University of Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Florida

Giancarlo

It is an intense atmosphere yet enjoyable with a challenging curriculum for each major, a different event happening at least 4 times a week, and a friendly environment. This University is not in the top 50 universities in the U.S. for nothing. Just talking about one's field in study inside the classroom is not enough. It requires going to the library and preparing for the next lecture, asking your friends questions about specific topics in a certain subject such as comparing the works of Handel to Mozart and the similarities and differences between them. Every student, professor, and staff member are top notch especially in the financial aid department where they have students and calls coming in 24/7 and still manage to hold down the fort in an immaculate manner. UF is the school to attend if a scholar wants to soar above new heights in their field of study including music, business, and engineering.

Whitney

The administration needs to take on campus racism, Islamophobia, anti-antisemitism, xenophobia, sexism, etc. more seriously, and not just address it at a town hall filled with people who want to be there and not enough who NEED to be there. Systemic change needs to happen to address system oppression.

Allyson

The University of Florida was my dream school and I am so glad to be a student here. My mom went to UF and started bringing me to Saturday football when I was just eight years old. I loved the atmosphere created by 90,000 people in orange and blue. I knew I wanted to be a part of the Gator Nation. Over the next ten years, I went to many more football games. I learned to cheer for the basketball and baseball teams. I booed our rivals, sang the third quarter break song with pride, and wore Gator t-shirts everywhere. Now as a proud Gator myself, I've learned to love the campus in different ways than I did when I was little. Instead of just loving sports, I love the campus itself. The North Lawn in the late Fall has become special because that's where my friends and I throw the frisbee around. I feel at home walking in between the dorms where my friends and I lived in our first year. I also have come to appreciate just how high the quality of education is at UF. It was named a top ten public university two years ago, and the ranking is reflected in how much I've learned this year in the classroom. I found a niche in the University Honors Program, where I have studied topics I never thought could be cultivated into a sixteen week. Since starting school in Fall 2018, I have learned what makes UF so great beyond the sports field. But even though my perspective has changed from hopeful attendee to rising second year student, I still get that familiar adrenaline rush as I walk past that orange and blue clad stadium.

Gary

I absolutely love the University of Florida! We are currently ranked number seven in public universities in the United States. The University of Florida encourages us to partake in extracurricular activities and internships as much as possible. This wonderful school gives students the opportunity to have one of the best educations in the US and they allow us to expand our networking with people all across the world.

Isabella

I enjoy the University of Florida's balance between academics, social events, and sporting events. I believe that attending the university was a solid decision and I am enjoying it. In addition, I feel well prepared for life after college. The university provides students with networking opportunities, service learning, and career development.

Corey

My overall opinion of the school is that although there is much that can be improved, it is the college experience I need. I actually consider it as a second home now because I am around the people I know and am receiving a quality education. One thing I find quite annoying is how much harder they make their classes for no apparent reason compared to other universities. One thing they do right is ensure student involvement is existent on campus and make transitioning from high school to college easy in a social aspect.

Kaitlin

There's a lot that could be improved, especially within the arts or design related majors and colleges, as it feels like the stem fields get the majority of the attention and funding opportunities, but as a whole I enjoy going to school here and I think it was a good decision to attend. The costs are a bit higher than ideal though.

Brookelyn

The University of Florida is such a great school! There are so many different ways to get involved whether it be with sports, arts, hobbies, beliefs, political views, majors, etc. With over hundreds of different clubs it's so easy to find something you'll love. Even sports wise, we have university teams for the professionals, club teams for the those who like to be competitive, and intramural for those who just want to have fun. This is just a small representation of the university as a whole and the many ways to get involved and meet so many new people with varying interests.

cacheldia

That university florida check a lot of things in my bucket list that I may even apply to go there it's a extremely great university to consider to go there and a lot of opportunities to get accepting there if you work hard during your high school year.

It is a great school full of opportunities! There are many different activities that students of all ages and all backgrounds can be apart of. The professors are very understanding of student athletes and are able to accommodate to their schedules. They are very understanding of their busy schedules and want to help them succeed.

The University of Florida is an excellent college. Professors at UF are very understanding and do a great job teaching their students. The University provides many opportunities for extracurriculars and it is relatively easy to "get involved". UF administration and advising could be better.

Maria

The University of Florida is truly an amazing school of academics. Our school is recognized by a large number of institutions for it's renowned work in the medical sciences and engineering. I truly feel like I am receiving a quality education and I am proud to get my degree from here. With that being said, the University of Florida has very low ranking for its racial equity. As a current student I can confirm that it appears that diversity and racial equity is not a top priority at this school with the low numbers of minority representation. Because our school has such a dense student population, there is truly a place for everyone to feel included in terms of student organizations. Overall, it is a great academic institution that has ways to go to improve diversity and inclusion.

