University of Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Florida

Damari

What is greater than being a Gator? Absolutely nothing! Although UF is a difficult institution academically, the stress is most definitely worth it. Between the overall atmosphere found on, to the pride radiating off of the students and faculty, this school is amazing.

Hanah

If you enjoy being in a cozy, college town, this is the school for you! I personally did not fit in with this school becuase my major- International Studies with an East Asia track- it was very limited. Being in a public school was very inconvenient because the school does not offer much to help because they have so many other people in need of help as well. But the Gator spirit is real and alive!

Brenna

The University of Florida is a very large, very diverse campus. Not only are the academics pretty good, but the social scene is also booming and inviting. Be careful of some of the dining plans/housing in the beginning because what is offered by the University isn't aways the best in the long room. Partying does happen at this campus, but it is also not very hard to avoid if you need to. I love this campus and the people, and I would totally recommend it to all of my friends looking for a good, affordable school to attend!

Cristen

The University of Florida is very highly rated institution, but there are some shortcomings. The diversity in the school is lacking and as a student of color I feel as though the tone that is set through the administration and student government ignores the needs of those who feel underrepresented. I love my school, but the monopoly of student government by predominantly white greek life means for a campus that doesn't serve all.

amaka

Academically, the University of Florida is renowned for its prestige as one of the top private universities in the country. It also has a relatively diverse student population and has many opportunities for students to get involved and participate actively in the school. However, my main criticisms of the school are the relatively low quality of on-campus housing as well as the food.

Andrew

I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience during my time at UF. From the terrific time I had in my freshman dorm (Hume) to my trying, but rewarding, junior year when I served as President of Florida Players (the only entirely student-run theatre organization on campus), I've had a blast and a half.

Camryn

I honestly love the University of Florida. This has been my dream school since I was little. I love how nice and open the people are there. I am a freshman and the advisors and upperclassmen have always been willing to help me. The teachers are willing to make extra office hours if you're unable to make the usual ones. There are plenty of places to eat and shop near campus you do not need a car to get around. I love how close we are to everything.

Justin

I personally think that there is a great environment with a great education. Many people get involved in sports such as football and there are many opportunities to get involved. There is a sense of unity within this college and it feels very inviting.

Jamesha

I absolutely love going to the University of Florida. The professors and the staff care about the students and enjoy giving them an education at one of the most prestigious universities in the country. The college has a very clean and welcoming environment. There are tons of clubs and extra curricular activities for students t be apart of. The students truly are getting a quality education in any major. The best decision I ever made was to go to the University of Florida and I am proud to be a Florida Gator and future alumna.

Barbara

Overall, ever since I got into the University of Florida I have always felt welcomed and like I am part of a community who I cared for and who cares for me as well, wether it's other students or professors, I feel really comfortable here and I hope to stay here for graduate school.

peter

it good school to brings up ideas to build personal education life and sustainable growth and discipline. and the skill provided are really helpful for, an individual to life in the world of competence, we learn many things beyond to enable us become good jod creator

Bonnie

I am only a freshman, but my experience so far has been good. There are so many clubs and organizations for anybody and everybody. My professors have all been good and available when I need help. The TAs are definitely very helpful too. The workload can be tedious depending on classes, but as long as you can manage your time then you can still be active and have fun. I work part-time and still have time to keep up my grades. The campus is pretty and lots of nice outside areas to study or relax in. Overall, I love it here.

Joy

Though I thrived academically, I found it difficult to connect with people and find a community that I fit with. It's a great school with intelligent professors, rigorous study, and a beautiful campus that many might be able to call home, though I personally am not the fond of the school, and I am looking into the possibility of transferring.

Keilon

The college experience here is awesome and definitely one that any aspiring student should look forward to. There is plenty of resources and opportunities here to help you succeed in different areas as well. The food and housing options are decent as well.

Tina

First off, if you're a senior in high school searching for a smaller school with less ambiguity, don't apply to the University of Florida.

