University of Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Florida

I like the University of Florida, but I think it is tied up in its superior status as a "Top 10 Public University." Instead of focusing on its status, it should focus on its students and providing them with the best education, support, and care. More money should be devoted to education, housing, and scholarships for students, instead of to new projects for athletics like baseball stadiums and football complexes.

Colin

I love being a Florida Gator! Some of my fondest memories include being a part of Alpha Phi Omega. Alpha Phi Omega is a co-ed service fraternity that is responsible for the informational desk that sits at a key intersection for foot traffic on campus. Every day I'd go there, hang out with my friends, and give directions to students who were usually looking for their classes. Being a part of that really drove home why the University of Florida is so great: Even though it's a huge school with over 50,000 students, there's always a place for you at the University of Florida!

Cheyenne

The University of Florida is known for being ranked a top ten public university. The academics are incredible and you always have the option to sit down with professors and peers and have intellectual conversations. Everyday you learn something new and the learning environment UF creates makes you excited to learn! The campus itself is electric, especially on game days! I have never been more proud to call myself a Florida Gator!

JC

It's great to be a Florida Gator! Attending UF for undergrad has been the best decision I've made in my life. Not only did I get a valuable education from one of the best schools in the nation (top 10 public school!) but I met amazing people and professors throughout the process. Some professors have even served as mentors for me after I graduated. Now I am in graduate school at a different school, and it is amazing how much knowledge I gained while at UF and how valuable my UF connections are throughout the nation. Thank you UF and Go Gators!

Jenna

I have been a student at the University of Florida for a little over two years, and I have never been happier. Not only does this school provide opportunities for growth inside the classroom, but it also serves as an environment where a every person in its diverse group of students can find a place, and use the school's many resources to forge their own paths toward success and fulfillment.

University of Florida is a massive school but it is very simple to make it feel small. Joining organizations is the best way to do so and it is very easy at UF to find a group. Everyone is very spirited and we are really great at sports, not just football. The campus is beautiful and definitely has hidden gems.

The University of Florida is an amazing school. There is your stereotypical Greek life and definitely the normal amount of college partying that takes place on campus. Overall, however, UF is focused on academics. The courses are rigorous; the teachers are brilliant. Each place you turn there are new opportunities to get involved, to make a difference, and to learn more about yourself and your potential major and career.

Madison

After having a hard decision about where I wanted to go to college, it is now my last semester and I could not be more happy with my decision to go to the University of Florida. UF has everything to offer with so many resources for students, numerous activities to be involved with, awesome academics with some fascinating teachers, many community events to get involved with and many people to make lasting friendships with. Even though the school may seem overwhelming at first with its large campus and some large class sizes, it definitely gets easier and s totally worth it.

Tianna

UF is honestly a great school. Being from out of state, I was extremely excited to hear I had gotten in. I love everything about it. It's a beautiful school. The class sizes can be very large but in order to create a smaller group they have discussion classes which help a lot. Football games are an amazing experience and it is unlikely you will find a school that is more into sports than we are. You will meet a lot of amazing people too.

Elisa

The University of Florida offers many opportunities to their students. Every semester there is a career showcase where thousands of recruiters come looking for UF students to fill their internship positions. There are also plenty of internal research positions available. Our huge sense of school pride becomes very evident after your first game at the "Swamp". We also take credit for the success of Gatorade and Tim Tebow. Go Gators!

The University of Florida is the best school ever. I would not want to be anywhere else. There is something for everyone here and so many opportunities to make friends. If you are thinking about attending UF, I highly recommend it. I have never felt more at home. GO GATORS!

Maite

Overall, I just simply love University of Florida. It is a great university with high standards, absolutely awesome community, and lots of facilities. Professors and counselors are always there to help you improve. Nice and safe campus that you will entirely love.

