University of Florida Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Florida

brenna

It's great to be a Florida gator. I've never felt so blessed to be accepted somewhere and to walk around on campus. I learn new things everyday, not only from my professors, but from my friends. If you get in to UF, you'd be making a mistake to not attend.

Dylan

Advisers are terrible, all administrations are hard to access and working with them is nearly impossible. Dorms are terrible. Food is even worse. Most of the professors I have had were awful. The social life is absolute garbage and the most enjoyable days I have there are the ones I am leaving.

Elexa

The University of Florida caters perfectly to college students. The academics are interesting and difficult, but the majority of teachers are very helpful and compassionate. There are hundreds of extracurricular clubs and activities to participate in and any one that attends will be able to find something they like. Not to mention the entirety of Gainesville is geared towards college students so there are multiple student discounts, drink specials, food coupon books, etc. at almost every shop and restaurant you go to. I truly believe I had a balanced and fun college experience because of UF and the environment it provides.

Carolyn

The University of Florida is in the top 10 public universities for a reason. They have a 2:1 faculty to student ratio so there's no reason for anyone to not get the help they require. The university has upwards of a thousand clubs and organizations for their students to join at their leisure so the opportunity to get involved on campus is left wide open. Nobody can say that they couldn't find their niche at UF. There's literally something for everyone. My only criticism is that there's not a lot of parking on campus so most students either end up walking to class or riding a bus/bike (which quite frankly is better for the environment anyway so I'm not complaining).

A great school for aspiring people to obtain their degrees for the next steps in their lives. From my experience, the unity and dynamics of the entire school provoked a community identity for the gators that makes all students bleed orange and blue and die a gator.

Top 7th University in the US! Great academics but large lecture classes do not help students to be successful. Many classes are weed out classes to encourage students to fail and have less majors in that area. Main teachers are not very accessible. They do not give out many scholarships.

Lydia

The University of Florida has many opportunities on and off campus. From just my one year of being there, I have met a variety of striking individuals that have allowed my transition from high school to college to be smooth. Being a bing sports person, it is great to be at a school that appreciates a sports cultural and that has a very enthusiastic and school-spirited student body. Along with that, all of my professors thus far have been extremely helpful to my success.

Alaina

The University of Florida is an extraordinary school that offers students a lot of opportunities to get involved in sports, hobbies, and academic endeavors. While the majority of the faculty and staff are very sensitive and responsive to students needs, I have come in contact with others who place the university's rigor above students success and well-being.

The University of Florida is a remarkable school. It prioritizes inclusion, and welcomes people through various organizations, such as recreational sports, Greek life, and a multitude of multicultural clubs. Everyone feels great school pride going to sporting events, whether our team wins or not. The university strives for academic excellence and has countless resources to help you get there. I know many students who spend more time in a library than their dorms and they love it. With the city of Gainesville surrounding it, there's always so many new activities to go do with the friends you make in your classes. My only gripe might have to be the lack of student parking on and near campus.

Despite the coronavirus, I am a graduating senior at the University of Florida. Over the last four years, I earned my bachelor’s degree as well as discovered that I am a student of life which means that I’ll never stop learning. Under the tutelage of esteemed faculty, my passion for the written word and appreciation of its power sparked my interest in publishing. During my undergraduate career, resume-building jobs and internships were available to me because of my UF education. As a tutor and writing lab facilitator for the University Athletic Association, I practiced my copy editing skills. While interning at Nemours’ Children’s Hospital, I wrote on-brand articles about company-wide activities, awards, events and initiatives. Marybeth’s Cottage, a multi-million dollar hospitality house, hired me to create their fundraising brochure’s copy. All of the aforementioned experiences wouldn’t have been possible without the University of Florida. Their reputation as a top ten, public university is truly facilitated by their staff and experienced by their students. Even though I’ll soon start pursuing my MA in publishing at Emerson College, I will always be a proud Gator. Furthermore, I crossed paths with my dearest friends and future husband at UF. Even after a semester is over, I still spend time with my classmates. I joined a non-traditional sorority, Theta Alpha, and have benefited from the organization's encouraging community. College is a formative experience, and your relationships definitely influence the personal transformations undergone therein. In fact, I don’t think that my high school self would even recognize me now. Regarding the city of Gainesville, I absolutely adore the local restaurants, weekly farmer's markets and green spaces such as Depot Park. The RTS bus system allows me to get anywhere in the city and I ride free as a student. That being said, I can generally walk wherever I need to go and enjoy the beautiful, Florida weather as I do. Ultimately, where you choose to spend your undergraduate years is literally a life-altering decision. I am thankful that I chose UF and would recommend it to anyone!

Kendall

Overall, I love UF and everything within it. It's very easy to become accumulated and everyone is truly friendly and there's not a day that goes by where I don't look around think to myself that I've made the best decision of my life. You will not want to leave once you have started and it feels like home.

Julia

I really like how the classes are of good size and the professors are readily available. There are plenty of opportunities on campus with over a thousand student organizations to become involved. I am looking forward to exploring the different intramural sports the University of Florida has to offer,

Kelia

I really love the University of Florida it is not a perfect school but it is a perfect fit for me.

Javas

It's a good school, there is a lot of crowd management in terms of the professors grading styles and interactions with students. You have to go out of your way to get help and you have to navigate yourself, but I guess that's the point of school. Can be unsurvivable if you're not a go-getter.

Zhane

The University of Florida is a great place to learn, a nice place to party, and an awesome sports school. The Black Culture here may be small in size, it it is not small in heart. We stick together and show the world that we are competitive and we are ready for any challenges. No challenge is too great to overcome.