University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the town it is located in is not an enjoyable place to live. There is not much to do and the town is not very lively as I hoped it would be. I am use to cities like Fort Lauderdale, where I am from, because I find it more uplifting and motivating to be in "fast-paced" settings.

The most frustrating thing about this school is how big student population is, and how little the administration cares about helping students get acclimated and feel welcome. My two years in a dorm were awful in terms of student life -- my RAs may have lived out of the country, for all I saw of them.

The most stressful thing about my school is the amount of students. There are over 50,000 students and sometimes for a freshman coming out of highschool it can be overwhelming for me. The class sizes are huge and it is hard to comprehend and pay attention when I am used to a 25 person class.

Finding parking spots is a frustrating aspect of living off-campus. There never seems to be enough spots even if you have a decal. Sometimes you might risk missing class if you decide to drive to campus. I recommend using the bus system or bike riding to campus to avoid parking problems.

The most frustrating thing is the paperwork. Filling out papers for majors and minors, but needing to wait until you have a specified amount of hours, getting signatures and apporvals. It might be frustrating, but it is necessary-- so all I can do is follow the guidelines and be patient.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the huge classes for the introductoray level courses. For example, chemistry and physics were really big classes. It was difficult to connect to the professors. However, it was helpful to form study groups with the students in the class.

The most frustrating thing is that I feel that some proffessors make the courses intentionally difficult to weed out students. Sometimes i feel that the courses would be easier at another school. Especially when looking at the grades and number of students that drop these courses.

The most frustrating thing about UF is the party-atmosphere. As much as college students party, it tends to get in the way of other students who don't party. Yet those who party don't show up to class and make better grades than some students who don't party and show up to class.

I worked hard to get into the University of Florida in order to open the opportunity to live at home while I am in college. While it is a common goal among teenagers to seek to escape their family and home in college, the economy has forced me to learn more realistic priorities.

The most frustrating thing about the University of Florida is the learning environments. Classes are usually held in large lecture halls with up to 400 students per lecture. This learning environment is very distracting and in my opinion hinders the learning of many students.