University of Georgia Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Georgia

my

This is where you will meet plenty of people with different interests. Learn to have fun while studying is the key to an amazing college life at UGA. The professors are usually always available for questions. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Peers tutors are also a common thing

Sofia

It is an amazing school and I love the environment it has. The campus is beautiful and there are plentiful places that the student body can study, meet up, go out to eat, and just have fun. The student body is very kind and accepting and very involved in everything. There are opportunities for everyone to get involved and make friends.

Patricia

The administration and professors are unqualified and racist. Many of the professors are students who do not know the information. I was called “aggressive” when I professionally asked to see the answers I missed on a test. Many hate crimes have happened on campus by fraternities and when reported, the fraternities were not punished. There are many sexual assault cases that are covered up and the victim is usually punished harder that the assaulter. The chemistry department is failing and there are only two professors to each the entire freshman chemistry class.

Erika

I love it here because it provides the perfect amount of academic challenge and opportunities for my career paths. In addition, the town of Athens is a great place to call home for over four years. I love this university so much that I am coming back next year for my master's! Go Dawgs!

Linh

It is definitely my top 1 choice for University. Love the environment, culture, people, and opportunities. This place have many majors for everyone to choose from and many extracurricular to take. PS: when it's sport day, good luck finding a spot! I can hear their cheering from MILES away.

Charlotte

The first semester at UGA was very tough for me. Being away from home, isolated along with COVID-19 took a hard toll on my mental health and I significantly struggled. However, the counseling and student care departments truly helped me find a way out of my difficult situation and directed me to the help I needed. The staff I have spoken with were all very supportive and ready to help when I reached out. Of course, with all courses being mostly online, it was difficult to really have an authentic experience on campus. However, I feel like the university has a strong support system ready to help students as much as they can even in these difficult times.

keylla

Lots of great opportunities and resources for students. Go Dawgs!

Jordan

UGA is a great opportunity for motivated students, like myself, who love learning. So far, it has also been tremendously helpful with finding a summer internship, and the professors seem to enjoy teaching enough for me to remain engaged in lectures.

Sunay

I believe The University of Georgia Athens is a great school with many opportunities. It has a great amount of not only diverse people, but also majors. Many people say it is a party school, but personally I do not see it. It is a party school if YOU want it to be. UGA’s courses are not easy and cannot just be flown through. Chances are whatever you choose to do will be a major at UGA, since the university values its education and there is a good guarantee you will be taught what you are looking for. The Honors program UGA offers is also an amazing opportunity for students who really want to experience UGA’s full academic environment. The on-campus housing and eating accommodations are also excellent. The off-campus is good, but if you want excellent you will have to cough up more money. However, UGA does also have its downsides. For example, the 2020 Fall Semester was handled pretty poorly in terms of COVID-19 and many students have caught it. Downtown Athens (which is directly North of campus) is still running rampant with many students going to different bars. The online class style also has been slightly detrimental on education. Nevertheless, I still recommend UGA as a great school, since as soon as COVID-19 has a vaccine, most of these issues will fix themselves.

Gemma

I am currently enrolled in the University of Georgia, and while I still love the campus, life outside of class is much different than I thought it would be and not just because of the coronavirus. Greek life and party life are big here which makes it hard to socialize if you don't want to be a part of those scenes. There are a lot of other clubs to join, but it has been difficult to find out what is going on around campus and stay informed about what is happening.

Clay

Overall, UGA is an extremely diverse school with open-minded students. The teachers are very helpful and really care about your education. We have at least 15 different restaurants to choose from as well as 5 dining commons, so I never run out of options on where to eat. Most of all, UGA football games are legendary. The crowd is so energetic, and it feels like home to me. This is the best college in the entire United States.

Erica

The university of georgia has great students and teachers. the dorms ar not the best but they are livable. the campus is very safe. the university is very big on academics and sports. they are plenty of clubs for the students to join. The food is not the best but it is edible and their is plenty of off campus housing and things to do in Athens around the university

Jordan

At first, I did not want to attend the University of Georgia because I wanted to go out of state for college. However, UGA offered my the best finical aid package, and it turned out being my home away from home. Everyone there is so nice diverse. I've interacted with people of all different races, ethnicities, religions, and backgrounds, and I am just amazed at how much they have taught me about myself. Of course G Dawgs! Our football team is great and so is the social life. Overall, I'm enjoying my experience so far: I am a rising sophomore in SPIA!

