University of Georgia Top Questions

The thing that I enjoyed the most about my school was the extracarricular activities, as I was an active participant in the band program throughout my undergraduate career.

Courteney

The University of Georiga is a perfect mix of southern tradition meets intellectual rigor. I love the fact that we have so many traditions and so much history encompassing the school. Attending this school makes me feel like I'm apart of a much larger line of people who have shared these same experiences. However, I also feel like I'm getting a quality education. My classes are challenging and engaging and I feel like the things I'm learning are relevant to my future career.

Verena

Best thing is the variety of majors because a lot of people are unsure of what they want to do, so the University of Georgia gives you a lot of options to consider from.

Teeda

The best thing about UGA is the academic rigor. The classes really push the students to see if they're the correct fit for that major. If they find out early that they don't enjoy a class or it's hard to understand, then it saves them time to find their true niche. The University of Georgia has a wide variety of majors, minors, classes, and certificates that any student can take an interest in and find their true calling.

The school has a ton of areas of study. You're sure to find what it is you want to do with your career.

I consider the best thing about my school to be all the student help that is offered. There are on-campus job opportunities, free tutoring, etc. I think that shows how the school cares for its students, and I thinkg that is very important for helping students exceed.

I came into UGA not knowing exactly what I wanted to do when I graduated. However, being at such a large school allows you the opportunity to get involved in a variety of classes, organizations and leadership positions. By senior year, I had a strong understanding of my strengths, weaknesses, and areas for professional growth - which allowed me to focus on pursuing career opportunities that matched my skillsets and interestes. I am grateful for the liberal arts education that I received at UGA!

Dakota

The people. While Athens is very sorority and fraternity-focused, there are also a lot of people here not involved with Greek life and they make great friends.

Danette

I think the best thing about my school are the social opportunities.

My school provides an incredible amount of oppurtunites to students. There is a club for just about every subject and sport as well as on campus career options for students. UGA Food Services alone hires several hundred students a year. There are resources abound to be harnessed.

School spirit! Everyone lives, sleeps, and breathes of the University of Georgia spirit. Once you come here you'll be a Dawg forever!

My

There's a lot of things unique about my campus. But then again, I haven't visited a lot of other campuses to compare it to. I'd say my campus is really large although it may seem small the longer you're here. And actually, "campus" stretches out pretty far. Due to the agricultural and science programs, there are parts of campus that are actually quite a distance away from "campus." I'd say my campus is really nice. There are a lot of grassy areas where people like to lie out and relax. Out architectures are pretty attractive and we also have a tree "that owns itself."

There are so many opportunities at The University of Georgia that it sometimes can be overwhelming. As a first year student on campus, I have encountered and met some of the most amazing businessmen and businesswomen. There is someone with great knowledge for every possible interest one could have. Through my networking skills and abilities, I have also landed a part-time job as an assistant to the Director of Diversity Relations and Recruitment at UGA's Terry College of Business, which is usually a job most upperclassmen do not receive. I have been so thankful for the many opportunities.

The campus is the city and everywhere you go, there are students and people your one age. I love that about going to UGA, there is also a lot of pride in just being a student at UGA.

Wendell

One of the most fascinating things about my campus, is that it houses two official state landmarks: The Georgia Museum of Art and the State Botanical Gardens. When I first walked into the gardens my freshman year, I could not believe that I was able to escape into this vast and beautiful landscape for an hour or two. As far as the Museum is concerned, there are no words. It is so great to see works from the likes of Andy Warhol and Picasso. It's so great. What's weird though, is that many students don't take advantage of these great places. Why? I do not know. But one thing I do know, and I want you to know, is that they're both FREE. Go! Experience culture! Experience life! You won't regret it :)

What isn't unique about our campus? There is always something new to discover here at UGA. Hidden spots you didn't know existed or a new place to study and hang out.

The amazing professors and our school spirit and the best things about my school. The professors are so willing to help and show genuine concern with all aspects of my education. If it were not for my professors, I would not have such a great experience in my classes. The student body exhibits so much pride in our school and it is certainly contageous.

The best thing about UGA is the unity you feel being a part of the student body. Everyone is there working towards the same goal-that is getting your education in order to obtain your degree. The school spirit and pride definetly play a key role in this unity because at UGA football is a big deal and the entire student body pulls together to support the team and it's a great feeling standing in the stadium next to 98,000 people you go to school with but don't know except for the fact they are students.

The best thing about the University of Georgia is that no one is left out of a great college experience. I lived at home during my first year and was very worried about not connecting with other students, but I should not have wasted my time worrying because I have had an awesome freshman year of college. I joined the Delta Zeta sorority and it is my favorite thing at UGA because it keeps me involved and helps me to stay on top of my schoolwork while having fun with my friends!

The best thing about the University of Georgia is the fact that the campus is very diverse. There are people from all types of religions, all types of backgrounds, and from all types of ethnic groups. With interaction from every walk of life, this creates new experiences that enrich everyone's life.

Kenny

The pride and tradition that this school has is something that is invaluable. It makes you proud to say that you're a Georgia Bulldog and it gives you a bond with a fellow classmate. This is bond is subsequently the main thing that makes this school extremely resourceful. Many alumni want to give back to the current students and other people want to be involved with what's happening on campus so there are many opportunities for students to find help from all over.

Amount of opportunities to broaden my horizons and study what I want to, in and out of the classroom.