Kirsten

The University of Florida has something for everyone. The Gator Nation is everywhere in the country! I've even met proud Gators in Europe. There are hundreds of active clubs, and greek life is not wild or inappropriate. We value working hard and achieving in other ways besides academics, such as leadership or in internships and co-ops. In the engineering community in particular, the school feels small. I see the same faces every day and I've only been here for about a year. I found multiple organizations with the leadership, friendship and development that I was seeking. The campus is beautiful, the bus system is friendly and accessible for free, and I can't even begin to describe the community that the sporting events create.

When I came in to the University of Florida as a first year, I was really nervous. I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision, but the moment I walked around on campus during orientation, I knew I was in the right place. Everyone was so welcoming and truly believed it was great to be a Florida Gator. My RA was amazing, I made it to the football games, and I learned more about myself and about the subjects I am interested in than I thought I ever would. One of my biggest concerns was the size of the school, and I was worried it would be difficult to meet people or get involved, but there are so many different clubs and fairs that help you find clubs that match your interests. The professors are always willing to help, and there are a lot of resources available for students struggling in classes outside of office hours. Overall, it has been a great experience for me to fully discover what it means to be a Florida Gator and I am really looking forward to the years to come. I would recommend UF to anyone, because after all- it's great to be a Florida Gator!

I absolutely love it here. Coming to the University of Florida has been the best decision I have ever made. Their academic integrity is high and the organizations that are on this campus do amazing things. The thing I love most about this school is that we have a community sense on the campus. Every one of us is working towards that goal in our lives and we're all doing it together, for the gator good. We love our sports teams and everyone here is so nice when it comes down to the nitty gritty. We are all gators that really care for our community of Gainesville and will do anything to protect it and one another. I will forever be thankful for my acceptance letter to this beautiful place that I now call home. Go Gators!

Sofia

This university is the best in the state because of its post-educational opportunities and the quality of students who go here. I have met many bright people and there is never a boring day; classes here are tough. As far as professors go, I have had a pretty even mix of good and bad. Even if the instructor is bad however, you can usually find a great TA to better explain things you have trouble with. That being said, this school needs to improve its class size, I feel the school is too crowded at times, even the public transport is getting overwhelmed with the amount of students. Also a few buildings are really old looking and appear as if they have not been cleaned in a while. The staff is helpful if you discuss your problems in person, and the on-campus housing is affordable, but also needs to update facilities, especially restrooms.

Dania

Overall, the University of Florida is a great school academically. It is flourishing with academic resources and is nothing short of challenging. The campus is bursting with life and is extremely beautiful. My dilemma with the University of Florida is its inclusivity. There is not much representation of minorities on campus and there is usually racial tension and occurrences. racial incidents on campus include students riding around with Nazi arm bands, destruction of African American building signs, derogatory term degrading African Americans written on white boards and more. Even though this university has so much to offer academically, socially, and more, its inclusivity is very alarming.

Marlana

Upon admittance to the Gator Nation, your community becomes hundreds of thousands of people larger. Gators look out for one another and are committed to communal success. Gainesville can seem small but is actually a huge place with opportunities awaiting everyone if they simply open their eyes. Gators are motivated and striving for success everyday.

Goda

The University of Florida provides it's students with a beautiful, well-rounded campus with an extraordinary and diverse student body. I've been at the University of Florida for two years now, and I can consider Gainesville home. Although the environment is cozy enough, sometimes it feels as though the academics of the school make everything more difficult than what it should be. I know UF is known to be one of the best schools in FL, but sometimes, the classes are very difficult which can possibly discourage other students. It took me a while to realize what opportunities I have in front of me, and adjusting to the work ethic here at UF has been a struggle. If you're looking for a hard core party school, Gainesville nightlife is nothing but mediocre. It can get quite boring and over run, but I mean, IT'S GREAT, UF

Dennis

Fantastic school where anyone can come and learn at a high level. If partying is your science then this is the school for you, if it's not then this is also the school for you. Sports is a way of life and makes up a large part of our identity, a quality eduction makes up the rest.

wendy

Awesome

I am only a freshman but am loving every part of university life so far! It is easy to get around and the campus has everything I need. There are many things to do off campus. Other students are super helpful if I have any questions about classes, clubs, directions, etc. I am happy to call University of Florida HOME for the next 4 years. 'GO GATORS'

Maria

I really enjoy my University very much for several reasons! It has a lot of school spirit because of the variety of things to do. There are a variety of sports which people can choose from. There are over 50 clubs around campus that actively accept members every year. I am very happy here!

