Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Carolyn

U of H is close to home and easy to get to. They offer a good amount od evening classes so people are able to work and still attend classes.

The thing I have recieved the most from attending college is to know that I can become the boss and not just the worker. With a degree and dedication I can have my name on the front of a building and be proud of all the things I have accomplished. With out an education I feel the things in life that I want and drive myself toward would be out of my reach. I hope that the people that do want to attend college get the chance to. Having an education really does open up many doors for a person.

I wish I would have known more of the professors before attending.

Leslie

It has been a valuable experience for me to go to college. I have learned so many things about interacting with people, the importance of a structured schedule, how to manage my time efficiently, and how to balance the various social, educational, and personal aspects of life. I love learning new things and I understand that, if approached correctly, college is a wonderful resource in which to grow as individuals and discover our place in the world. As the first person in my family to go to college, I am very proud of standing up for my education and rights, and of what I have accomplished so far. I plan to continue my education until I have my Masters degree and this scholarship would help me achieve that goal.

Patricia

January will be my first semester so no classmates yet.

January will be my first semester so no classmates yet.

I recently obtained an AAS in Criminology from Galveston Community College which is great in helping me to further my career and ability to find a better job. Being able to graduate from college and have better career opportunities is a good way to instill in my daughter the importance of college for the both of us now and for her future. As a single parent it has been hard and has taken a while to finish because of having to also work a forty hour work week but rewarding in knowing that I can qualify for better job opportunities. I have accquired great study skills and habits to achieve graduation and the discipline needed to continue having success and great achievement. Attending college is also a great networking opportunity to meet new friends and to possibly establish business relationships that can prove beneficial in the long run.

January will be my first semester, but I have a friend that graduated wioth a Masters in Nursing from U of HCL and she highly recommended this location. She stated that the advisors are very helpful and students friendly and overall very nice campus and environment and that is the experience that hope to have a student at UHCL.

Sharon

My college experience has taught me the importance of staying organized and focused on the goal I have set. My goal is to have a better life through improving my education and employable skills. College is not easy while working two jobs; however, school provides me with knowledge and skills needed to move forward in the work force. Once I have graduated, I will have the ability to earn a career position that affords me the opportunity to take care of financial needs and enjoy personal time away from work.

It is small, personable, and has great student services on the entire campus.

It is small, personable, and has great student services on the entire campus.

I have had the preparation I need to become a successful elementary school teacher. I feel much more confident with the classes I have had the opportunity to take, and will now be able to implement what I know in my classroom. Without college, I would struggle to find a job and to support a family, so it is essential that I receive my degree and further my education. I am so thankful to be able to attend college, and better myself.

I wish I had been more educated on scholarships, and the financial aid system, because unless you know someone who is knowledgable on this subject you have missed out on many opportunities to help pay for schooling.

My school represents an opportunity for me to become a teacher.

My school represents an opportunity for me to become a teacher.

I have learned alot about myself and about the world in my college experiences. I realized that I really want to make a difference in the lives of children. I feel that by attending college I have been able to find myself.

My school has a great education program.

Gwendolyn

Most of my peers are professionals and range in age from 20 to 50 years young.

Most of my peers are professionals and range in age from 20 to 50 years young.

In attending UHCL, I have learned a wealth of information about life skills through my peers, professors, and internships. With my peers I have been able to practice my social skills by participating and learning in groups. Additionally, I have learned culture diversity from many of the students and events, such as theater, social gatherings, and festivals that are held at UHCL. All the professors at UHCL have a doctorate degree. They take the time to explain course work to students and make a point to be available either by email, by phone or office hours. There is student counseling available for all students and if a professor see’s that a student is struggling with course content the professor will recommend tutoring or counseling for help. I learned a great deal at UHCL that applies to real life situations and I decided to continue my Masters degree in Teaching - Curriculum and Instruction. I received hands on experience by working in a classroom setting, with a mentor for a year, before graduating. My internship was a valuable life experience. I look forward in completing my Masters degree and learning more about how to teach technology skills to students.

The worst thing about my school is there is not covered parking!

In my college experience I have gained valuable knowledge as a student and I have learned how to get from dreaming to making my dreams a reality. At Riverside Community College I have been offered many oppurtunities including visiting the university I intend to transfer to and being able to apply to their labs and meet instructors from the university and doctors from the university. Riverside Community College is an excellent community college to attand and truly the best one in my area.

maggie

I graduated high school in 2005 and didnt know what I wanted to study . I decided to take general classes in 2006 at a College in my hometown. I took classes to become a nursing student, and then realized that I would LIKE nursing, but not LOVE nursing. Someone once told me that in order to truly be good at what you do, you have to love what you are doing. I then began looking into other fields. I am now currently enrolled in the Radiologic Technology program and I love it. I am so glad that i didn’t rush into a career, but instead, decided to wait and find one that i will enjoy for the rest of my life. I have learned so much from my college experience. Things like the importance of deadlines, and responsibility. College has made me grow up tremendously. I am so happy that i am attending College. I love what i am learning and becoming, and i know that I will only have more opportunities later in life. I look forward to the day that I graduate, and feel the sense of accomplishment for all these years of hard work.

Caron

UH-CL provides a learning environment consistent with small class sizes, challenging academics, and professors who want to see you succeed.

My experience at UH-CL has been extremely rewarding. Being from a family of six children and parents with no college education I had to work full-time and attend school part-time early on. Thus it took longer to complete my college education than most students. Soon after completing my Associates Degree I met a wonderful man and put marriage and family as a priority over my college education. However, as my children became pre-teens and teenagers the urge to complete this education became stronger. Teaching and showing my children that we are never too old to fulfill our dreams was a wonderful bonding experience for myself and my family. In attending UH-CL, I was one of the older students in my classes. This afforded me the opportunity to mentor to the younger students struggling to discover what they wanted to do with their lives. Along with the quality education I received at UH-CL this opportunity to mentor and assist these younger students was one of the most rewarding opportunities I have had. Because of this I consider my time at UH-CL to be one of the most rewarding and valuable experiences I have had.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.