University of Georgia Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

The dorm here at the University of Georgia are really great. Some of the dorms have smaller rooms, which is tough, but others have plenty of space. It is occasionally really hard to live in such tight spaces with so many people, but there are always the Miller Learning Center study rooms that provide a nice break and keep your dorm room a nice home to come back to for some fun with friends!

The dorms are the traditional dorm experience. If you want to live like a traditional college student and receive that experience that your elders have then I would definitely recommend living in one of the high rises. It is a lot of fun and you make a lot of friends living in the dorms. There is also a maid service so the dorms stay clean. In some of them you don't get to control your own air so that can be a downside but it is very easy to get used to and it is college!

Wendell

Being a former Resident Assistant, I will first say, the word "dorm" is inaccurate haha. We have residence halls on campus. I bet you're asking, "What's the difference?" Welllll...a dorm is simply where you come home to sleep and perform personal functions (so, in reality, your bedroom in your residence hall can be considered a dorm). A residence hall is a facility where a group of people build and maintain community. Living on campus is something that I will never regret doing. You will meet your lifelong friends here. You will find out your true self. You will learn how to cope and deal with certain situations both good and bad. In each residence hall, there is a Resident Assistant that is signed to specific halls. Your RA is responsible for creating programs, bulletin boards (passive programming), and team builders to get to know his/her floor, and most importantly, you. You are the first priority in the residence halls on campus. We are here to provide you with a safe, affordable, and comfortable environment while you reside on the University of Georgia campus.

While many of the dorms are pretty old in construction, they are huge and really offer an excellent social scene for freshman year. The new dorms are all located on East Campus, but new isn't always better. Aim for the classics like Russell Hall and Oglethorpe Hall to get the best freshman experience and social upbringing.

Alpha Gamma Delta may have a ghost living in the attic....