Stacy

The University of Georgia was a school I always dreamed of going to! During the application process, I took a leap of faith into the admission pool. I decided that regardless of my acceptance, I wouldn't forgive myself if I had never applied. I adored the ambiance of the campus and the unity within the community of a college town. However, what really drew me into deciding to go to the University of Georgia is its academic diversity. Although it takes high merit to get accepted into the University of Georgia, Once I was accepted all fields of study and interests were encouraged. UGA is the school that has a little of everything for every kind of student. This allows for students to find the area they believe they can excel in.

Hayden

Uga is the best school hands down. It has the best academics it is a very competitive school in sports as well as academics. We have one of the best football teams in the nation some of the best Greek life in the country and the best teachers as well

Maiya

The University of Georgia was not my first choice but I am extremely happy that I decided to attend this school. The atmosphere is amazing and everyone is extremely nice. Everyone wants you to be a part of something and the upperclassmen and teachers are always willing to help you with your work and refer you to other people if they can't help you themselves. The campus environment is safe and accepting and the food here is amazing. Coming to this school helped me turn into the leader I am now and it definitely helped me come out of my shell. I am extremely glad I chose to go to this university!

Brianna

I was very skeptical applying to a big school because it could be overwhelming- but boy was it the best decision of my entire life going to the University of Georgia. Athens is like a magical town that makes you feel like home and can give you so much joy and beauty all in one. There are so many different parts of the classic city, giving you a different experience each time. The academics will challenge you and make you work harder than you can ever imagine. It is something that makes you feel accomplished, something to be proud of and something to cherish forever. The dawgs and UGA have been one of the biggest influences of my life. It has made me a better person. My freshman year went away in the blink of an eye. My whole college experience is going by so fast and I want to cherish every moment. Thanks to the University of Georgia I get to live in the greatest city and be apart of the best college. So I would recommend to anyone and everyone who was considering UGA, to take a leap of faith and go. Being a bulldog will be the best decision.

Juan

As of now I have almost completed my freshman year at the University of Georgia. I have tried my hand at many of the opportunities, academical and extracurricular, that UGA has offered me. To start with, the school's academic facilities are vast and tailored to serve the students. Almost each major receives their own building, which comes in handy when you want to nerd out about plants all day in the Plant Sciences building, like me. Aside from the major specific buildings there are several large buildings where students can go to be in silence and study. The amazing seven story main library is the most obvious choice, but UGA offers so many more nooks that students can study at. The Law Library has a tranquil indoor open patio and a library, the Science Library has dozens of cubicles for students, the Miller Learning center has floors upon floors of either rooms, cubicles, or classrooms that students may go in. UGA makes it clear that a clean quiet study space will always be provided within a ten minute walking distance anywhere on campus. As for extracurricular activities, there's so many around town and on campus that it can be overwhelming. Since coming here, I have affiliated myself with WUOG, one of the campus radios. I have met most of my friends through here, and it is a great place to meet more. UGA has tons of clubs and activities that a student can learn about by just walking through Tate Plaza. If my first college professors were any indication of the quality of teachers at UGA, then I have chosen the correct school. All my professors were engaging with their students, and while some were very tough and strict on grading assignments, these professors still reached out to students to help them in any way. UGA's First Year Odyssey program is a program only for freshmen that allows the students to be in class of no more than fifteen, with one professor. These classes were heavily discussion based and consisted of interesting topics that the professors were knowledgeable over such as: Herbs and Medicinal Spices, How Technology Changed the World, and The Brothers Karamazov Discussion. Overall UGA has outstanding attention to their students and campus life. The campus is beautiful, the classes are well organized, and the teachers are honed in to the interests of their students.If I had the option to redecide on where to go to college, I'd still be at UGA.

Celese

I love attending UGA It is giving me the foundation I need in life. Obtaining a college degree is very crucial to succeed in life; it will help open doors to many opportunities in my personal, professional and spiritual growth. I am grateful to attend.

Madison

The first public university in the US and the best public university in the US. UGA is such a special place- students are academic, artistic, and athletic. Professors are generally helpful and accessible. It is a beautiful campus, with a superior football team. Go Dawgs forever.

Katherine

I grew up just outside of Athens, and as a result, I resented UGA solely for the fact that it represented my small hometown. I resented the fact that I ended up going here, and almost tried NOT to like it. Now, three years later, I can't imagine my life anywhere else. I am surrounded by people who care about what they're learning, who enjoy intelligent conversations, and who constantly build up and encourage each other (in and out of the classroom). My professors care and are knowledgable of their subject matter. Facilities are up to date and impressive. and on top of all that, we have the best team in the SEC! GO DAWGS!

Isis

Coming from a small town, 30,000 students just seemed like way too much to handle. But there are so many ways to make the campus feel smaller. Everyone hates freshman chemistry, no one takes Family Housing, and partying is encouraged by complete strangers. There are ways to make this large pool of kids who suck at being adults feel small and cozy.

