amount of information to remember has increased. In order to get an A in a college course, you must have mastery of the material which requires studying a little every day. It's important to get involved on campus but join too many clubs and risk spreading yourself too thin. It's much more rewarding to pick one or two organizations and become highly involved in them. Lastly, go to professors' office hours! This is a way to obtain help and distinguish yourself from other students, which is often difficult in large classes.

In high school I went to school everyday worried, anxious and confused about what was around the corner. Always wondering if I had everything done and prepared and if I knew what I wanted. I was so concerned about what was going to happen the next Fall that I never really stopped to enjoy the moment. I would tell my high school self to stop and take in what is around me and worry about the future when its the future. Enjoy your last year of being in high school because in the blink of an eye everything will change and the world will soon seem a whole lot bigger. When I came to college I thought I knew, I thought I was absolutely positive. I could not of been more wrong. I soon learned that I did not want to be a Psychologist and that I had no clue what I wanted to be or where I wanted to go with my life. It took me a semester and a half to figure it out and now, as an education major I couldnt be happier. So have fun while you can because everything else will work out in time.

Miguel

djsfdpohjpsajh'jsf'lghm'ksjhk ';ofjdzhoksjh[osjhp];] sj[osjhpks \]s[ojgh[osjkh[]sl\]hdf[oi'jsdp[kh[s;ph 'sf .jhpdkp\=[j

The advice I would give to myself is get involved with what interests you and make friends that way. It helps when classes get hard and you start to feel overwhlemed. I would also advise to talk to someone and utlixe the free counseling if school and life begins to be too much.

Shane

Do not let other people influence your decision of where you will further your education. This decision must be yours, and yours alone, as only you know what will truly make you happy. If you are not comfortable where you decide to go, you will most likely not apply yourself to the fullest of your ability. Research schools day-in and day-out, and find where you feel like you belong, because at the end of the day, it is you who will be committing a few years and a good bit of money to that school. Make sure your decision is worth it, as I can tell you that transferring is a timely and expensive matter, but it has put me in a place where I feel like I belong, and I could not be happier with my decision to be at Florida State in the Fall. This is your life, made up with your choices, where each and every one will shape your future, especially at this crucial point in your life. So make a choice that you will not regret down the road, because at the end of the day, the only person to blame is yourself.

Leann

Make friends, get some sleep, try out all kinds of classes.

The advice I would give my high school senior self would be to always go to class. My first year of college was hard beause I was just beginning to get used to the living situation, which made me a lot less likely to go to class. I was not motivated to attend large lecture hall classes where attendance was not mandatory because I felt I could learn as much by simply reading the text book. By doing this I created a habit for myself to not attend class and therefore my schedule was not consistent.

Nasryn

I would have told myself to take some time off before deciding on what to do. That way, I would not have graduated to face the imminent and dreary realization that I did not make the right choice.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about what I know of college life and making the transition, I would tell myself to listen when my parents told me to do more in high school. Not that I didn't do a lot, because I did. I was very involved, however, they meant get involved with things that would make a difference on your college or scholarship applications. I now know that community service and school involvment are so important when moving on in your school career. I would yell, Megan, wake up mom and dad keep telling you to get out in the community and volunteer. Find something that is important to you and give it your best effort. I wish I would have listened to my parents. Maybe if I had, we wouldn't be struggling financially.

If I were able to go back in time and speak to my high school self, here is who I would find: A girl, terribly frightened of making the wrong decision, and horrified to start college with no idea what she wants to ultimately do with her life. As a visitor from the future I'd tell her to calm down and breathe, that everything will turn out fine. I'd tell her that she’ll soon find that many people are in her situation and are just learning what they want to do with their lives. That she’ll change her mind what seems like a thousand times but that’s okay too. That it’s okay to not be going off to a 4-year University right away, and that she will gain years of priceless life experience working for a wonderful employer in the optometric field, where she'll gain the inspiration for her ultimate future. I’d tell her that she’ll never lose the drive that she has as a high school student, like I know she worries about, and that she will continue to work toward her degree. “You’re going to make it.”

Tony

I would tell myself to get tested for ADHD. I currently got diagnosed with ADHD my second semester of college after having trouble focusing all through out high school and college so far. After I got diagnosed with it school is so much easier now because i can actually focuse on my studies. I would tell myself to go to the doctor immediately because it will make school alot less painful and that you will do great in school once you get the help that you needed a long time ago.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to really enjoy my last year in high school and to start getting prepared for college. I would advise to get involved with every possible club that I can on campus. I would tell myself to step out of my introverted self and get out and meet new people and make friends. I would also emphasize on the point to put my all into my classes for the first couple of years. Knowing now, if I developed an outstanding motivation and study habit at the start of college and was able to sustain that, my GPA would be higher now. I would strongly express that I need to consistantly work my hardest at my classes and that no matter how exhausting it may seem, that it will definitely pay off in the end.

samantha

I would tell myself to practice efficient time management skills! That's the key to helping the transition from high school to college life be easier.

Tamara

With the knowledge that I now obtain, I would definitely inform myself to stick to a major that would make me happy. When I started college, I decided to major in business because I was not sure what I wanted to do so I chose something that I where I thought I would be financially successful. However, I hated it. It was not a field where I thrived and had I followed my gut, I would have stuck in the field of social science. I did eventually find my way, but I had to live through a torturous semester. I would tell my 'high school self' to not fear failure, to be courageous, and to do what makes me happiest. If we live life by that philosophy, society would be a better place.

Vincent

I would tell myself to take life more seriously and that working hard early on would pay dividends down the road. I am learning that lesson now and I feel like its just too late sometimes.