Tekilanand

The University of Florida is a well-balanced school that consistently ranks highly among public universities. In particular, the engineering and physics departments are well-appointed by industry experts. The University of Florida Department of Physics is a leading faculty contributor to many international projects such as LIGO and CERN, and many physics faculty personally work or do research for both organizations. Many students themselves end up collaborating and performing research as part of these international projects. UF engineering is internationally renowned; aerospace companies such as Boeing, SpaceX, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and Raytheon regularly recruit at UF due to the engineering program's size and strength.

Angel

During my one year at UF, I have been exposed to some of the best people I've ever met and created some friendships I hope to keep for the rest of my life. UF is a community that I feel is a place where one can easily find their niche and their "people." There are so many different avenues for people to express themselves and meet new people whether that's through clubs and organizations, Greek life, sports, or even academics. You are more than likely to find people who are likeminded, but most importantly you find people who are different than you and that challenges the way that you think and opens your mind to new perspectives. The demographics of UF show that Caucasians make up the majority of the school however, the minorities are represented and in just my first year I have met so many people from different ethnic, socioeconomic, and racial backgrounds. The faculty and staff are always open to help you further your education as well as helping you step out of your comfort zone and go for internships and other opportunities such as study abroad. Something most people don't know is that the University of Florida was not my first choice, however, I can't see myself transferring or even want to see myself somewhere else. This school allows for enjoyable downtime and a prosperous academic life.

Kathleen

I think it should be known that I am currently enrolled in General Chemistry and General Biology, two of the most overcrowded classes at the university. This means that they can be considered "weed out" classes, or classes that are purposely made near impossible to get an A in. That being said, I have never experienced an issue in contacting my professors nor accessing materials, which can be found at one of several study/tutoring centers around the area. My overall opinion? It's a great university that offers a ridiculous amount of opportunities for anything you may be looking for, and it's fairly easy to do well in your classes so long as you invest time and money into studying.

zariah

I am from Gainesville, FL which means I had no interest in attending the University of Florida which is in my hometown. However, over the course of my freshman year I fell in love with the campus. It is a totally different energy than the rest of the town. And when it's football season, weekends on campus are magical. I never watched football before I came to campus. Most people complain about Gainesville being slow, but after a while it really grows on you. You will begin to connect all your amazing campus experiences with the town itself. However, it is a big campus and introductory courses are reflective of that. Professors can seem distant and we definitely have our fair share of good and bad ones. In addition, UF is highly bureaucratic. This can make resolving financial or academic issues frustrating and time-consuming as you typically have to see multiple people to get a correct answer.

