University of Hartford Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Hartford

michael

school is great

Vanessa

I have already gone though my first year, and it was certainly nothing short of amazing! I have met some amazing people, and I tried to attend as many events as possible in order to be involved on campus. I also challenged myself in my academic endeavors. Every professor that I have had has been incredibly supportive and excellent, and they have allowed me to use my creative instincts in order to thrive in my academic setting. I couldn't be happier with my choice of attending UHart. Being a part of the Hawks family has made me realize even more-so than before, that I am right where I am supposed to be, and I am positive that I chose the right major. I can't wait to start back up again in the fall, and reconnect with my second home in Hartford!

Elijah

School for me is three parts. Work, Play, and Lodging. As a Marketing major, I find the work to be moderately challenging (of course relatively). We are also AACSB accredited which is a major plus. As for unwinding, Hartford does great job of making you feel like there's always something going on with a campus-centered life. Lodging as a freshman feels a bit contained but after freshman year the options open up. This is a great school to get your education and other needs. As with anywhere on Earth, be mindful of where you go when you leave your campus/home.

Briana

The campus is very nice, calm, and spacious, the staff provides excellent help to the students, the school provides an excellent security service, and there are many resources and activities available to the students such as clubs, sports, fraternities, etc.

Seana

Whether or not you enjoy the university of Hartford depends both on your major and personality type. I you are more introverted, it is easy to be completely out of the loop. However, many groups on campus tend to be pretty exclusive and may be a bit harsh towards new members.

Almedina

Great school, atmosphere is great, people are friendly and accepting.

Em

This is an amazing school with a large amount of opportunities for students to shine, it is a wonderful university to be a part of and students that go here are extremely proud and have lots of school spirit towards the university!

I love this school, it was one of the best choices I've made. The dorms need to be renovated, and living off campus is substantially cheaper. Almost all of the academic buildings are either new or being renovated. The people are great, the professors are awesome, it's a small school and a great community.

Mariya

I like the University of Hartford. The environment is very relaxed and everyone is extremely friendly. Most of the professors I have had are always open to meeting with the students in order to help them out if so needed. The campus is constantly being upgraded - whether it is the dining hall or the library - in order to make it better for the students.

Kareema

The university is a great opportunity for me to branch out and explore my options. It really allows to experience life and meet many different people. University of Hartford offers diversity and opportunity, that is what makes the students want to say and try new things.

Shaniya

It could be better. But it’s not that bad of a school. I don’t really leave my room much because campus is boring. I’ve never been to a basketball game or any school events for that matter because they’re usually not that great. If they did more fun fund raisers and did things to grab students attention more the school would probably be more unified and more fun

Osasenaga

UHart is a very welcoming, diverse and balanced institution. It is so well-rounded with fun interesting activities as well as thought-provoking, challenging coursework to better ourselves as students for the future. You grow to learn many new things and perceive things in new ways both in and outside the class rooms. UHart is amazing.

Katelyn

The University of Hartford has something for every college student. Being split into our numerous colleges really helps focus students on the path that is best for their major. Our student body is so diverse so you are always meeting new and exciting people. The work load is extremely manageable with organization and deadlines in line.

Charlotte

It's an amazing place to connect with students and professors. The small class sizes give you one on one attention, and the professors truly want you to succeed. On campus housing is nice; after freshman year there are a lot of options. The programs are amazing and so are the people.

Allison

I was attending an audition for the musical theatre department while in New York City. My nervousness quickly turned into excitement after hearing the staff walk us through the audition process, the type of classes, expectations, philosophy and the overall feel of the school. They did not sugar coat anything. I was impressed at the honestly of the program and the hard work in front of me. The support of the staff was evident and appeared to have my individual interest at heart.

Lioni

Overall, the University of Hartford is an inclusive, helpful, effective, and beneficial place for everyone. It is a place of opportunity where anyone can pick their degree program of choice and are given the necessary steps to achieve their educational goals. On top of that, the teachers are very helpful and care about our education, the staff are always available, and there are abundant amounts of services and resources available. I am also happy that UHart improved in other areas as well, like the library and dining services.