Nyasia

I really believe that the school is a great school and that great people and students are produced at the school when it comes to shaping people and learning. As potential student who wants to go to the school i have did my research to find out that the school is very big on academics and that the students who attend the school are very friendly and work together.

Amazing. So glad to be a Gator!!! The opportunities this university has afforded me has been so awesome. The professors all have extensive backgrounds and are experts in their fields almost above and beyond what you can imagine. Being enrolled in the University College of Fine Arts offers a very diverse student body, extensive classroom opportunities to dig deeper into your own interests and then move in to graduate school well prepared. I have nothing but good things to say about U of Florida!!

Guriel

The University of Florida is a place where you can be yourself and not be judged. It could be better in some ways, but anything can be better. UF is growing and becoming a powerful public school that is looking to become more diverse and inclusive. We are STEM strong, but leave time for the arts and classics as well.

Steven

Great school. I have enjoyed my experience at UF and look forward to graduating as a gator! The classes are very insightful and provide for a well-rounded and holistic understanding of the major. My minor study, in communications, was also very informative. Overall, I learned a great deal about many topics at UF and consider the experience to be a success.

Trecia

Great University

Lena

The University of Florida creates a fun and hard working enviornment to help students thrive. The various clubs, activities, sports teams University of Florida offers helps keep balance in one's life so that school does not take over. I am so glad I chose UF.

Gaven

The university of Florida is a very large school with a diverse student population, it may seem to be intimidating with all of its fancy stats but, dont be alarmed its quite underwhelming. I think the school did a great job with its incoming freshmen and held multiple events trying to integrate the new students. The student housing is very hit or miss, depending on the dorms you are given. I didn't have a meal plan but I heard it was very boring and not very healthy. There are multiple libraries on campus with very accommodating hours to college student hours. In conclusion I give UF a solid 7/10

Jade

Faculty are absolutely amazing. There is great scholarship being done in just about every discipline and department, and our museums are great. That is maybe my only positive comment about UF. Campus atmosphere is centered around Greek life, sports, and little else. Political activity seems to be skewing to the right, and anti-choice activists on campus far too often. Dining choices are abysmal except for the Krishna lunch served daily.

Pam

Attending the University of Florida was the greatest decision I ever made. UF is nestled in the city of Gainesville which has become a college town and is known for their sports teams. Everyone is friendly and with such a large student body, people are bound to find others with their same interests. The curriculum at UF has gotten tougher over the years, but with a strong support system and a good study plan, its definitely doable. The best years of my life were spent at the UF!

christine

Simply put, I bleed orange and blue. I live for the environment and the atmosphere of the Florida Gators. The football games are amazing and the academics are hard but doable. However, there are some complaints to be made about the construction of on and off campus, among other unaccessible things that should be put into place. I love UF but would love it even more if there were some things that were different.

University of Florida has an amazing atomosphere for the students and makes me feel at home. It provides us with great academic and extracurricular opportunities. We complete projects for the world around us and come together to fight for what we believe in. I would not have chosen a better school to have attended.

Courtney

Your college experience will mainly depend on how you decide to take on UF. If you get actively involved in your passions and hobbies, you will get a great experience out of it. If you sit and expect opportunities to come to you, you may not enjoy it as much.

Dalaiah

The University of Florida is a prestigious institution of higher learning. They are leaders in innovation. University of Florida is one of the only colleges that offers a Bachelor of Science degree that is accessible to students who live remotely-the degree can be obtained online for those who have completed the required prerequisite coursework on campus-even at another institution. This program is crucial for those who can no longer attend school full-time but desire to complete their coursework in a science field. The program supports and requires 2 on-campus labs that are concentrated and condensed into 5 days of experiments. This allows those students, such as myself, the opportunity to complete the lab by taking a few days off from work (since the lab actually starts on a Saturday and ends on a Wednesday) and still manage my responsibilities. There are few, if any, other colleges offering such a life-changing program like the University of Florida. The University has great school spirit, produces some of the most successful and most qualified professionals, and has some of the highest-ranked colleges; like the college of pharmacy. The University of Florida is allowing me and countless others-who are no longer traditional students, have full-time jobs, children, and who would not be able to attend school in person- a chance to realize and achieve their academic aspirations. The online program offers flexibility, requires academic honesty through proctored exams, flexibility of scheduling, and great quality of education. There is no place like the University of Florida. Go Gators!

