University of Georgia Top Questions

Because the school is so big and diverse, a person who can't adapt relativelt easy will have a hard time enjoying themselves. You see so many students all the time and you can't let your social life and what people think of you get in the way of academics. A person who is easily distracted should not attend.

If you do not like large groups of people or large classrooms, this isn't the place for you. The University of Georgia has large classes but once you get into your major classes they become much smaller and more intimate with the professor.

UGA is know for many things, but I would say it is most known for its collective school spirit. The way this is best shown is at football games. There are so many important traditions that every student from every race, religion, and major take part in. It truly feels like you are a part of a great big family at UGA, especially when we all put our differences aside and cheer for the bulldogs on Saturdays!

Probably not the right school for someone who wants a smaller and more personalized experience, especially for a liberal arts degree. Also not a great school for engineering.

You shouldn't attend this school if you are not ready to work hard. At the University of Georgia, we are known for working hard but knowing how to celebrate afterwards. The students here are very school spirited, happy, excited, and ready to continue their education. So if you do not fit into being a happy, school-spirited, ready to work category, then you would not enjoy the University of Georgia.

A person that does not want to work hard. At UGA it is important that a student is willing to study and attend class as well as participate in class.

If there is any person who should not attend UGA, it is a student who is unmotivated. The campus is so full of activities, and there is such a wide variety of classes and majors that being bored should not be an option.

Audrey

I would say that someone is who not easily able to go out and meet people would probably not thrive at this school.

Danette

A person that likes to be in small places and a person who is not sociable should not attend this school.

A person that thinks they will breeze through school partying and socializing. The kind of person that lives for the moment and not the future. The University of Georgia is a school with a wonderful name and history that gives you so much opportunity once you leave. Someone who comes here just to say they go to the University of Georgia will never make it and will not help the overall status of the school.

Luckily, Athens is for everyone. There is a lot of sorority and fraternities, but there are also so many opportunities for artists, too. UGA has a great art program and Athens is known for it's music scene. UGA is also good for those who want experience in a profession like law or medicine.

Ryanna

This school makes it incredibly easy to find parties, so irresponsible and easily distracted people should not attend UGA. This school is not for people who aren't serious about their education because there are a lot of weed-out classes. Basically they are classes designed to eliminate students in certain majors because they are not dedicated enough to their studies to make it through the entirety of the coursework.

If you can get accepted into this college then anyone can attend and have a great college experience. If you have trouble with large classes or a big campus then there are ways to learn and adapt. Honestly every college is going to have pros and cons. Those cons are the things that make the student grow and become a better person for overcoming those intimidating characteristics.

I personally believe that anyone can find their place at UGA, and I know many different kinds of people who have. However, one of my closest friends has found it hard to adjust to the size of the school - so anyone who is looking for a small school atmosphere should look elsewhere. However, I would greatly recommend the Honors Program for students looking to get small class sizes and experience a large university feel as well.

hayatt

A person that doesn't like to party.

Jay

A closeminded person should not attend this school, or any college for that matter, because there are so many different types of people with different opinions, and truthfully not one person can decide what is what.

If you have no ambition or goals in life you should not attend this school. If you do not have any work ethic, motivation or enthusiasm you should not attend this school either.

Tammy

This program is not for the late-sleepers, or those that are unmotivated to work. This is an intensive program, and could pose a problem to those who are unreliable or unwilling to hear criticism.

JOHNATHAN

A person who is not willing to do the work that is given to them. Because it is possible for anybody to graduate from this school. All it takes is a little focus and efford to do the work.

Kahja

Unplugged lamps. Everyone knows that with a little electricitiy and maybe a good dusting of that horrid, yet endearing lampshade, that little appliance could shine. So don't be an unplugged lamp. You may be a little different. Maybe even a bit strange. But flaunt it. The ones who squint their eyes in the face of your odd glow were never worth it; however, at this school, these undeserving people are few. Burn away the fear to be different and blind anyone who will care to watch your individual radiance. Who cares what the light bill says?

Ariell

Do not apply if you: cannot handle a large, diverse group of people; do not have good study skills; only looking for a party (trying to attend them all will get you in trouble quickly); are afraid to ask for help; expect professors to spoon-feed you; do not have very good reading/writing skills; do not have the ability to live with total strangers (roommates); are easily distracted.