Claire

I didn't do enough research, and didn't work hard enough in high school, so I didin't have a lot of great options. My overall opinion is mediocrity. I'll be transferring out. One good thing is its a place anyone can get into, so its got that giong for it.

Brendan

It's lit. Excellent music school. Small classes. Dedicated professors and instructors. So many extracurricular events and clubs. There is a very active student life and sports are a big event on campus. I have enjoyed my time at the Hartt School of Music at the University of Hartford.

Gitana

Academically the University of Hartford is great. The classroom sizes are small (about 15-25 students) which allow you to get close with your teachers and peers . Teachers are pretty much always available and eager to help you succeed. They care a lot about your education and want to see you do well. There's not much going on party wise however. Most parties are off campus at fraternities or local bars but they tend to be pretty boring. Every now and then you get lucky with a good party but we tend to have more fun in the dorms.

Greyshel

Love this place can’t wait to go this fall!! First time I went there I fell in love with it on the spot. The class sizes are small, the university isn’t to big nor to small and the teachers and students were all so welcoming and nice. Can’t wait to call this my home this fall!

Alexandra

The University of Hartford is definitely a school full of potential. They offer their students many connections and opportunities are readily available with its proximity to Down Town Hartford. However, the facilities are aging, especially the Music Building and the Freshman Complexes. Instead of allocating the copious amount of money they already get from Tuition, they are now mandating that students live on campus for two years, where as they used to not require it at all. The shuttle system, which the dance, theater, and off campus students use daily, is functioning but often bad. It sometimes doesn't even run on the weekends, and there's no notification for the students who need it. Facilities, the group who runs it, isn't open on the weekend so there is really no one to get in touch with about it. In short, great opportunities, fantastic art programs, but not so great facilities, dorms, and shuttles.

Generic mediocre regional college. One of the lowest yield rates in the country (almost 90% of people who are accepted here choose to go somewhere else instead, this is not anyones dream school, lol). So a lot of people talk about how they don't want to be here, or want to transfer. A lot do transfer or leave, so the school has to have a rolling admissions like a community college. The only bright spot is the Hartt School for performing arts, if that's your subject its not bad. But other than that, I'd look elsewhere.

Katherine

University of Hartford is a smaller gated school. During the weekends, the school is only accessed from the main gate by students or faculty. There are public safety officers readily accessible. Facilities are accommodating to students and they are quick to respond to concerns. The apartments could definitely use renovations, but there is almost always a room available to students. The housing is spread out on campus, but all is separated from the academic side of school. This separation helps keep school at school once you leave classes. Overall, University of Hartford is not a bad school. There is a new president this upcoming year which will hopefully bring new changes and opportunities to the school.

Sean

DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This school effing blows. In all my time here I have had the worst experience EVER. Everyone goes home and the campus is pathetic. The campus is pretty much dead on weekends. The advising is horrible and has no concern for you what so ever. Do yourself a favor, save your money and go to a REAL college. Hartford SUCKSSSSSSSSSS

Francesca

I love how the campus is split up. There's a side for academics and a side for residential. the campus is so pretty and the class sizes are small. I also like how the professors are available if you ever need to ask them a question. They have a gym that is accessible which I enjoy as well.

Jonathan

I grew up in a poor environment, unable to buy myself nice things or things needed. I've always wanted to prove to everyone that I could still be successful even if my past made it seem like I was due to go nowhere in life. By the time high-school came around, I didn't think there was a point of trying. I struggled to graduate, because of the lack of effort I put in. All that changed my senior year of high school when everyone was being accepted into their favorite colleges and they all had the right path in life. I kept thinking to myself, why can't I be like them? Why don't I know what to do? The University of Hartford has always been my dream school, but the amount of money that I'd have to pay made me believe I was never going to go there. I've come to the conclusion that anything is possible and if you really want something you do whatever it takes to obtain it. Yes, It will be hard to pay for what's due but as I said before, If you really want something you'll do whatever it takes to get it. Music and Photography has been a passion my entire life, this school offers classes that will allow me to study what I love, which will result in me loving my studies. I believe that someone with a struggled path just has more intentions of succeeding in life. Not only will this University make a difference in my/your life but it will create a path that will lead us to the right way.

