University of Hawaii-West Oahu Top Questions

Dustin

Anyone that is serious about advancing in their education.

Giselle

Students here seem to be more business-oriented, although the personality is very free, people here mostly go to school for business.

Brenda

Someone who is seeking a higher education (more than a 2 year degree) in a more relaxed, but professional setting.

Tina

A person who likes a small school setting would like University of Hawaii - West Oahu. I have found that the smaller schools offer more personal attention and that is motivating. When you feel like a number, it is easy to drop out as I had done in the past. Hawaii itself offers more personal encouragement from the school staff that I have found in the schools I attended in Southern California where the number of students attending was overwhelming. Another plus is that I can always find parking.

I really dont think there is a specific "type" of person but if you are like myself and don't have a lot of money to pay for school but are seeking a higher education UHWO is a great choice. I believe that by attending UHWO you are more likely to succeed simply because you are in smaller classes and you gain a sense of "community" with your classmates.

Individuals who are self-motivated to learn and achieve self-actualization through hardwork and perseverance are those who will fit best in this campus. University of Hawaii-West Oahu is a good match for those who wishes to attend smaller-size classes and lower tuition compared to other four-year universities in Hawaii. Their teacher-facilitated distance learning classes are also beneficial to those who cannot attend regular school-hours such as working students. Overall, University of Hawaii-West Oahu provides conveniences of lower tuition, smaller classes, and curriculum flexibility that fits students' needs.

Juanita

I think a person that is eager to learn and dedicated in their studies would do well at this school.

Tania

Mature, focused with a clear direction of academic/educational/occupational goals. Student should be motivated, outgoing, and open to all types of non-traditional students. Its appeal is for the non-traditional - older and/or working students who are NOT looking for the typical "college expereience" of partying. We also need students who are actively involved with school activities to help build the university up (with programs, clubs, social events, etc.)