University of Florida

« See more reviews of University of Florida

I consider the best thing about my school to be how diverse it is. For the first time, I have been opened to every organization possible. There are always groups of all kind trying to educate others of their culture. I extremely enjoy being able to learn about others and how they live and what they like. Back in my high school in Miami, I was mostly surrounded by Hispanic people so it is what I was used to. But I have come to have friends from all over the world who have the same ambitions as me.

Attending the University of Florida is extremely a surreal experience. The many opportunities that the staff and students incessantly offer students here surmount to many different institutions and organizations that provide wonderful jobs and interships. Also, the staff does an excellent job making sure that students stay on track of their major, and if they aren't, the staff does whatever is in their power to designate a student to a major that is akin to both their interests and skills.

The best thing about the University of Florida is the opportunities it provides its students. Being one of the best public schools in the nation, UF is well-known and respected around the nation. Employers recognize the University of Florida as a school that holds its students to high standards, both in academics and extracurriculars. Therefore, because the university is associated with greatness, it will be easier to get a job once out of school or receive acceptance into another program.

The school spirit here is amazing. We are a very athletically minded school with great sports teams, but the University of Florida is best know for having one of the top academic based schools in the nation. Its a large university that is filled with many diverse people, but it is very easy to make your surroundings as small as youd like. The school does a great job at helping students further their lives into careers for their futures. Its a good balance of academics, sports and fun.

For a person that was a bit terrified of the idea of going to school on such a huge campus, I believe that UF's greatest asset is the level of school spirit. Students carry it in everything that they do, and it makes for a very family-oriented atmosphere. Even at orientation, you are urged to make yourself feel more apart of the Gator Nation by getting involved! It greatly downsizes the large campus, and in some ways make you that you have more in common with the people around you.

The amount of resources available to students such as free printing at certain computer labs, the extensive and up-to-date library system we have online and on-campus, as well as the newly renovated Southwest Student Recreational center give students the necessary tools to succeed whether they need to study or just blow off steam through exercise and physical training. Our great sports teams also provide a lot of activities to watch and participate in while on campus.

The campus atmosphere is the best. The courses are challenging and push you while the teachers engage and support your growth, creating an atmosphere of academic motivtion. Then, in complete balance to the academic atmosphere, the school spirit permeates through every part of the campus creating an inclusive community. This atmosphere makes a student feel as though they belong and reassures the doubting freshman that thay made the right choice for their future.

I think the best thing about the University of Florida is that it is a well recognized University. Not only becasue of the titles won in sports but becasue of all the research developments that have occurred there. This helps you make a better impression on employers because they see the University of Florida as a leading school in the states. I also like that there are hundreds of ways to get involved with an organization or club for many things and interests.

The University of Florida has an amazing choice of academic schools, but the best thing is the school spirit! How many people can wake up and honestly say that they are excited to walk around campus? I carry that spirit with me today. Every time UF alumni pass each other in the mall, at work, or anywhere in public, they greet each other with a "Go Gators!" and a mutual understanding of the life and the future of a prestigious Florida Gator.

Each teachers was professional, insightful and helpful and they each took an interest in the welfare and education of their students. Staff was courteous and available when approached and always had an effective answer for the learner. Years later when I contacted professors with questions they still remembered me and were ready to help be it simple answers of personal referances. LOVED the Gator staff!!