University of Hartford Top Questions

Sierra

The worst thing about the University of Hartford is the accomidations to students who live on campus who do not have a car. There is a shuttle that runs on weekends to some of the shopping areas, but it can sometimes be hard to find room on the shuttle. If you need to get off campus during the week you're out of luck. It is also too dangerous and far to walk to any restaurants nearby. There are not many stores or restaurants within walking distance from campus.

Mason

the parking for commuters is horrible

In my opinion the worst thing in my school are the old dorm buildings. They are so uninviting and most of the things inside the actual dorms are broken. Things such as window screens, curtains, desks or even walls. Unfortunately I got put in one of these dorms and had to experience these malfunctions. I just didn't think it was fair that I was paying the same amount money for the old dorms, than some students were for the newer dorms.

Shyann

College Life. On the weekends it's boring. Few or no parties. Or you would have to spend money on shopping or do homework.

alicia

The worst thing about the University of Hartford is there is not nearly enough parking for five p.m. classes.

andrew

The worst thing I consider school is library hours. The library at University of Hartford is not a 24 hour library and I would have really benefited from it. The library often opens from 8:00am to 12:00am. However, it would have been more convenient if the library was opened at least until 2:00am each day or better, 24 hours. I disliked the fact that food areas could be opened later than the library. In addition to that, the library closes even earlier on weekends. Library hours were not consistent and suitable.

Financial Assistance is probably the worst thing, I know plenty of students who have left b ecause of it.

Parking is horrible on campus. Everyone has to pay to be able to have their car on campus and you are only allowed to park in certain areas and if you park anywhere else they will give you a ticket. I don't think that it is a good thing about the school because if I pay to park my car there while I am in class then I should be able to park where I want to .

Nancy

The parking was difficult at times.

Linda

I wasn't well prepared for what happens after undergraduate graduation i.e. grad school or finding a job. I wish there was more support from the faculty to help advise the students especially during their final years. in the institution.

The freshman complex dorms are awful. The facilities team is rude.

University of Hartford is a private college. The school prefers to ?market? itself in wealthy areas. We have a lot of attendees from Long Island, New Jersey, and South West Connecticut. I have discovered that the students from wealthier families care little about their education as a whole, and find recreation in hard drug use. As my roommate falls under this category, I can say that I feel uncomfortable knowing there very well may be drugs in our room. I am annoyed by the fact that she comes to bed at 3AM, and doesn?t take her education seriously.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that there's nothing to do on campus. Most nights I spend doing a little work, but I have a lot of free time. There are a couple spots on campus that provide things to do, such as an arcade, but they're usually taken up for most of the night.

deja

There is no worst thing about Uhart. It's a great college I love the professors, classes and the campus itself.

The worst part about our school is that the campus library is not open 24 hours a day. This to me is very important, because I dont have a computer of my own so doing school work after mid-night is nearly impossible.

The worst thing about my school would be the RA's. Some of them were horrible and didn't really care about problems and would take a long time to respond to questions and maintenance requests.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the high tuition cost. Jst becuase the univeristy is a private once doesn't mean the tuition cost need to be so high.

I consider the worst thing to be about my school to be the lack of things to do and the only way to get off campus w/o a car is a taxi or a friend with a car.

Darren

The worst thing about my school would probably be how the campus looks. Some of the buildings are just unappealing and I think the University should try to fix that. Also, I wish there were more environmentaly friendly programs at the University of Hartford

Abraham

I would consider that the financuial aid office isn't always very helpful because they expect that you know your financial situations and you know how to fix it, even if you don't really know how to fix it. Although this can be a good thing because it helps you learn how to figure things out on your own.

Noreen

The freshman dorms and the way they have them living. because it was a really hard environgment to live in with 10 girls living together.

Albert

N/A

Residental parking is a free for all causing upperclassmen to park far away from their apartment/dorm.

Hartford is not a city like new york city where I grew up

...

Nothing I love this college and it is where I belong.

The way Reslife runs housing selection is a bit sloppy and could be done better.