Shannon

The University of Georgia is the best school on the planet in my eyes. No where else can you get such a great education for such a reasonable price, while also getting the benefits of going to an athletically competitive and relevant school. The University of Georgia provides so many wonderful opportunities for their students through our undergraduate research program (CURO), our study abroad program, and our honors program. The campus is beautiful, the people are kind, the professors are helpful, and GO DAWGS.

Gianna

It is a fantastic university that offers amazing academics, people, and experiences. I was hesitant to attend such a big university but the people I have met and the classes I have taken so far have put my mind at ease. I love the beautiful campus and the surrounding Athens area, it is hard to find something to complain about.

Tory

I absolutely love UGA! It is a big school, and that can be overwhelming at first, but that also means that there are endless opportunities. There is a niche for everyone, but only if you're willing to put yourself out there. UGA offers a great community. We are also known to have pretty great academics and research facilities. I consider it to be one of the best public universities to get your education at in the south east! I am definitely proud to be a Georgia Bulldawg!

I love the University of Georgia. It is a great environment and there are lots of things to do there. There is something to do regardless of personal preferences. The University makes it a priority to make sure that everyone enrolled in the university gets the best experience out of it.

krissa

I haven't spent loads of time on campus but Athens is a lovely area. I swear it's the perfect college town. Of course, there's some student activity the parents and such might not approve of, but there is at most universities. I've never gotten the vibe that one might be pressured into that sort of thing, so it's not a huge deal. From what I've seen, there's tons to get involved with on campus, too, no matter what your interests may be. Overall, it's a great place to be!

Alexis

University of Georgia is a good school. Overall, I like my professors in the Public Health department so far. I also like some of my classmates. The overall environment of the small town is alright in a sense. So, my time in this university is fine so far.

Sabrina

The University of Georgia is definitely for you if you live and breathe football. Fortunately, as a person who doesn't care for football I have been able to find other outlets. I have connected with my Hispanic roots and have met so many wonderful people as well as my significant other. I joined business organizations on campus, I will be an ambassador for the upcoming semester and I am also bringing a new chapter of a multicultural sorority to campus. The University of Georgia may solely be known for its academics and football, but there are so many other things that make it great, like the organizations and architecture on campus.

Rumisha

When I first heard about the University of Georgia, it was through a teacher of mine in 9th grade. He was an alumni of the University and he spoke extremely highly of it and I remember thinking, “well he went there, he’s obviously being biased.” Flash forward to senior year when all of us seniors were distressed balls of nerves, sitting around and trying to go on with our lives while waiting for college decisions to get back to us. I myself had applied to a few colleges, University of Georgia and Georgia College and State University being my top two choices. I honestly wasn’t that excited about University of Georgia. By senior year, I’d heard almost everything about UGA ranging from, “It’s such a party school,” to basics of being an avid Bulldog fan. Ultimately, I ended up choosing UGA and right now, as I am sitting here writing this, I can accurately say that it choosing UGA was the best decisions that I could have made. When you think college, you think parties, finals, and loans. You may think about student life, but you don’t honestly know the student life until you experience it. UGA is a great facility, the housing is great, the food is delicious, and class may be difficult but its expected. However, my favorite part of college has been the student life. UGA has a place for literally any type of person. The diversity in student life reflects off of the various organizations and events always being hosted on campus. It doesn’t matter if you’re an introvert, extrovert, sporty, artsy, it doesn’t matter what race you are or what backgrounds you stem from, at the end of the day, you will find a place, your place, on campus. For me, the campus life has helped me develop into who I am today. I am more outspoken and more involved in organizations because I feel like I genuinely have found somewhere to be. I feel that for the most part, students are actively involved in gaining from each other, and that makes a beautiful difference.

gerda

Cassidy

I'm a fourth generation Georgia Bulldog! UGA is a great school and the business school and journalism school are among the best in Georgia, even some of the best in the country. Once a bulldog, always a bulldog. It's a tight knit community and could even open up doors to future careers. UGA is very respected, so if you have a degree from there, you're golden. Just save the partying for the weekends and you'll do great!

Kirstin

I love going to UGA. There is something here for everyone, and you get to meet so many extraordinary people and experience so many great things. It has become my second home, and I feel like there is nothing that I cannot accomplish here. There are never any grey areas, in my opinion.

Aisleigh

Pretty good place to go to school. The campus is expansive and beautiful. There are many places to shop and eat nearby. Very hipster town though. You'll find cheap apartments but overpriced stores in the area. The students and teachers are decent but the sororities and fraternities can be annoying and cliquish at times.