Allison

I find the University of Florida to be a very beautiful and excellent school. I entered the university as one of the first PaCE students in the school's history. I applied for Fall semester with a 4.2 GPA and 33 ACT score. (Apply summer if you can, you might be more likely to get in on campus or in a regular program). If you are accepted as a PaCE student, think carefully about all your options. The PaCE program is very new (only two years old on Fall 2016), and it has had some SERIOUS growing pains. PaCE students were barred from mental health counseling, student health care, student housing, football games in the student section, the university/city bus system, and many fraternities and sororities that are top tier will NOT consider a PaCE student for a bid. If you value Greek Life and their tier system, don't attempt to join as a PaCE student. In PaCE, you CANNOT switch from your accepted major!!! Don't accept the program for a degree you don't want and assume you can switch majors later. You cannot, and many students are learning this the hard way because they tried to "backdoor" their way into the school. To transition out of the online program and onto campus, you must complete certain classes for your degree, earn 60 credits minimum, and have spent at least a year in the online program. There is no getting out early. Though PaCE has its fair share of problems, the administrators have heard the complaints of my cohort and I and have made some moves to rectify the situation and improve conditions. There is now a package that you can purchase for a certain price per credit hour that will include access to the bus system, membership with Student Rec, access to student football tickets, and student health care. As a PaCE student, you CAN join clubs on campus! You just have to be present for meetings and events if required - so participating from a distance is nearly impossible. My personal experience with PaCE has been alright. I wish that I had gone to an on campus program my first semester and I highly regret taking UF's offer. It is not the traditional method for attending college and resulted in me feeling as if I didn't belong or "wasn't good enough to get in". However, no one will look down on you for entering this program. There is no stigma on campus and the PaCE group seems to be largely unnoticed. Our only stand-out feature is our special orange ID (which bus drivers will harass you about! CARRY A BUS TICKET!). The rest of the students have white IDs, so expect constant comments from cashiers such as "It's orange?!". I lived off campus in Gainesville at Windsor Hall in the female building. Please, please visit where you are going to live BEFORE you sign the lease! It seems like a no-brainer, but my family and I panicked when we saw few spots were left and jumped on the room. It turns out it is behind a building full of drunks and strange old men. It was also expensive compared to some other options, as I will soon be paying $545 in rent rather than $650, and I'll get my own room, bathroom, and a kitchen in a 3/3 instead of a shared room and communal kitchen for the entire building. I wouldn't recommend buying a meal plan if it can be avoided or if there will be a kitchen where you are living. During Preview, the dining hall becomes a 5 star restaurant. They are lying to you. You know that delicious steak you ate? It was a steak of lies. Have fun choking on dry pork chops and burnt cheesy potatoes for the next year! They have unlimited cookies that you can stuff in your purse and take back to your dorm, so I guess there is that. I paid about $40-50 per week for groceries and kept off the freshman fifteen while actually eating what I liked. Even if you can't cook now, there are easy ways to get around that. Tyson chicken nuggets are better than most of the dining hall entrees. Also, the declining debit method is a good investment and parents have access to the account, so parents - if your student is often on campus and can't make it home for lunch or realizes he or she needs something from the POD (little markets throughout campus carrying necessities and food) it's a great idea to deposit some money into that account every once in awhile. I once forgot pens when I went on campus to take notes and the POD saved my butt. Just use your student ID as basically a debit card, and when you graduate you can take back any unused money from the account. With a meal plan, any unused funds are basically erased and you have to buy a new meal plan the next year. I started off about a year into my degree, and did decently year - I ended with a 3.5 GPA. Online classes have their quirks and you need to consider that when you think about accepting this program. Online classes require the use of a website called "ProctorU". While it's great to take an exam in your pajamas and with a cup of coffee, it's odd knowing that on another tab someone is constantly staring at you. So if you're like me and mutter stuff under your breath when you get to a question you don't understand, you could be in for a pretty awkward situation. Also, I've had roommates bring home friends during an exam so communication is super important if you'll be living with someone else! Also, in online classes there is significantly more busy work than you would expect. I had about three assignments due per day last semester (including weekends) and it took its toll on me when I wasn't able to properly give some classes enough attention because one class demanded so much work. Because you aren't attending lectures and gaining attendance points, they have to make sure you're learning and reading somehow and unfortunately they just give you a ton of assignments to do that. If you are considering a pre-med program, do not accept PaCE program. Please save yourself the difficulty and exasperation. I'm one of the only students trying to work her way through this still, and it is so difficult. I constantly bounce between three advisers and they all have given me great advice but admit there is little they can do to help me right now. Medical schools don't accept online classes and it will be frustrating when you have to wait to take classes and your MCAT date will just keep getting pushed back, along with possible admission to medical school. If I have any bumps in the road, I will face the possibility of a gap year. It CAN be done, just not with any relative ease. So decide if this is really the school for you and, if it is, go for it - just be prepared! Don't let PaCE scare you. It's a great program, it's new and under development but evolving into something fantastic. If you want a safety net, it's a great option. I became very ill my first semester and after a hospitalization I was able to go home and recoup without worrying about missing my classes and failing. It allows for a safety net if you have never been away from home before or don't have much experience with adulthood or independence. Sometimes it is nice knowing that if everything crashes down you can get away for a month or two. It's also nice to save some serious money on classes! I took as many classes online as I could and by the end of my time online I will have earned 64 credits (including my 20 AP credits) around $600-700, which is amazing. UF is wonderful and if you have been accepted under this program, you have a whole previous year of PaCE students there to support you! Join our Facebook group and we will all answer any questions you have!