Lydia

The University of Hartford is a very nice place to spend four years. It is a very short drive from West Hartford, where you can find any store with anything you need. There is a shuttle bus service that can bring you to these shopping areas. The food is better than most that I've tried at different schools. Sports are pretty big and lots of people go to games for the prizes and give-aways they have.

University of Hartford is a wonderful college. Their class sizes are small enough to be recognized by the teacher, but not too small to be in a class with only a few people. The cafe and other restaurants have excellent food. Outside of campus, there are many places to go and visit.

So far, it's been a decent experience so far. From what I can tell, the school really put academics first. The professors are committed to helping every student out. However, that's only if the student is willing to put the work in as well. There isn't much to do off-campus unless you have a car.

I love this school. The campus truly is what you make of it. The more involved you get on campus, the more people you will know, the more fun you will have. Everything works together. All clubs and organizations are supportive of each other and create a great atmosphere for students all over the University.

Marie

I am a part of a college now program which allows me to take one course each semester, the teachers are nice and their professors are slightly better than average. They’ll show you steps to take and what to do but I feel as if it’s for people who learn independently not those who need someone to teach you if that makes sense. As a high school student I felt that it would be an easy transition going to university of Hartford, it’s in a pretty nice location and they have campus shuttles for free which is really nice but it’s the most high school feeling campus I’ve been on. They offer what’s expected such as free tutoring and teacher office hours but not much else. Food is really expensive for the most part and dorms are far away from classes, walking everywhere is an issue when it’s around 35 degrees or less from November to March.

UHart is an okay school. Tuition is steep, dorms are not all that, campus life is bland, sports teams make things interesting, academically this school is a top school though. Recently there was a racism issue and the school struggled to address and handle it accordingly. I've been here for 4 years now, switched my major once, had to do sophomore year over again but they've helped me transition very well knowing I wont graduate with my peers and friends.

Ronchelle

I love my university because it has everything for each student. It is great for the students that don't live on campus and for those that do. If you are looking for something you can find it. It is also easier because there are many colleges and universities is close enough to compare. The professor tends to want the students to ask for help and have questions. If there is something you don't get there are free tutoring and other academic-related services that can help students to improve. For students that don't have a vehicle, it is easier to get around because the campus has a shuttle. It is a safe campus because campus police drive around and make sure that everything is as it should be. We also have several emergencies towers and the campus police are minutes away. Overall the University of Hartford crater to ever students needs.

Steven

Uhart is one of the best schools i saw when applying to colleges. They have great programs that will help you get an internship in any major. Professors are always available when you need them and they will help you with pretty much anything. the student to teacher ratio is amazing compared to other schools. Overall,Uhart is the school you want if you really want to learn and if you want your professor to know you by name.

Shareon

Coming here was a big mistake, Im going to try to transfer, like a lot of students do. After my freshman year, half of my friends did not come back! Tons of people here quit or transfer and only half end up graduating from here. so its kind of a waste of time.

Breyonna

If a student is looking for a small private campus then this school is perfect for them. There are about 5,000 students so class sizes are small. Campus housing is okay. Hartford is pretty expensive so a student and their family should be prepared for that.

Chris

If you are interested in a good education, this probably isn't the best place for you. High school was much more challenging. Students here are for the most part not very serious. Some try hard, though. But most just hang out for four years.

Jon

I don't like to focus on the negative, but there's not a lot of great things about UHart. The biggest problem is we have a hard time attracting good students. This is more of a "school of last resort" for almost everyone here. Better off going to a community college and transfering to a better university.

I wish our school had a more competitive reputation. Very hard to get internships or jobs from here, it's not a well known name and does not have a great reputation. Huge drug scene here. I sometimes feel that the people who come here are the kids that are not ready for further academic study and are forced to go by their parents to save face. I think that brings down the entire student body.

surya

The university is so good but i haven't attended the class and freshmen batch this year so i'm getting to know one by one but i attend the campus tour and from the experience i would say the university is so friendly atmosphere, calm and quiet and who needs help it right next door. I really loved the university and i'm business student and the barney school of business has highest review and expecting more. That's all i want to say now.

