University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

One of the best aspects of the University of Florida is the friendly atmosphere. Although it is a large campus everyone including the students, faculty, and administration really put in the effort to create a welcoming environment and provide the resources necessary to not only allow a new student to acclamate successfully into campus life but also to flourish via the provision of programs such as freshmen orientation, study and tutoring sessions, wellness and counseling services, law services, job fairs, internship fairs, and recreational activites. Garnishing success for all students who wish to and do attend the university.

No other university, not even the highly expensive University of Miami can compare to our level of academics. In January 2010, the University of Florida was ranked 2nd to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for best value in public education. For investors, this is another great statistic, but for students, this goes to show that even if we were'nt all born with silver spoons in our mouth's, our intelligence, perseverance, and inspiration can help us reach great goals. For immigrant families, especially, the opportunities at UF reinforce the same driving inspiration that brought us here.

The best thing about the University of Florida is the massive reserve of resources it provides. Because it is such a large university, students here have the opportunity to study in a wide array of subject areas, and they have access to the university's Career Resource Center, International Center for study abroad opportunities, academic advisors in every college, one of the best honors programs in the country, and more. These advantages, combined with the extensive diversity of the university, provides for a unique experience that prepares students to be extremely competitive upon graduation.

University of Florida was founded on a green territory, donated by the state of Florida centuries ago. What used to be nothing but green landscapes was converted into the most pronounced university in the state. Nowadays technology overpowers the “old ways,” and everything seems to be established on concrete floors, microchips and wireless networking. In comparison to contemporary, this school wraps itself around Mother Nature instead of using her as an accessory. As one who comes from that sort of environment, this school offers more of a “home feel” to it than any other has ever offered.

I love the diversity and amount of options at my university. The student body, as well as the professors and faculty, are racially and ethnically diverse; there is so much originality throughout campus. People are encouraged to express varying opinions, and most people tolerate, if not embrace, those different from them. Also, the school is big, which means it offers a wide variety of majors, minors, programs, and classes fit to the student's own unique goals. The students, though diverse, are united through school spirit -- no doubt helped along by our football team's success.

Some of the best things about the University of Florida include the flexibility of the college; the school has many options for fields of study, so that a student is able to transfer from one major to another without having to change schools. The student body is very diverse so there are many ethnic differences and opportunities to embrace other cultures. Classes are large but teachers are easily approachable and friendly. In addition, it's a large and popular university that is relatively close to my hometown (so that I may come home conveniently to visit when I choose).

The best thing about my university is the vast spectrum of student organizations, and the camraderie exemplified within them. I was involved in a small choral group this year and these organizations are a great platform to making new friends, because they provide a basic interest and starting point for conversation. I love my university because of the large array of interests, and how the University does not just focus on one department, but excels in all of the different programs it offers. The diverse student body adds a critical element of the University's atmosphere.

The unique thing about UF is the school spirit. No matter if teams win or lose, we are always proud to be Florida Gators. There is always something going on on campus in order to make the university a better place. There is never a time when the students' opinions don't matter. No matter where you come from or what your story is, there will be something for you to do at UF, and you will have your opportunity to shine. There are clubs and groups all over the place, and there is room in each for anyone who is interested. The campus is always filled with life.

Football season at the "Swamp" is like no other. When there is a football game, it is truly impossible for anyone stopping by Gainesville to not realize that it is game day. From Downtown to Midtown the streets are transformed into a sea of orange and blue as fans sport their best gator apparel, tailgates are present in every direction and the overall gator spirit is so powerful that the most clueless football person will be cheering "Go Gators!" by the end of the game. Rivals may find the overall experience intoxicating, but for true gator fans it's perfect.

I LOVE THE GATOR NATION! I have found myself and I know so much more than I could have imagined. College has been the best experience of my life. People do not discriminate based on gender or race. Athough we are ranked #1 College Party Tow, we are #1 Basketball and Football Champs, athletes are in the NFL/NBA and 2008 Olympics!! Academically, we are always ranked among the top 10 . WE PARTY HARD, BUT STUDY HARDIER. Campus is a very serious atmosphere, social and EXTREMELY diverse. ITS GATOR-VILLE for a reason. Its great to be a Florida gator.