The University of Florida is an exceptional college that provides abundant opportunities for students to get involved and feel at home. The campus is all about diversity and inclusion so that no one is ever felt left out or alone. There are so many chances to make lifetime friends and so many clubs and events to attend that will never leave you feeling bored. Trying new things is a must, and everyone loves the friends environment and stellar academics.

Sereniti

I personally love the University of Florida. The university has so much to offer to its students. There are clubs for anyone’s personal interests. Sports also play a large part in the university as many students gather together to root on the Florida Gators. The feeling of being a Florida Gator is unlike any other!

Shelby

I love it here! So friendly and there is always something to do! It is so easy to meet new people, the classes are so much fun, and you are always learning something new!! There’s great food, great learning facilities, and always a place to hang out.

Jameris

It's a great institution with many wonderful intellectual individuals and promising organizations. Gainesville revolves around UF, which is good for adapting to the college lifestyle, but can be a bit excluding as far as activities outside of the realm of school.

Maris

The University of Florida is a very well respected school and does a great job of taking care of its students. They excel in on and off campus student life, academics, athletics, extra-curricular activities, greek life, and job and undergraduate research opportunities. It's great to be a Florida Gator!

Alexa

UF is a good school, by far the best option for top students in Florida. Many students who just missed getting into an Ivy League school or who couldn't afford to attend an out of state university choose UF, which is noticeable in the student body. Fun, lots of partying especially during football season, but if you're not into drinking you can easily find your crowd.

keithshondra

It is amazing

Alexandra

Overall, I am happy at the University of Florida. The campus is very safe and there are resources to help students feel secure. There are a lot of extracurricular activities to get involved in and sports to cheer for. The teachers care about the students and the students enjoy learning. Everyone on campus is really friendly and welcoming.

Frances

I'm not here to convince you that UF is the best school in the world (even though I definitely think it is). It's nearly impossible to compare the experiences of one student to another because everyone really does experience college-life very differently. However, this school has a very special place in my heart for being an incredible academic institution (with many research opportunities) but also for letting me become part of something way bigger than myself.

UF provides the full college experience - great academics and a big SEC athletic program. The students study hard all week and live for game day weekends where we all bleed orange and blue. UF has a very rigurous academic program that is rewarding at the same time. As a Psych major and Leadership minor, I had the opportunity to work with some amazing professors that truly mentored me. I feel very honored to be a UF alum and very excited to return for graduate school. I am a true Gator inside and out. I absolutely love UF!

Yasmin

It is a great university! I couldn't see myself attending any other school!

Danielle

The University of Florida is a pretty good school but, too much emphasis is put on school and grades to the point where students are more concerned about getting a good grade on an exam or paper rather than taking care of themselves physically and mentally.

Tegan

I am honored to be a Florida Gator. There is such a unique culture on this campus. I am always welcomed with assistance and friendship wherever I go. When it comes to academics...it may be challenging, but I am grateful in knowing I am getting the best of the best. I will always be accredited when it comes to careers and clubs because I AM a Florida Gator. The school is beautiful and has this old fashioned touch all around campus. Walking through the willow trees and red brick buildings makes me feel at home. I love the University of Florida. Game day culture, clubs, opportunities...it's something to live for. I WANT to get up every day and attend my classes because we have such great professors and student life. This is most definitely a five star school and I am certain I am not the only one with this opinion.

Eila

I applied to nine schools and I chose the University of Florida because this was the place I felt I would grow the most. I would say overall, it is Great to be a Florida Gator. There is something unparallel to the feeling of being part of the student section cheering on fellow Gators. The classes here are rigorous to the core. For your first semester, I would suggest taking it mediocre unless you are ready to be endlessly reviewing and studying.

Leah

The University of Florida is a wonderful school. It is a great community to be a part of. There are plenty of resources for every niche accommodation or interest. A great place for sports and activities. Gainesville is a wonderful city to live in. Go Gators!