Mackenzie

I believe our time in college is what we make it. Personally, I found my niche at UF. I was able to combine my passion for conservation with my desire to pursue veterinary medicine. I made close friends and established bonds with my professors. I was given the opportunity to establish a student chapter of the National Audubon Society and to travel to Australia to study their conservation issues. This university truly allows students to craft unique educational and extracurricular experiences. It’s why I’ve chosen to become a double Gator and attend vet school here in the Fall!

Jenielle

The University of Florida is a great college that offers various opportunities for students to get involved and study a major that truly interests them and makes a positive effect of the community. UF is welcoming to all, regardless of race, gender, income level, or political affiliations. Students are able to thrive and find others with common interests.

I enjoy learning and experiencing new things at the University of Florida. The University of Florida has allowed me to meet new people and get to be involved in different things. The professors have been great and teaching in an exciting fashion. I like my class size and the group projects.

Michelle

The University of Florida is constantly commended for the undeniable academic reach it has and networking opportunities provided (mostly in greeks and the health field). However, it lacks diversity in the support and resources available for certain focuses in particular areas (arts, entertainment, activism, etc). The campus does have commendable safety measures, like SNAP and the emergency buttons provided almost all over campus (except Frat Row). However, due to the lack of staffing in certain facilities offered to students, workers are often overextended and underpaid - to the point that it loses some of its efficiency. Also, parking is very difficult.

Delaney

I love the University of Florida, and there is no other place I would rather go to school. The campus is beautiful and the students are all so friendly. The staff within my college are all so helpful and really want to see me reach my full potential. Everything about UF makes the campus seem less like a school, and more like a home.

Gabriella

What I love the most about the University of Florida are the amazing opportunities it offers to its students through out the entire academic year. A combination of high quality education and the opportunity to apply that theory in out-real-world work before graduating.

Jimena

The University of Florida is honestly a great school. You get a wonderful education while living such an intense school pride. Everyone walks around enjoying their day and striking up a conversation with a complete stranger over some trivial thing is a lot of fun. We just reached the 8th spot of best public schools of the nation, so receiving a top notch education would be a definite if you go here. After all, it's great to be a Florida Gator!

Cheyenne

The University of Florida is located in Gainesville, FL. My first impression was "Wow, this place is huge!" As I toured areas off campus, I thought "Ok, there's not much to do off campus that's relatively close." I've attended this school since July 2018, and my impressions still stand. It's relatively easy to get involved, as there's a desk one can go to if they need assistance in finding information about clubs or teams. The teachers are like teachers at any other university, some much better than others. As for class size, although some classes are large (100+ students), all the professors all hold office hours, and I often find the T.A.s more helpful than the professors themselves. There are research opportunities, most of them go to upperclassmen; however, I do know a few freshmen involved in research...with that said, anyone can get involved in research if they just keep searching. Gainesville is a scooter town. Most kids who have cars rarely use them, simply because the buses are so efficient during the weekdays. If I had to choose, scooters are the better option, and not just because they're gas efficient. Parking for them is annoying though, due to the hundreds of scooters located on campus. The dorms are overpriced in my opinion, but they are also cheaper than living off campus, so I'll take what I can get. All dorms have bus stops right outside, so you never have an excuse as for why you were late for class, unless you just missed the bus due to oversleeping. Outside of UF is the reason why I rate my school four out of five stars. There's not much for a person without a car to do off campus on the weekends besides go to clubs, parties, or the mall. There is a movie theater and a few restaurants which isn't too far by bus, you just have to remember that buses stop running at a certain time, so you can't let your movie run too long! I'm sure during the weekday, some may find more off-campus activities available, as the bus availability is more. Overall, if you want to study at a place that's high in nightlife, but also strong in academics and extracurricular involvement, then UF is the school for you! Go Gators!

Sydney

It is a fun school with really great academic - it is the best of both worlds! Game day are super fun especially when the Gators win, but tailgates never disappoint. School is very important to the students and faculty at the University of Florida! Academics are taken seriously and the students work really hard!

AMELIA

University of Florida is a great school. I always feel safe on campus and I feel like this is where I belong. If I ever need academic help, I know where I can go and know that I will get reliable and trustworthy care. The professors are passionate about their classes and give many opportunities for experiences outside of the classroom.

Kendra

The University of Florida provides a really welcoming environment, so it's easy to adjust to. People are extremely friendly and the staff is really supportive of the students. Any question or concern is handled with so much care that you don't have to stress about it for too long before its resolved.