Ayanna

I think that the University of Hartford has a lot of good qualities. The campus is very pretty and has a lot of open space/fields that students can sit on to study or play sports. the university is big on small class sizes, which is a plus because it gives students a chance to become more involved in the classroom. There are plenty of clubs and groups that you can join that will fit your interests or hobbies.

Che

I love the University of Hartford. It was extremely easy to make friends and enjoy my time here on campus. It was also fairly simple to maintain great grades because almost all of the classes have amazing professors who discuss very interesting topics that can relate to us students.

esperanza

its a beautiful campus , rich from its bridge , wildlife its their and its beautiful .the dorms are Little old school and the overall building its kind off bland but its really all up to who you share that half of the floor. theirs always something going on , so your never bored

Myriam

The university of Hartford is an extremely unique and challenging school. It really brings forth some of the best Connecticut has to offer while also leaving a safe and comfortable environment for students. While it is not perfect I believe the school is exceptional in all categories.

Ariel

University of Hartford is my top choice of colleges because they have such a diverse learning community. The campus is the perfect size and they have so many opportunities for students. The campus has so many resources for students to learn and get involved in the community. The class sizes are small so students can get a better learning environment to talk to their professors one on one.

Juliana Rose

If I could give an honest review about my University, I would have to say that it’s a very diverse school and I feel like that is amazing because students get to learn about other people and their culture, and one thing that we do not tolerate is judgment. The University of Hartford is a very welcoming place, all sort of people live on the campus or commute there. The University of Hartford is the place where it has a little bit of everything for each student who arrives on campus, there is a great variety of careers to major in as well. Our mascot is Howie the hawk, we go super big when it comes down to sports, it’s something we take pride in, especially the athletes. A good thing about the University of Hartford is that although it’s a very big campus, there is always something to do. There are always events happening around the complexes, where students reside at, and it’s a great amazing benefit and opportunity for students to go out and relax their hard working studious selves. Another great benefit is that Friday through Sunday there is a shopping shuttle that takes students to main stops for students to go and do their errands or just fun adventures with friends. Something that I dislike about the University of Hartford is the dreary cafeteria also known as Commons. The breakfast is a daily routine in which becomes mind-numbing overtime. My Caesar salad consists of lifeless wilted leaves with cold tasteless pieces of chicken and the dressing that gives me pimples overnight. The food that is served is usually fast food and having too much french-fries, burgers and pizza get dull. Although there are many other options of food such as cereal, fruits, salad, and soup, over the period of time, it becomes uninteresting and unexciting except for when it’s pasta or sushi night. Even if I complain about commons’ food, I am grateful for having food, but why pay so much for something that can have an impact on your health? The University of Hartford provides other places for food such as Subway, Moes, and the famous night dining place, where students hang around to have a fun time, Hawk Nest. The University of Hartford is meant for early birds and night owls, it’s the place where everything keeps innovating and bringing new opportunities to students everyday. It's the place where you come in contact with barriers but each student has the grit to keep succeeding. If ever looking for assistance, people are willing to help as much as they can.

Obaloluwa

University of Hartford is a great university, it provides its students with the resources we require to learn and grow. The faculty is extremely nice and professional and while the school is small, it is big enough that there are always new places to discover.

samyhia

I think that the University of Hartford comes with many opportunities to try new things and allows you to see what it feels like to live without your family. It also allows you to partake in new activities and make new friends . You get to see what it is like to be in a class with over 100 kids or so and take tours and play sports and join clubs. So, i guess you can say that you will look forward to going to a college like this.

The University of Hartford is a fairly standard private school. A majority of students receive scholarships which helps bring down the private school cost. There are a lot of changes happening on campus currently so the facilities will be very new in the following years.

taj-lauren

My overall opinion on the University of Hartford is its honestly great school its a great balance between the extra activities but faculty still encourage you to want to be and do your best at this university. the class sizes are small enough where professors actually know how you learn and retain the information that they actually want you to remember. Since Hartford is a smaller private school everyone knows everyone which honestly makes the campus very homey and safe and everyone just wants to see each other happy enjoying themselves and having fun. surprisingly the food could be better especially with how much m0oney they receive yearly but other than that I am deeply in love with my school and I don't regret it and I feel like this school could really help me get to my career path successfully​.