Cori

I think that UF is a great school. It feels like everyone works together to make it a welcoming community. The teachers here are great, and very supportive of their students. There seems to be a large emphasis on you making your own college experience, but the school offers many opportunities to do so. I absolutely love it here and couldn't picture myself anywhere else. It truly is great to be a Florida Gator!

The University of Florida has the best of both worlds. The school spirit is like nothing anyone has seen before and attending tailgates on game days is a must. Some people would think that a school with so much social life couldn't possibly be a great academic school. However, the University of Florida has so much to offer when it comes to majors and available courses. The students at this university are very diverse and the number of clubs and extracurriculars we have available are in the hundreds. At the University of Florida, any student would be able to find their clique and succeed.

Diana

Welcome to the Swamp! Being a Florida gator is great. Everyone becomes a big family and is unified at the games and there is always someone to lend a helping hand. Yet being a gator does have its challenges. This isn't a little old baby pond. You have to really work through all the saw grass that comes your way. The classes are challenging and you are among the best of the best so it makes sense for it to be challenging. Future gators don't be discouraged, study hard, make connections, join the myriad of student involvement clubs and organizations, and be yourself. In no time you will be dominating the Swamp!

sarah

The University of Florida is overall a great school. When I first came here, I didn’t know anyone and didn’t expect to be connected with people that were very similar to me so quickly. The school offers so many different organizations that it is hard to not fit in with at least one. It offers an organization for almost every ethnicity. If your affiliated group does not have an organization, the great thing is you might be eligible to start an organization yourself. The school is primarily focused on academics, but they also care about the students. The University of Florida provides counseling for students who may need it and they also have this program called "U Matter We Care" which is there solely for the student's mental health. I find it pretty fascinating that they have such programs for those students who need someone to share whatever they may be going through with. Along with academics, sports is also a huge deal at this school. On football game days, the campus is hectic. People from everywhere come on campus and tailgate. There are tailgating stations almost everywhere on campus and it is amazing seeing how many Gator fans can get together to make a successful football culture happen on Saturdays. Coming to this university was one of the best choices I ever made in my life. To think that before getting accepted to UF, I was getting ready to attend Florida State University. I am forever grateful to be a student at one of the top 10 universities in Florida and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Ajani-Kaye

The University of Florida has a great reputation among universities in the southeast and even beyond to the entire country. There are so many opportunities available at all times and a number of majors to choose from. Definitely the best school Florida can offer.

Abigail

Over the past 9 months, I have been honored to call the University of Florida not only my school, but my home. Attending to a school with over 50,000 students is a little daunting, but the university has a variety of organizations that allow everyone, regardless of their background, to feel included. The diverse population of the student body as well as faculty and staff provides not only a welcoming sense of inclusivity, but encourages people to learn and embrace others. Despite having a large Florida Gator fanbase for its sports, the University has a multitude of other extracurriculars and events: political speakers, career fairs, service projects, and we even had Big Sean come perform in honor of Black History Month (thanks to our Black Student Union)! In addition to all of The University of Florida has to offer outside of its classroom, UF is consistently ranked nationally in college polls. Most recently, The University of Florida was ranked #4 in "America's Best Value College" by Forbes. We were even ranked higher than Harvard and Stanford! The university holds academics to a high standard, and one must work hard to achieve good grades. However, professors have regular office hours that allow you to further inquire about lectures and coursework, and campus facilities are a great environment for learning. Overall, the past year I spent at the University of Florida was the best year of my life. I am sad that it is already over, but cannot wait to spend at least another 3 years going to UF and living in Gainesville, Florida. Go Gators!

Trynelle

I think the University of Florida is a great institution. The College provides a wide array of activities, superior courses and sufficient meals to all of its students. Greek life is prevalent, but it does not divide the student body. Students are heavily involved in sports both school sponsored and intermural.