Thomas

Really enjoyed my time at the University of Florida and definitely encourage others to go. The city of Gainesville is growing rapidly and there are more and more opportunities for jobs and better housing options. Even if you are not super big into sports, there is plenty going on to do.

Julia

I am not currently enrolled in the University of Florida, but it is the college that I hope to go to next year. When I visited the campus, I was super impressed with the variety of student activities that the university offers and how academically focused most of the students are. I'm really looking forward to potentially going there next semester.

Alaina

The Gainsville University of Florida area is a composite of artistic, dedicated, diverse, defined intellectuals in the pursuit of higher education. The students are fueled by their own level of determination, collaboration, teamwork, and free-spirit collectively adding to the student environment at all levels from Freshman to Senior. The classroom environment is actively engaging and inclusive to the students so they feel both heard and understood by peers and their professors. The professors I have had have been willing to work with their students in the event something unfortunate arises. One student had their sibling pass away at the beginning of the semester and the professor was able to assist the student with acceptance of late work in order for the untimely circumstances to prevent the student from continuing on their curriculum plan with the rest of the class. The University of Florida has exceptional rates for in-state students and exceeded my initial expectations of academic work and professionalism when I first applied. I am both pleased and proud to be graduating as a 2020 Gator with the University of Florida. I am honored to have been a part of this University and grateful for the opportunities and wealth of education provided to me during my time at the University of Florida. Go Gators!

Baily

I believe that the University of Florida is a great opportunity for any student who wishes to advance their academic career while also wishing to have a safe and comforting environment to study in. UF gave me very homy vibes when I attended there and it seems like a nice place to continue your education.

naomi

i feel like university of florida is a really great school. Ajggijghfgffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

I used to believe that there was no such thing as the perfect college; but this was before I attended the University of Florida. There is nothing like going to a nationally ranked school in both football and academics. Imagine tailgating on a Saturday in fall and spending Sunday at the Marston library cramming for an Organic Chemistry exam. It is difficult, but so worth it. When you walk across that stage after the four years is up, the only thing you'll be thinking is "How did it end so soon?" I am so proud to call myself a Florida Gator, as is everyone else that attends this magnificent school!

Angela

My overall opinion is that the University of Florida has a great atmosphere for both learning and having fun. There are intellectual conversations both inside and outside of class but that doesn’t hinder social events, outings, and being able to make memories with others.

UF is a great school to attend. There is a lot to do, many clubs to get involved in , and the academics are amazing. They offer on and off campus housing, and parking has never been an issue for me. People use scooters or bicycles, and there are busses that run everywhere.

Diana

The University of Florida is a top public school and the top public school in Florida. It's beautiful campus and ranking will have anyone falling in love. It's rigorous and expanse courses will entertain any student, as there are courses for just about any interest. Living-expenses are relatively low and there are plenty of outdoor activities to do on the weekend, such as visiting the springs around the area or Paine's Prairie. Greek life is big on campus, but not at all necessary to take part in extracurricular and a social life. However, beware of large class sizes, especially with large career-paths, such as pre-medicine. After all, this is a large school. Additionally, it's small-town vibe is nice in the beginning, but you'll hear time and time again about upperclassmen needing to move to a larger city with a decent airport.

sydney

The University of Florida is honestly a great school to attend. In the past two years that I have been a student at UF, I have felt nothing but kindness and support from my surrounding peers as well as my professors and other faculty members. Although classes may be pretty challenging at times, everyone at UF wants you to succeed and pushes you to do so. The majority of libraries across campus are open for 24 hours, allowing for students to complete work or study at whatever time of the day or night that they desire, professors hold multiple different office hours throughout the week to accommodate to all students’ schedules, and there are multiple facilities located across campus, such as U Matter We Care and the Counseling and Wellness Center, that offer different resources for students that can help them with transitioning into college life and much more. Needless to say, the University of Florida is an all around fantastic school that can greatly benefit and prepare you for the rest of your life.

Jenica

I LOVED IT!!!!, Everyone is so nice and helpful. I loved every minute of my tour and I talked to a lot of people. They were all so helpful and nice and I really want to go to there. The political activism seems really cool and I want to be a part of it.

Darius

I love this college. I am so glad that I am getting to go to. I get to balance my schedule out so that I can learn, socialize, and work. I have so much time that, I don't have to miss out on my friends, my girl nor my family. Its a pleasant college, nice atmosphere and great energy being placed around the college gives off good vibes I would say.

Omika

I do not attend the school but I feel like it is a great university to get into.