While the University of Florida is known for being a prestigious college, I feel as though it is overrated. I've had more online classes, and graduate student teachers then I had expected. The social scene is extremely cliquey ; if you're not greek, you're a geek. I feel as though I don't even need to be a residential student at the University of Florida due to the amount of online classes I have to take and the lack of community in Gainesville.

Parvina

I personally like the University of Florida a lot. I will say that the university can feel like a very large place if you don't have a lot of friends or are not very involved in organizations. My first year in college I was not very involved and i didn't know many people so I was lonely and the University felt huge. My second year I got way more involved and met a lot of people so I enjoy the school now. I am much happier now.

Marina

The University of Florida is the place to be. Everyone here is welcoming and full of spirit. There is something always going on with different events planned everyday. The people here are willing to help you and support you in whatever you choose to pursue. GO GATORS!

Nicolas

University of Florida is great. It's got great facilities, plenty of food choices (even for vegans), and a great transportation system. Some older buildings are being renovated and upgraded. Class sizes are getting a bit on the larger side, but professors are usually pretty good about holding office hours.

Brianna

I have a very positive opinion of the University of Florida. One of the best schools in the country. The academics are very high quality with perfect professors that are available all the time and super flexible. Also, extracurricular activities are plentiful and we're definitely a huge football school!

Kristina Joelle

The University of Florida is a well balanced college full of opportunities for everyone to get involved in something they feel passionate about. The education department has a variety of classes for all majors and the professors/TA's are almost always available either in person or via email. The campus itself is every safe and has many places for students to go if they were ever in a situation where they did not feel safe.

Julia

Great visit

One

The University of Florida is an amazing school filled with great opportunities. From academics to social life, the faculty and staff is dedicated to the success of its students. UF is one of the best research schools in Florida and even provides opportunities for undergraduate students to participate in research programs. The environment is pleasant and comfortable, even as a freshman viewing the school for the first time I felt right at home.

Vanessa

The University of Florida is amazing. It does not only facilitate an excellent learning environment, it also offers countless opportunities. There are always events going on, students are always very involved and driven, and teachers and faculty genuinely want to help you. I have never felt like a burden on anyone, in fact they not only welcome you but motivate you which is refreshing in such a competitive world. This school is amazing for so many reasons however what fascinates me is how this school made its' own world in a rural city. The University of Florida is Gainesville, its not how you would expect Gainesville contains the University of Florida. Also, the environment even outside of school is so nice and refreshing, even getting groceries you are asked about your day and if you need help. Back where I am from, Miami, that would never in a million years happen. I genuinely love it here and I am such a strong advocate for this amazing school and all the incredible opportunities it provides.

Jenna

Attending The University of Florida is by far the best decision I have ever made. The people here are so welcoming, and there are so many opportunities to get involved on campus. Whatever you are passionate about, there is a club for it. The professors are great, the coursework is a lot to handle, but you will leave the university with an education worth the money you spent. The worst part of UF is having to get in, once you are here, you will never look back. Go Gators! #top10publicuniversity

Amna

It's a great university with great opportunities for academics, sports, research, and internships. I'm going into my third year and can't wait to see what else I can join and gain from Florida's top university. Overall, the school is one of the best in the South, with a very diverse population.

Tiffany

The University of Florida has always been my dream school and it's still my dream school now. I got accepted as a freshman, which is incredible because UF is ranked in the Top 10 schools in the country. UF is incredible and everyone makes you feel welcome.