Alexa

Being an undergrad at UF is great. The academic programs are top-notch and the extracurricular options are expansive. Loved my years at UF. On campus dining should be better. However, I know they are currently working on getting more healthy options on campus.

Maya

I am obsessed with this school. From the abundance of major options, munificent resources, and effulgent atmosphere, there is nothing this school lacks. If you ever need a person to talk to or simply an opinion there is someone here for you 24/7. It is currently finals week and my dorm has scheduled an event bringing puppies before the week is over so students can destress in a fun way. During thanksgiving we had a big dinner put together by the RA's and the students to make sure everyone felt welcomed and at home. This school is amazing and I couldn't be happier here. 5 stars, 100%.

Dominique

Overall UF provides a vast choice of clubs and organizations that one can choose from. This is great because it becomes your home away from home. However, because of the vast number there is drama that follows. Where it is common for someone to judge you if you are in or not in some organization. If you stick to your friends and don't participate in the drama then you are good to go. Politics on campus comes from both sides. Within SG there is a lot of drama again because it is run by the greeks. If you can get in and make a positive change I highly encourage you to do so because it is an amazing opportunity. Academics wise, there is tons on campus to get involved in. Nothing will be given to you on a sliver platter but if you put in the effort there is plenty to be involved in. If you are into partying...there is tons there too. Greek, non-greek, bars, house parties you name it.

Anjonette

The University of Florida is a large flagship research land grant university... and that's the only blanket generalization that will suffice to describe this place. Attending this school is an opportunity to face the challenge of carving out an individual path to success. "Achievement," "success," and "leadership" are branded on every flat surface of the campus. There is a great initiative to join clubs and organizations in order to 'not get lost' in the sea of people. The array of humans in the area keep the environment feeling alive, and it is not overwhelming. Forget the thoughtless comments of people from Miami or other huge cities: Gainesville has plenty to do- both on and off campus. There are ethnic restaurants, community service projects, rock climbing gyms, nature trails, sport events, museums, cultural galas, free movies, and the events of hundreds of UF clubs/organizations. Like anything in UF, if you know what you are looking for, you will find it. If you want to start something new, this place is a pool of resources, knowledge, and opportunity to make it happen. The constant structural improvements on campus may be a reason to hope for an extended stay, but it is not really an inconvenience. The University of Florida grows, and this development encourages students to prosper. Around highly frequented areas (Library West, Reitz Union, Turlington Plaza) you will see tabling/recruiting for different organization. Be prepared to be offered tons of freebies and flyers. The Gator Times email newsletter will help you get a handle on what’s happening on campus. UF Alert texts and emails will keep you posted on any crimes in the area. Safety is of little concern considering there are student escorts and free rides home available on campus. Many buildings have open access, so exploring is a viable option anytime. You will find hidden gems like a 24-hr computer lab, a room for meditation, a massage chair, and rooms with free printing! Parking is the biggest inconvenience. Scooter parking seems to be reasonable because of the proximity to various key locations, although the spaces look packed mirror to mirror. Car parking is the un-exaggerated worst. The restrictive decals, limited garages/lots, and lack of proximity to residence halls are unacceptable. Also, there is much room for improvement with advising counselors. I have been in three separate colleges at UF. I did not receive much helpful insight from the advisers in either major. At one point, in the Business college, I was advised not to keep "spinning my wheels." Though most advisers may not be so blatantly discouraging, each adviser I have worked with only reviews with me what I could see on my own online. Advisers have general hearsay about popular classes, information you will hear in passing and more clearly understand by a RateMyProfessors search. Don’t expect profound or insightful guidance. Do your homework on what classes you will need to take and make yourself a plan with flexible options. If you need to change your major, that’s when advisers are the key resource. If UF is your plan, know specifics about what skills and experiences to want to gain and hit the ground running! This is a physically fit campus, so you will often see runners. Be aware of issues with parking. With a decal you will not find a spot close to your desired location regularly. If you do, moving your car at any time will be a headache. Explore the campus and you will find resources and hidden gems that are not advertised at Preview orientation. The University of Florida is the place to attend when you want to test the waters and have a little piece of every option at your disposal.