I consider the best thing about The University of Georgia to be that I have learned so much. It is unbelievable to me how interesting my classes have been, and how much knowlegde I have gained from them. I genuinely feel like a smart person to be exceling at such a prestigous school. Even though The University of Georgia is the number one party school in The United States, we are extremely focused on academics. We get our work done and have fun too!

There are so many opportunities for everyone. There are a thousand diferent activities going on at once, and the professors really do care about students. The size of the school scares people away sometimes because they fear that professors won't be personal, but that's incredibly untrue. Plus, the DRC is amazing.

Despite it's large size (30,000 students), you can make it feel as large or small as you like. It student body is extremely diverse - with students from all around the world. There are hundreds of clubs/student activities to get involved with, but it is not necessary in order to fit in. It is truly a one-size-fits all type of campus.

The best thing about the University of Georgia is the huge oppurtunity for students to get involved in things happening around them. Whether or not it is something we are familiar with or something that is brand new to us, we can always experience something amazing each and every day. The professors are always there to encourage us in the classroom, but learning outside of the classroom is just as important. The number of clubs and student run organizations offer fun and enriching things to do in our spare time .

Maureen

The best thing about UGA is the quantity and quality of available majors and classes. You can take a class in anything, History of Rock Music, Scuba Diving, etc.

The variety of activities available at this school is truly astonishing; nowhere else will you find such an incredible range. If you want to learn how to play tennis, there are tennis courts available to you 24/7, and classes if you want to learn properly. If you want to work for an amazing school paper, the Red and Black is a great place to go. If you want an internship, there's always something available in the Athens area. If you want to volunteer, there are almost countless opportunities.

The school, when taken into consideration with the city, is a four-year amusement park ride.

Kris

The University of Georgia has a great career center that gives students a plethora of information of how to be sucessful in your college years. The career center shows students how to pick the right career and the steps to persue that career. All in one semester the career center helped me pick a major, obtain a shot in the Intern for a Day program, and finally pushed me on the right track to a sucessful career!

The best thing about this school is the individual colleges. I am in the college of education and our professors loop with us so we are able to develop relationships with them and we are able to continue to build on one foundation versus continually starting over at the beginning of the semester.

Honestly? The meal plan. UGA has excellent food, and I never have to worry about going without a meal. I can go to the dining hall an unlimited number of times during the day, and they always have fresh vegetables and fruits that keep me healthy and happy. I was worried that my eating habits would turn for the worst in college, but this meal plan takes what could be added stress out of my life.

I think the best part about my school is the diversity that you can find in it. It's a relatively large school, and you can probably find whatever you want to find here. There are so many different types of people with so many different interests!

Wesley

The football games are awesome, the weather is nice, it's a short drive from Atlanta and the mountians.

Faye

UGA's reputation, programs of study, and community support make it the best school for me to attend.

Ali

The great since of pride that I get from the campus. The university campus is beautiful and welcoming. From the historical buildings to the lush landscape there is so much to see and experience. Walking on campus the students are friendly and make you feel a part of the UGA family.

The best thing about UGA is the level of community this large school has amongst students. From day one on campus, UGA students become passionate about their school, classmates, and professors. With the infamous Georgia Bulldogs, the athletics are top-notch, while not taking away from the academically rich environment. The professors are brilliant, organized, creative, and readily available to help student's succeed in their courses. This school has a wealth of diversity, for students to explore new ideas and goals. UGA leaves students with a wonderful education and a priceless level of comraderie amongst alumni.

I think the class difficulty is the best thing about my school because it truly helps me learn the information I need to succeed in life after college.

Bridget

The endless amount of groups and activities on campus. Theres always something to do or people to meet.

I love Football saturdays at UGA. The atmospher before and during the games at Sanford Stadium are great. I love the tailgating and drinking before the game and watching the Bulldogs during the game at a stadium that holds over 90,000 people. Fall semester is always the most fun because people are of the 6 saturdays that there is a home football game that everyone can have fun and socialize with each other. That is what I will most remember about going to school at UGA.

The tradition and history are the best thing about the university.

Catelyn

UGA offers a wide range of courses to suit the interests of the student population.

Nena

All the opportunities it offers because it is well known

The best thing about UGA is the abundant array of opportunities and programs available whether it be academic (tutoring), or extra-curricular. There really is something here for everyone.

I love the school spirit and the well-roundedness of the University of Georgia. It offers a combination of fun, activities and clubs, and academic excellence. I think those three things are good and necessary for those of college age and teaches us to be balanced later in life.

Sandra

Everything on this campus is accessible by foot. You can practically go anywhere on campus just by walking even though there is a bus system. Another thing is the school is very fast-paced. Everyone is always doing something and nothing really slows down. There are great events that occur on campus that introduces different cultures. There are many places where students can go to either study in a group or by themselves. Most people are friendly. This school is also known for its football team.

The best thing about UGA is that there are so many different things you can get involved in, both academically and socially. The extracurricular activities featured here are limitless, and there is something here that every single person can enjoy. Whether you like playing chess, volunteering, playing intramural sports, or being in a social sorority, there is a chance for everyone to get plugged in.

The best thing about my school is the sense of family that comes with being in Athens. Everyone is so passionate about our school (especially during sports events) and there is always an opportunity to make friends. There is so much to do and I can always find someone to study with or have fun with, no matter what the situation.