Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Ellie

I am a first time college student, and for me the overall experience of the University of Houston-Clear Lake, is one that I really enjoy. I find the classes to be a great ratio of students to professors; faculty members are always willing to help or answer questions that you may have, as well as the fact that there is plenty of different environments in which students can study.

Kassandra

It is a very nice campus. Small with great class sizes, even the lectures are fairly small. It is a nature preserve so the area is surrounded by forest and animals and its very calming. This campus is perfect for anyone looking for a calm campus to attend.

Lucero

I currently attend UHCL, and LOVE IT, it is my first semester and the class sizes are great! >30 The professors are truly amazing and are always there to help you!I love my career so far! if you are an education major you will love all the classes and the environment. The library is always very peaceful and all the tables outside in the hallways. I strongly recommend this University.

Rehan

Surrounded by a wonderful community. Quiet campus with small class sizes provides a comforting aura. In the past, I've attended three other universities as well as a community college and I can honestly say that I found this campus to be the most enjoyable. Unlike other universities, this campus has a lot less noise.

Maria
The UHCL Experience as an Accounting Major

It is pretty relaxed and nice environment to learn. Professors are great!

The UHCL Experience as an Accounting Major

It is pretty relaxed and nice environment to learn. Professors are great!

david
University of Houston Clear Lake Review by a Non-Traditional Student

University of Houston Clear Lake Review by a Non-Traditional Student

Smaller campus located in southeast Houston, in the Clear Lake Area. Quite, well laid out campus with everything easy to find. Great atmosphere and people. Faculty is wonderful and easily accessible.

Anna
An Amazing School for Any Kind of Student

An Amazing School for Any Kind of Student

The University of Houston - Clear Lake is a university that caters to all types of students. I am a transfer student who came to this school in January 2015, and I have enjoyed every minute of my experience here. Every staff member of the university (from professors to advisors to deans) is ready and willing to work with each student on a highly personal basis. Because the school is relatively small, class sizes are smaller which allows a great student-professor relationship every step of the way! If I could have gone back in time, I would have gone to this school from the beginning. It is truly a perfect fit for every type of student!

Zachary

This school is in a gorgeous location with many great amenities. The only downside that I have found with the school is that they have a third party handling parking and parking permits. They charge an arm and a leg for a parking permit (which to me should be free with the thousands we spend on tuition). Not to mention if you forget to put your permit up they charge you nearly half what you paid for the permit and refuse to approve any appeal, quite rude. Other than that complaint. the teachers are amazing and the community is even better!

I do not believe there are any stereotypes-- that I have heard of anyway. The students here are here to get an education and that is exactly what they do!

There are thousands of groups/activities to choose from, so to even attempt to name the most popular would be an insult. It all comes down to personal preference and what each person enjoys, if you like it- there's a group for it.

As I stated early, the community here is phenomenal. Everyone is very nice and friendly. Everyone is there for a purpose and that brings everyone together.

They are spot on, the academics at this university could not be any more enlightening.

Charlotte

The Psychology department.

The Psychology department.

I would not change anything about my life because I am the person I am today because of my experiences I have had. Even though I would love to tell myself not to date a couple of the men I dated. They also made me the person I am today. So I wouldn't change a thing.

Gabrielle

One of the most important factors to success in high school and college is organization. I was never an organized student in high school and I now regret it. When you are not organized, you tend to miss due dates of assignments, become overwhelmed and let valuable time pass by. Beginning my first semester in college, I knew I had to change something to keep up with the new work load and that was organization. I now have a planner by my side at all times! It helps me break down my days and stay on top off assignments. When you plan out your days/weeks/months you will value your own time more and will be motivated to get things done. Another awesome thing about organization is, you are less likely to become overwhelmed. Which takes away the stress that a lot of students experience. I also now feel a sense of accomplishment every day. When you are able to cross off things in your planner, you will feel satisfied and that will help fuel your drive for school!

The school does not have sports teams. I believe sports teach students dedication and discipline. Sports bring people together and it allows other schools to connect easily. It is a small campus but a few sports teams would be awesome!

If you are someone who loves to network or wants to start networkimg, University of Houston-Clear Lake is for you. The campus has a great amount of resources on how to begin networking and networking opurtunies with the community. Employers love the students at UHCL and that is a bonus to being a hawk!

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.