Sorilis

The University of Florida is great! Some classes are hard, but not impossible if you put in the work. Most professors are willing to help if you ask. Campus is beautiful, Gainesville has nice weather. Sports are really important, even if it's not football season. On-campus housing is not bad, depending on which hall you're in, and the food is not the worst. Go Gators!

Caroline

I love the University of Florida and am proud to call it my home. I never thought that I would ever feel so comfortable at a college campus, but I feel here that I am in exactly the right place. Everyone is so lovely and welcoming, the swamp has become my home away from home.

Adileidy

The University of Florida allows international students to have a smooth transition into the University. The faculty is always available or usually mostly available & at our disposition as students. In regards to the safety and environment of the Gainesville community, all adults,students, etc are always alert and very secure. I am an extremely proud gator and would not want to attend any other University due to the academics, extra curricular activities and the extra ordinary people who attend, teach and guide us day to day.

Ramona

The 50,000-student population of the University of Florida can be intimidating to some. It may make you wonder, "How am I going to find a group of friends?" or "How will I ever get to know my professors?" As a fourth-year undergraduate Gator, I can confirm that there are endless opportunities that the University of Florida has to offer; it is up to each individual student to take advantage of them. Between football games & tailgates, Greek life, pre-professional clubs, cultural organizations, campus-hosted activities in the student union, nights in midtown, career recruitment fairs, and so much more, there is something for everyone. Academics at the University of Florida may be relatively rigorous, but this teaches Gators how to work hard and play hard. The University itself teaches its students how to balance academics and personal life, which is a valuable lesson with which we each graduate. Another notable aspect is our school spirit. Like many of my peers, I am proud to have spent my undergraduate years wearing orange & blue and doing the Gator chomp. When I graduate, I will continue these traditions with the rest of our strong alumni network.

Katrina

The University of Florida is a fine establishment, and its reputation as Florida's best university is well-deserved. The campus culture is one of the aspects I love the most about attending school here. There's always something happening on campus, whether it be a rally, tailgate, or a heated intellectual conversation between two individuals in the middle of Turlington Plaza. Nowhere else in Florida will you find a university whose students are as politically-engaged, something I enjoyed as a Political Science student. If you try, anybody can find a niche of students at UF that share the same interests as you in extracurriculars. Intramural sports, clubs, SGA, youth groups, and greek life are just a few of the organizations that students get involved in. I personally was very involved with the Asian-American community on-campus, and it was the first time I had ever been able to be part of a community so large. This goes without saying, but academics are great. Every professor I've had is a distinguished professional in their field. That being said, I do believe that the university could make more of an effort to make certain things more accessible. On-campus is housing costs way more than its worth, and the same goes for the meal plan (though it is not mandatory). At the same time, students who live off-campus, which many do because it is much more cost-effective in terms of rent, have to pay a hefty parking decal fee to be able to park near the university. I say "near the university" because commuting students are only given one parking lot to park in, and it's so far away that you still need to catch the bus to get onto campus. Overall, I would not trade my experience at UF for the world, but the university does have its faults.

Justin

This is the school you go to if you want to receive an extremely high quality education, and where student life is not only about studying, but complete immersion of the college culture. Getting involved on campus, participating in sporting events, making friends, partying on the weekends, and professional development are all part of the package when you become a Florida Gator.

Alexis

Overall, the University of Florida is such a lively campus! Our student body is an eclectic group of students who are from a wide variety of countries. Academics is extremely important, however the campus provides plenty of resources for students to enjoy during their down time. Another key feature about UF's campus is how involved the faculty and staff are to ensure that every student leaves UF as successful as they could possibly be! I couldn't think of a more friendly, involved, and down to earth university President than UF's president, Kent Fuchs. Since the first day on UF's campus, I've considered this campus my home away from home. Go Gators!