Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Yolanda

My college experience has been on of my greatest achievements in life. When I decided to go back to college, I was a 35 year old single mother with a special needs child and I had just achieved a soberity of 3 months. The decision to return to college was very overwhelming; however, I persevere and graduated from Houston Community College with an Associates of Arts degree and I also graduated with Honors. My acceptance into the Social Work program at the University of Houston-Clear Lake was a phenomenal milestone. My strong dedication to my educational goals is represented in my 3.4 grade point average and I am proud to say I am still clean and sober after 4 years and counting. I can truly say that I am a miracle in progress and I am grateful for the many opportunites I have been given at the UH Clear Lake and I pray that this success will lead me to a brighter future.

I can honestly say that I have that I do not have any negative personal issues with the University of Houston-Clear Lake. However, I must say that I would like to see more Afrian-American studensts on campus and I am hoping the the University will push to recruit more minorites in the near future.

First, I wished I would have known aobut the external scholarships that were available for first-time students. Also, coming into the University of Houston-Clear Lake was a culutre shock at first; however, I have been able to adjust very well to my new surroundings. What was most frustrating at UH Clear Lake was learning about where the various classroom settings, bookstore location, accessing the WEB CT protocol and memorizing all of the user ID and password codes, which were at times unbearble; however, I now have a better understanding of the whole entire process of college life.

Yvonne

This is a loving, caring school where the teachers will work with you, you gain real world experiences, and you will build friendships that will last a lifetime

It is not always important to know exactly what you want to be when you get into college. You must focus on your school work, but do not forget about taking care of yourself. Make sure what you end up studying is something you love to do, because if it is not then you will end up not enjoying the classes, not learning, and wasting time that you can never get back. Love yourself and what you do, and you will be a much happier person for it. Making friends is easy, and if they care about you, it is easy to keep them too. It is all right to let down your guard somewtimes, but do not let others push you in a direction just because they think it is what you want. You know yourself better than anyone else, and you know what works for you. Focus on the positives in life and do not let the negatives have such a profound impact on you. You can make a great deal of positive difference in this world if only try!

I love the small class sizes and indivdual attention you receive from the teachers; they really want to get to know you. The class work load may be very demanding at times, but you really learn a lot from it, and the teachers give practical application to the work.

I would definitely do things differently as a high school senior. I would be more college oriented and really become a part of the process of choosing a college. I decided to start out at community college but If I could go back I probably would have gone to a 4-year school to really get the full experience of college. I would have worked harder on and sent out more applications to schools and for scholarships to give myself more opportunities. My college career has worked out for me but I do believe I could have done better if I put more of an effort into the process.

Someone who is looking for the real college experience of greek life, and sports, or someone who is looking to live on campus.

It is close to my house and easy to get to. The classes are fun and very helpful toward my future career.

Casey

My school is very warm, inviting, and peaceful.

My school is very warm, inviting, and peaceful.

Start applying for college early. Do not wait until the last minute. If you can go to a school that you want to go to then do it. Don't let anyone or anything hold you back. Do what you want to do. Be prepared for a lot of homework and a lot of studying. Do not procratinate! Try as hard as you can and try not to stress.

James

I would go back and tell my self to not be lazy and apply for as many schorships and i possabily could. Insted of being lazy and goofing off. I would also tell myself to talk the hard road or the road less traveld. If i had applyed for all those scholrships i could have worked at school a little harder because i would have to work at dead end job as long as i did. I would tell myself to pick and engineering major. Not to flot around in a couple of different majors trying to figure out what i wanted to do. I would agin tell myself not to be so lazy. because i am not lazy at all now. I look back on things now and i used to be the type of person that thought things would take care of themselvels but i know now that the only way things get taken care of. Is if you take care of then yourself. I have a very good work ethic and i would tell myself to use it for what was most important at the time which was paper work for colleges and scholrships.

I really havent found anything i didnt like about UHCL it is a very nice college and try are very easy to deal with and get information out of. I guess the only thing i dont like about UHCL is that they do tend to loss transcrips and you have give them more than one and you have to keep checking in wirth them to make sure that when you trasfer in that they have keyed into there system.

I tell people about how nice the campuse is and all the wild life that is on campuse! because the campuse is a wild life reserve. I also talk about the teachers. The teachers at UHCL really do care about the students and try to help. I talk about the class size; i have been to an other major university where their was 300 people in a class. AT UHCL their normaly about 50 to 75 people to a class so it make learing and getting to know your professor alittle more one on one.

Sayra

I would remind myself that I need to attend a school that is more academically focused and not one that is known for parties. School studies should come first if I want to get a career and be succesful in life.

How peaceful it is, and academically challenging it is.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.