University of Georgia Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Ha

Party school - all we do is drink and not study. Greek life is the ONLY life.

Jordan

That we are all uneducated hicks that couldn't get in anywhere else.

Staci

We are all "clones" of one another, we don't take our classes seriously, and are only here to party.

Tara

Some people believe that Georgia students are all about the weekends, which is not exactly accurate. We have a broad and diverse student body who achieve much in the classroom, community, and in sports. We work hard for our grades and reward ourselves with fun nights on the town. Believe me, there is a lot to do in downtown Athens. So much that you should plan on spending a 5th year here.

Hannah

Well, I think a pretty common stereotype about UGA students is that for the most part we're all your typical southern ladies and gentleman... the perfect balance of partying, studying, and tailgating.

everyone is an alcoholic

mary ellen

Rich frat boys/ sorority girls

Alex

extremely caucasian very greek

Sam

UGA is all about Greek Life, if you are not Greek affiliated then you will not fit in. All people do at UGA is party.

Morgan

People probably assume that if you go to UGA you are always downtown and always drinking.

Evan

Very fratty.

Anil

It's a white school, southern school, Party crowd.

Andy

Classes are easy and it's a party school

Alex

There is a lot of alcohol and people party a lot. School really isn't that hard at UGA. Also, UGA is only a bunch of spoiled fratties and sorority chicks.

Katherine

I didn't really know any when I came in. Being out-of-state, I guess I thought everyone was going to be from Georgia, and I was scared I wouldn't make any friends.

Lucy

Half are frat stars and half are hippies. Many are both.

UGA is full of sorority and fraternity rednecks who are going into agriculture fields.

Sara

UGA is always ranked as one of the top party schools, which I think is funny because I've been to plenty of schools that seem just as crazy as Athens - Athens just has more places to go! While the nightlife is amazing and there are 70 plus bars, there are definitely lots of people who find other things to do. There are tons of activities that don't involve drinking, and even some cool famous music venues downtown where drinking isn't a necessity.

Carson

That we are rich country bumpkins.

I have heard a lot of people that do not attend uga say that everyone that goes here where colared shirts and polos. I gues some people might think of it as a school with a lot of preppy people.

Sara

One of the biggest stereotypes about UGA is that it is a party school. Many people think that all UGA students only care about partying and football. I think that it is seen by many as a school that second-rate stucents attend.

Cat

That the girls are some of the hottest in the South.

Karen

We are known as a big football and party school, and there are a lot of jokes about UGA students not being the sharpest tool in the shed

Addi

-Party school where no one studies -There is a big division between Greeks and non-Greeks

Bernie

The majority of guys are hard core fratties who wear super short shorts and whatever the "in" brand polo is -Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, etc. They can often be seen sporting their croakies as freshmen pledges transport them from class to class. Girls are always perfectly attired with full makeup and hair. Pearls, giant "fly" sunglasses, and the side swept bang are the necessary accesories.

Meggan

That the Greek life people are all the same in terms of social life and style & generally not very smart. Art kids are pretty similar to "scad rads" always trying to be different and "artsy." We party.

Melanie

for me the biggest stereotype that my high school had was that it was like going to high school again because so many people from my high school go to georgia. I'm sure that this is the same for other state schools.

Sheryl

UGA is 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} Greek Based Sorority/Fraternity Stereotypes Southern stereotypes Party School stereotypes

Ian

Everyone's a fratboy or sorostitute; easy to make grades; everyone's a drunk

Davis

that they are smart and all fraternity guys are pathetic drunks

Robin

UGA can be known as a party school and the students having a lot of daddy's money.

Lindsay

Rich, Live of Daddy's money, drink a lot, care only about sports and not athletics

Maggie

Conservative, Southern, closed-minded, "same as high school"

Tori

That we party... A LOT, that we don't go to class, that the professors are not academically rigorous,and that the campus is very very conservative

Wendy

Everybody is only interested in two things at UGA: drinking and hooking up. A good majority of the students are from the South; thus, we are all uneducated rednecks. If you're not into Greek life, you're not included in anything. Also, sports are taken more seriously than academics.

Hunter

The stereotypes are abundant: rich, preppy, lazy, Greek-life, alcoholics, drug-users, carefree. Most students don't care about their academics and mostly just enjoy having a good time drinking or just doing nothing. Most students are also Christian and Republican.

Jonathan

Some stereotypes might pin UGA students as really southern, all the same, or in a fraternity. Also, they have the reputation of knowing how to party pretty well.

Bobby

That the college is getting increasingly harder to get into..That UGA students love to party

Erin

Almost everyone is from Georgia and they're all southern hicks. The Greek community is not very smart as a general rule.

Candler

UGA is a party school and its students care more about drinking than grades.

Mary

Huge partier students and easy classes

There are stereotypes of South Georgians, Atlanta kids, Greeks, athletes, and local students. Of course all of UGA is stereotyped as a bunch of country bumpkins from the South. In addition, UGA's students are stereotyped as huge partiers and the school is thought to be football-crazed.