Briona

It is a great school over all, you just need connections and great time management. Do not procrastinate your assignments.

Cindy

I have enjoyed my time at UGA. I've made lasting friendships with my roommates while living at ECV. The dinning halls do serve good tasting food, but it is often full. I enjoy my time in the extracurriculars, especially its pre-vet club since they often hold many events, such as ice-skating and visiting local places for a fun-time. It's an overall great school.

Jyoti

I'm slowly starting to like UGA. UGA was never my first choice so when I came here I dreaded it, but it's slowly starting to feel like home. The living isn't too shabby nor is the food (just be prepared to eat the same meals every day), and the education could definitely be better especially the chemistry department.

Amani

I love my university. In 9 credits, I will be an alumna in 3 short years. If you come to Georgia you gain extended family. I have friends that’ll last a life time, a teacher turned mentor, and a 3rd grandmother figure (Mrs. Trudy at Snelling). When you come to Georgia, you come home. Join the family, you won’t regret it! Goooooo dawgs, sic’ em, woof (4x).

Lacey

The University of Georgia is an awesome school to go to. They have numerous of clubs, activities, fraternity sorority groups to join. There is never a dull moment at the UGA so make sure you get involved as much as possible. The academics here are up to par and the professors here really care about their students success. If you consider UGA, make sure you are prepared and ready for not only the academics but joining what they have to offer here.

Grace

It a beautiful campus full of diversity of people, plants and animals! There are many things to do here and you will never be bored. If you don't have a car, the public transit in Athens is pretty decent. The school has its own busses to make traveling around this big campus easier!

Jonathan

I love Georgia! Initially, I was strongly thinking of attending Emory University but I changed my mind and decided to attend Georgia instead. I am very glad I made that decision; I love the campus, the people I have met in just one short year, and the life I live here.

Saraj

The school is great and the people are friendly! Whether your main priority is school or extracurricular activities, there is something for you here at UGA. There are plenty of places to go and study, indoors and out, and there is also some fun social event going on. Whether it's a game day or just a normal day of the week, something is always happening at UGA.

Overall, I think UGA embodies the spirit of what college life should be like, from the good to the bad. There's always an opportunity to meet new people and try new things. Walking through the Tate Plaza always proves a challenge because of how jam packed it sometimes gets with the small activities and club promotions going on. Then there's the course work. It's a lot of reading and writing; everything those A.P classes that some of us may have taken prepared us for. However, this loaded course work just helps you form tight bonds with the stranger sitting next to you (who might one day turn into one of your very dear friends whom you bond with over the grueling unfairness of your intended major). As an added bonus, the professors tend to be available when you need them and pretty friendly people to talk to. I find UGA to be a pretty spiffy place.

The University of Georgia is the birthplace of higher education. With this reputation the University is dedicated to excellence and honor within all of their endeavors. No matter what program you enroll in or what field you decide to study, know that the education you are obtaining is from world renowned professors.

Kaley

I have really enjoyed my time here so far; I love the people I have met and the organizations I have joined, such as Relay for Life and Sigma Kappa sorority. These organizations help me to feel connected to my peers and my community here in Athens, and service has always been important to me. The classes are extremely difficult, especially in chemical engineering, but after putting in so much effort, I feel so rewarded when I see I have done well on a test or assignment. Of course, not everything is perfect, but I am extremely grateful that I have the opportunity to attend the University of Georgia.

Damyria

UGA is an amazing school, but it's not for everyone. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and have fun around campus, but the classes are no joke. Thankfully, most professors are readily available, and there are plenty of tutors if students need extra help. All in all, I loved my first year and can't wait to go back in the fall.

Hadiyah

UGA is a big school, and while that can be overwhelming, there are never ending ways to shrink this campus and create your own experience perfectly tailored to you. The advisers, professors, TA's, and even other students are always willing to help you out when it comes to finding the perfect route for you and with coursework in general. The selection of extracurricular activities and clubs in extensive, the facilities are top notch, and there's nothing better than gameday Saturday's in Athens. I love it here and I couldn't see myself anywhere else.

Susie

I love UGA. Great town of Athens. Great school spirit!

Kystyn

I love UGA! This school has afforded me so many opportunities to learn and grow. I think that UGA has helped me and it will continue to grow and learn more as I learn more at my tenure at UGA. I’m an honored to be a student at such a prestigious institution.

Sienna

UGA is a good school. It has great academics and a love for football that unites the campus. The only thing I don't like is the location. It is very rural and not having a car can mean you're stuck with nothing to do unless you enjoy the party seen or going downtown.