Katherine

I can honestly say I love attending the University of Florida. The academics are stellar and all my professors are genuinely helpful. There is an abundance of extracurricular activities to participate in and the campus is beautiful. All the facilities, including the libraries, are beneficial.

UF is a great school in relation to both academics and athletics. The teachers are very accessible and pretty good, there is also a lot of outside material to help you succeed in your classes. We are now a top 10 public university BECAUSE OF ACADEMICS and NOT because of athletics. My main issue with UF is that they give a ridiculous amount of money to student athletes (uniforms, shoes, gator gear, stipend, scholarships, etc) and give a rats ass about their actual students. Few scholarships are given to smart, deserving students. They also like to kick students off campus parking and move them obscenely far away when games/large functions go on (even though I pay about 160 a year to park in the same place they are now telling me I can't park in)/ UF nickels and dimes everything you do and seems money hungry so that they can give their athletes everything (our food in the dining center is sub par yet I've seem them take crab legs into the athletes' separate dining center). Other than that, the night life and surrounding area is pretty cool, there's a lot to entertain yourself with. Additionally the on-campus housing isn't half bad.

Kelcey

The University of Florida is a ginormous institution with a culturally diverse group of students, faculty, and staff. I love the school because of its pride and tradition that it carries whether its through the sports and extracurricular activities, or through its outstanding academics and research. The campus is very clean and structurally beautiful and many people here are friendly so you always feel a sense of home even if you live far away from your hometown.

Meagan

The University of Florida has a beautiful campus. When I visited, I met many very helpful people who were happy to answer any questions I had. This school has many sports and I feel like I can meet many wonderful like-minded people at the multitude of clubs and sports that it has to offer. I was also very impressed by the courses offered at the school.

Victoria

My overall opinion of the University of Florida is that I could not have picked a better school to go to. I absolutely love it here! The environment foster personal and intellectual growth while also allowing time to enjoy the college years. This school is truly one of the best schools in the south!

Morgan

I have been a student at the University of Florida for three years now and I love every minute of it! The application process was rigorous, as expected from a top college, but even with accidentally submitting the housing application late I was still reached out to. I stood out enough as-as good student that I was offered a program where I took the first 60 hours online, then finished up online. For my major, it was difficult but definitely doable. The staff remained inclusive with off-campus people and communication was excellent.

Chalise

The University of Florida presents as many opportunities as it does challenges. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved, infamous "weed out classes", and professors who (for the most part) care and are passionate about what they do. Sometimes the large student body can be overwhelming but I have found that joining clubs and making friends makes the campus smaller. This is definitely a University that raises the bar.

Danny

It’s a great school but it’s not the amazing, great bang for your buck thought. The teachers are good and are usually available and most of the time the class sizes are pretty good unless you take gen ed classes for a stem class then they are awful and in gigantic auditoriums.

To be honest, I love my university because of the type of education that I am receiving - I feel both challenged and inspired every day by my professors and teaching assistants and feel like all of the extra academic resources have been helping me succeed in my classes. I love UF because of the relationships I've made here - these friends have become my family away from home.

Sajel

The University of Florida is a huge school full of diversity. Local and international students alike have the opportunity to come together and learn from one another. Because the campus is so big, it can be a bit tricky navigating the ins and outs of everyday life and expectations. However, once you figure it out, there are endless opportunities at your fingertips should you choose to seek them out. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else and I'm proud to be a Florida Gator!

Elettlia

I believe University of Florida is a great school to attend. That it has it's racial bias and profiling but that's really any school. I also belive that any college campus has it's different set of groups and it takes you to find them. As in being a visitor to the school I believe the campus is nice and big that I would enjoy the time when I get to attend the school in two years. I would be happy to believe to brighten my experience at University of Florida.

Cristina

I love the University of Florida. Although the classes can be tough sometimes, the professors are amazing, and they are supportive of a student's goals. I enjoy that there is an extracurricular activity for everyone on campus. My favorite part about UF is definitely the campus itself. It's nice and large, but there's plenty of nature to help keep me at peace during times of stress.