Great Falls, MT
University of Great Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Great Falls

I was promised a lot when I applied for this school and in the middle of my Sophomore year ,which I am at the end I am transferring. I am going to transfer to a school that is more in line with the medical field. I am in hopes to get more professors who care about their students and are willing to help no matter what the circumstances are.

The people here are nice. I haven't made any close friends at all and I've been here for almost two moths. Everyone here drinks all the time and smokes. At this school it's all about the next party. The sports suck and we don't have a football team. I would say the best thing about this school is the food. Other than that I don't find many things great or fun here. I am leaving next year because of that.

Jaqueline

If you are someone that like the feeling of family, than UGF is the place you belong it. Out community here is so committed in helping each other, you soon forget that people are just classmates. They soon become friends and even family. UGF was the perfect match for me because I was used to the small size. I went to a small high school, the transition was very easy. At UGF you aren’t simply a number you are somebody, the teachers dedicate there time, fix there schedule to met with you and are very supportive.

University of Great Falls is a small school that provides students with great learning opportunities that will not only help us academically throughout the year, but also help us in the future. UGF is a safe and fun environment. We truly are a community that works together to help each other out. Because of the size, everyone knows each other and is very easy to make friends. The best part of it, you can meet new people everyday, weather its in the dorms as a freshman or in the halls.

I would say to myself; think carefully about your social circle. In the beginning, everything seems so simple, your away from home, and your parents aren’t there to tell you what to do. The best thing you can do is find friends that are motivated students taking advantage of everything the school has to offer. If your friends compete to see how many times they can get trashed a week and laugh about having to take the same course five times, those are not friends. I was lucky to see the difference. Having to see students waste their money and waste their time is a real disappointment. I have learned that school is much more important to me than having to go out with friends who make bad decisions. I am not saying be a hermit and stay indoors all the time, just know the difference between those who are dedicated to their work and those who is just wasting time. Having supportive friends who are there and give you advice will literally shaped the way you look at life. College is suppose to fun, why not do it with others who believe the same?

Keyla

I would inform myself to be more aware of time management. Growing up in a small farming community in rural Montana, I was not readily prepared to jump into a large university with an extremely hard major in biology, and also be a member of the varsity basketball team. If I was aware of time management I would be more prepared for doctorate of physical therapy school! Students do not realize or want to realize how important their undergraduate education is. It is one of the final stepping stones toward an individuals career goals, which has an impact on the rest of their lives. I performed well enough in my undergrad to be accepted into graduate school, but now that I am there I wish I would have understood how important my undergraduate studies were. I would have dedicated a lot more time to the class room. Unfortunately in order for a student to understand that their education is imperative to the rest of their live they must learn that on their own. No one can tell a undergraduate how important their education is, they have to figure it out on their own time.

How I obtained a b.s. in biology while playing varsity basketball and working as a student trainer in four consecutive years.

Caring and willing to help you out with you need it.

Kaila

The University of Great Falls is a small school with great students and faculty.

Attending the University of Great Falls has so far been a wonderful experience. I have learned a lot about being on my own and what it feels like to have to grow up. So far the most that I have gotten from me college experience is learning how to converce and communicate with people better. Being in college has taught me how to open up and stay positive. It has also taught me to stay open minded and be willing to consider other peoples' beliefs. I have also gotten the chance to meet people from all kinds of places and learn new things, not only in the classroom but from my fellow classmates. It has been such a wonderful experience and valuable to attend such a great school. It has been valuable becuase I am getting the chance to learn academically and get the opportunity to met tons of new people and make life long friends. I think college has been a good experience and change for me.

I would have to say that the worst thing about the University of Great Falls is that there are no on campus sports facilities. Most students that attend here are student athletes, and not having on campus facilities for us to use is kind of difficult. If there was an on campus soccer field, track and field equipment, and softball fields, there would be nothing to complain about. Other than that, the University of Great Falls is beautiful and enjoyable.

I worked in the library at my school and gained a lot of experience doing that. I wouldn't mind being a librarian. I want to be an editor when I get out of college, and I took a Creative Writing class that taught me plenty of usefull information. I also met my (possibly) future husband during my first semester, and I have helped edit his papers, which has given me some experience in my desired field. I learned so much philosophy in my American Literature class by reading Emerson. I took biology in 8th grade, Bio I freshman year, and Bio II senior year of high school, and I still learned from my Biology class in college, something I never would have anticipated, especially from a community college. I have developed relationships with my teachers, who are my friends and mentors.

Lela

My school is best known for the sisters of providence.

My school is best known for the sisters of providence.

I've alway sbeen a nerd and I love learning. I want to be able to help kids experience the love of learning. I love the University of Great Falls because they make me want to learn, the teachers are amazing. The class sizes are small enough for the proffesors to actually know your name and help with what you need. I want to be able to help kids that way. I want to be able to look them in the eye and actually have them "get" what I'm teaching about. University of Great Falls is helping me achieve that goal.

The worst thing about my school is the Corp of Discovery Class.

Caitlin

I've been able to take a wide variety of classes, and I really enjoy having a diverse education. Now that I've decided to go into Criminal Psychology, I really want to stay on this course and eventually get a docotorate in this major. We'll see. :)

University of Great Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.