Hilo, HI
University of Hawaii at Hilo

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Hawaii at Hilo

Aylisa

Most of them are friendly but others are very kept to them selves and don't like to make any kind of contact.

If I was to give myself advice while a senior in high school, I would tell myself to learn to prioritize more and organize my time more effectively. While a senior in high school, I didn't organize my time as well as I'd hoped to and procrastinated a lot. Now however, I have learned to settle down and to focus on all my assignments as soon as I was given it.

The best thing about my school are the teachers. Since each class is smaller than an average university, I have a better chance to get to know the teacher and a better chance for the teacher to get to know me. I also have the opportunity to ask the teacher questions and because of my concerns, the teacher will understand that I am coming to them because I need help and that I am making an effort. They will notice that I am taking the time to learn and they'll reconize me more.

Brian

Its in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

Its in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

As a high school senior, I was nervous about attending college in the near future. I thought that attending college would be a nightmare. All of the hard classes, trying to fit in with new people, juggling classes with other activities, and exploring a new place you have never been to can be quite daunting. However, once you start college all of the anxiety vanishes and it is an exciting experience! Transitioning to college life is a fun and you shouldn't worry about it at all while you are a senior in high school. It is not worth stressing out about. The memories and good times you will have in college will far outweigh any of the issues you had before arriving to your new college. Friendships will be made, classes will be far easier than you expected, and the new freedom you have being away from home will all be worth it! With that said, make the best of your senior year in high school and the college transition will come naturally.

What the facilities looked like and how big the campus was.

Simote

College life is much difficult than the high school life because it has much works to do and there are so many challenges with social relationships, therefore the only way to get rid from those problems is being consistent on study only.

The lab equipments and materials are not so perfect for learning.

My school is one of the best school, it has less total population therefore, we have high accessiblity for Professors.

Tiana

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, I would give myself the advice to have self discipline. To pretty much have the best time management; to complete all homework on time and study in advance for midterms. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships because they are attainable, and they help out tremendously especially for students who are putting themselves through college. The last bit of advice would be, don't be afraid to ask questions, because professors are willing to help.

The worst thing that i consider about my school would have to be the rain.

The most fustrating thing about my school is the parking situation.

Choose a school based on your experience and comfort level. If you want to do well in school choose a campus that offers smaller classes so you have more time to work with professors and Faculty/Staff. Don't spend all your time having fun, stay buckled down when it comes to studies. There will be plenty of time to relax and go adventuring. Also, don't room with your high school friends. Get a new roomate. That way, you'll have more friends to hang out with, and you and your old friends can still get together and hang out. As for life off campus, see and do as much as you can, and take lots of pictures for later!

Someone who wants access to the beach, fresh produce, doesn't mind the rain, and likes to go to college in an affordable university located in a small, quiet town.

Alyssa

University of Hawaii at Hilo is a great college, having everything from diversity in race to education and friendly people who become friends for life.

Choosing a college with a higher tuition doesn't mean that you'll get a better quality education. Research shows that schools from all over the country are using the exact same books for the same classes, found in various colleges. Thinking of how much time and work I put into studying for my classes at my fairly cheap college, it was impossible to think of paying 3 times more the tuition and having to be able to find the time to study for what they were paying for. I then thought to myself "this is enough work for me". I am very satisfied with my education, the people I've come in contact with, but most importantly the price of the school is what really made me believe that college was possible.

The gym is new and there's so much equiptment available. Having a high quality gym with an olympic sized swimming pool is a really good thing to encourage people to go and use the gym for their own health.

My classmates in the Marine Science department courses were very helpful and friendly.

If you know what you are going to major in find the college that offers the best degree and the best faculty and facilities for that degree. Do not procrastinate when doing homework. Always find at least one club or activity to be involved with it is a great way to make friends. Get to know professors in you rdepartment that you will have many classes with, they make great references when applying for jobs or graduate school.

If you don't want to major in marine science don't attend this school it is the only well funded department and has the only good caring faculty. If you don't like lazy staff and constant partying you shouldn't attend this school.

Jordan

U of Hawaii at Hilo is the most culturally diverse university in the world cultures from the entire Pacific Ocean; Asia, South America, North America, Europe, Africa, everywhere, are represented here. The last I heard 6 continents, all 50 states, and over 50 countries are represented.

Spread your wings and fly, don't hold back. But be honest with yourself no matter how hard it is, be honest. Set goals and keep them. Know your priorities and keep those also (That's where the honesty comes in)

The best thing about this school is that it is in Hawaii I am completely separated from the world when I need to be. A thousand miles of water in every direction. But I still have everything I need for school for life for anything available at my fingertips.

Ryan

The college experience is an obvious milestone in any persons life and needs careful consideration. To make the most of the experience and to get the most out of it careful choices need to be made. Is my school geared towards what I want to major in? Do I enjoy my surrounding campus and neighborhoods, cities? Do I get a sense of well-being while touring the facilities? Is the faculty warm and receptive? All these factors and more add up to either a positive or negative experience at the school. Get out and talk to students. Find out what they do in their free time and what they think of their classes and their school. Once enrolled don't miss the opportunity to join extra-curricular activities. Not only is it another chance to grow and learn but it's a chance to meet and make new friends that may carry on past your college career. College is a wonderful and growing time in the lives of many. Simply take the time to find out where you wish to grow and learn, you'll remeber it for the rest of your life.

The diversity amongst students, the low faculty to student ratio. The availability of the professors and the school's strides to advance as a center of education.

University of Hawaii at Hilo administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.