University of Georgia Top Questions

Where is the best place to get work done on campus?

Wendell

Hmmm...I think it differs. Most people study in the Miller Learning Center, but I personally think it's too noisy (even if you have a study room). My favorite place to study is the 7th floor of the Main Library. Behind one of the aisles of books (WHICH ARE TREMENDOUS) there is a spot with a huge window and a table right underneath it. The window has the ultimate view of campus, the city of Athens, and even a few mountains in the distance. It is so relaxing, and so quiet. A+ material there if you ask me!

Wendell

The most popular place is definitely the MLC (Zell B. Miller Learning Center) on campus right by the stadium. It is a four-floor building built for studying and classes, with study rooms galore, computers, tables, and classrooms. Other great places are the Tate Student Center, on the lawn at North Campus, in various coffee shops around town, in the Main Library, the Law Library and the Journalism Building.

Yasmeen

I have a few different places I go when it's really "crunch" time. The first is the library, it is less popular than the SLC, but there are some great study nooks that are isolated but have a great view of campus. Along the perimeter of each floor there are cutouts with tables and chairs, these are quiet, secluded, and you can see as far as East Campus on a clear day. The other is Walker's - it is a coffee shop by day and a pub by night. It is located downtown right behind Starbucks. This is a hidden gem, there are big tables so you can spread out all your books and papers, and they have some of the best coffee around. I can go alone or with friends and I always manage to get a ton of work done. A tip though, definitely bring your iPod to drown out the noise of others around you.