University of Georgia Top Questions

Tell us about your professors.

Wendell

Before I continue this answer, I'd like to say one thing: Professors are people too. Please remember that as you come to college. One great thing about the professors at UGA, is that they're usually very personable. I have only met one professor that I have not become friends with (that would be my Swahili professor). Be sure to speak with your professors outside of class. They don't have office hours just so they can sit in silence ya know? I'm in the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communications, so you would think all of my professors would be old guys who love smoking and can't stop talking about CNN. Well, that's only part of them haha. These professors have a side to them that you have access to, but you have to take advantage of them (in a good way). My professors always love when a student comes to them with questions about their future. So I always ask questions like that. Works every time. One thing that I did before I even applied to the University of Georgia, was email a Journalism professor in Grady. I didn't know who I was talking to, didn't know if he was a 'big shot,' nothing. I just emailed him with several questions. And he sent back several answers and more. He even set up a time and place for us to meet up! This professor turned out to be one of my best friends in my college career. So, long story short: GET TO KNOW YOUR PROFESSORS.