Samuel

Honestly, I cannot think of any student who would not enjoy an experience at UGA. I believe it would be a much more fulfilling experience if you are able to fully immerse yourself in campus life, but even if you are a "commuter" or working through school, I still think you can have a great experience. This is coming from someone who has attended both commuter and campus-style colleges; I've done both and still recommend UGA over any other school I've attended (Georgia Southern University, Armstrong Atlantic State University, and Georgia State University).

If you want to go medical but not be a doctor, UGA doesn't have a lot of majors for that. I don't think it has engineering either.

Jisoo

It really depends. There are things for party people and non-party people so I think Universit of Georgia is a well-balanced school. I think University of Georgia is great for everyone, especially people who want to pursue Pharmacy or Business.

Kira

Intelligient and exciting people attend this school.

Leigh

In my opinion, someone who does not feel comfortable on a large campus should not attend UGA. Although I personally prefer a larger environment, someone who does not could easily feel overwhelmed. Also, Greek life is huge on campus, so someone who does not like that scene might not like UGA. However, there are plently of people and activities to avoid this environment, something that I do.

Adrienne

A person who is not prepared to try their best to succeed.

an ignorant, self-rightous, sociopath; a heavy drug user with a record of violence/crimes; or an over-zealous religious person

If you come to the University of Georgia, you should realize that you are very lucky. At least ten other people wanted to be in your spot, and you were lucky enough to get it over them. If you are not ready to work hard or feel strongely about entitlement, you will not do well at this university. You must work hard while balancing a healthy social life. People who do not take responsibility for their own actions will also do poorly here, as this school prides itself on its ethics and loyalty.

Yatri

A bookworm, someone who is easily distracted.

well rounded person who is confident in their studies and activities outside the class room.

A very well-rounded student should attend this school. To be successful at UGA, a student needs to be extremely focused and academically minded, as well as interested in meeting diverse grouple of people. This type of person needs to have a firm grasp on how to balance academics, social activities, and finances. With so many opportunities at UGA, it is very helpful for a student to have a clear cut direction for a career, so one does not get lost in so many choices. Lastly, UGA loves their sports, so an interest in extra-curriculars is a must.

Nena

Someone who needs a small, quiet school.

Caleb

If you are not serious about working do not attend UGA. There is a generous amount of work, and it takes a strong will to persevere through the entire semester.

LaToya

Very quiet people. Also, party people because it will be easy to get distracted.

Reshma

If you are not looking for an type of extra curricular or social life, than this school is not for you. Overall, this school is extremely diverse and accepts and caters to all different types of students

UGA is a school where most anyone can find their niche, however some may find that UGA isn't the right place for them. Many students aren't prepared for how large the campus actually is, and may feel intimidated by its size. Students looking for a small school with a more intimate atmosphere shouldn't attend UGA. Also, those people who fail to represent the qualities of wisdom, justice, and moderation, those pillars that make up a cornerstone of UGA's academic policy and campus society should not attend.

A person who wants to be a "big fish in a small pond" shouldn't attend this school. If a person wants to be well known at his school, he probably should find a different college, because UGA is huge.

I think that people from any background, social class, race, etc. can attend this school. There is really something for everyone of every kind. And that's really awesome for people who want to experience new things and learn about cultures they've never experienced before.

Frances

Someone that doesnt like to party and isnt social.

There is a place for every type of person at this university, but to do well you must have the will power to be different and know that there is a time and place for everything.

jordan

Open minded.

Anyone who is more interested in partying and having a good time than actually studying/learning. Someone who is looking for a small-school experience.

A person who cannot handle a large fast paced campus. The University of Georgia helps students with responsiblity because you must work very hard and keep up with yourself in order to succeed at the University of Georgia.

Chinedu

A person who is willing to get accustomed to a large school and a community that is focused on academics.

Jami

Anyone can attend this school and do just fine. Everyone id bound to make friends and the professors make the big classrooms not seem so big

Someone who is outgoing and wants to develop strong people skills. This is the perfect place for someone interested in making connections. A musician or artist would also fit in perfectly here. Someone who enjoys sports or political conversations.

Students who know what they want to do as a career already, who make friends easily, and who can balance academics with many extra-cirricular temptations. Also, those who have scholarships should keep them or make sure they qualify for financial aid if they can't pay out of pocket.

Shekeena

A person who isn't motivated and willing to take the time out to study shouldn't attend UGA.

I think a person who can't handle large amounts of people on Saturdays (Gamedays) would probably not do well here -- or someone who can't shrug off the conservative-christian old men who enjoy handing out tiny bibles a week before Halloween. Other than that it is a pretty easy going college to attend.