Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Rehan

Surrounded by a wonderful community. Quiet campus with small class sizes provides a comforting aura. In the past, I've attended three other universities as well as a community college and I can honestly say that I found this campus to be the most enjoyable. Unlike other universities, this campus has a lot less noise.

Maria
The UHCL Experience as an Accounting Major

It is pretty relaxed and nice environment to learn. Professors are great!

The UHCL Experience as an Accounting Major

It is pretty relaxed and nice environment to learn. Professors are great!

david
University of Houston Clear Lake Review by a Non-Traditional Student

University of Houston Clear Lake Review by a Non-Traditional Student

Smaller campus located in southeast Houston, in the Clear Lake Area. Quite, well laid out campus with everything easy to find. Great atmosphere and people. Faculty is wonderful and easily accessible.

Anna
An Amazing School for Any Kind of Student

An Amazing School for Any Kind of Student

The University of Houston - Clear Lake is a university that caters to all types of students. I am a transfer student who came to this school in January 2015, and I have enjoyed every minute of my experience here. Every staff member of the university (from professors to advisors to deans) is ready and willing to work with each student on a highly personal basis. Because the school is relatively small, class sizes are smaller which allows a great student-professor relationship every step of the way! If I could have gone back in time, I would have gone to this school from the beginning. It is truly a perfect fit for every type of student!

Zachary

This school is in a gorgeous location with many great amenities. The only downside that I have found with the school is that they have a third party handling parking and parking permits. They charge an arm and a leg for a parking permit (which to me should be free with the thousands we spend on tuition). Not to mention if you forget to put your permit up they charge you nearly half what you paid for the permit and refuse to approve any appeal, quite rude. Other than that complaint. the teachers are amazing and the community is even better!

I do not believe there are any stereotypes-- that I have heard of anyway. The students here are here to get an education and that is exactly what they do!

There are thousands of groups/activities to choose from, so to even attempt to name the most popular would be an insult. It all comes down to personal preference and what each person enjoys, if you like it- there's a group for it.

As I stated early, the community here is phenomenal. Everyone is very nice and friendly. Everyone is there for a purpose and that brings everyone together.

They are spot on, the academics at this university could not be any more enlightening.

Charlotte

The Psychology department.

The Psychology department.

I would not change anything about my life because I am the person I am today because of my experiences I have had. Even though I would love to tell myself not to date a couple of the men I dated. They also made me the person I am today. So I wouldn't change a thing.

Gabrielle

One of the most important factors to success in high school and college is organization. I was never an organized student in high school and I now regret it. When you are not organized, you tend to miss due dates of assignments, become overwhelmed and let valuable time pass by. Beginning my first semester in college, I knew I had to change something to keep up with the new work load and that was organization. I now have a planner by my side at all times! It helps me break down my days and stay on top off assignments. When you plan out your days/weeks/months you will value your own time more and will be motivated to get things done. Another awesome thing about organization is, you are less likely to become overwhelmed. Which takes away the stress that a lot of students experience. I also now feel a sense of accomplishment every day. When you are able to cross off things in your planner, you will feel satisfied and that will help fuel your drive for school!

The school does not have sports teams. I believe sports teach students dedication and discipline. Sports bring people together and it allows other schools to connect easily. It is a small campus but a few sports teams would be awesome!

If you are someone who loves to network or wants to start networkimg, University of Houston-Clear Lake is for you. The campus has a great amount of resources on how to begin networking and networking opurtunies with the community. Employers love the students at UHCL and that is a bonus to being a hawk!

McKenzi

Going back in time, I would tell myself to start looking into college and financing it earlier than I did, which was spring semester. What I'm now seeing is that it is very difficult to find scholarships that I'm eligible for. Another thing I would tell myself is to get a teacher to write you recommendation letters. This is also somehting I am needing but don't have.

I think the only type of person who shouldn't attend University of Houston - Clear Lake is one who does not care about their future. So far, my impression of the university is that it is very dedicated to the success of its students and anyone who does not share that same goal of success, probably shouldn't attend.

The only frustrating thing that I've come across at the University of Houston - Clear Lake is that they don't have a football team. I do love a good game of football but I can go to main campus for that.

jessica

The best advice anyone could receive would come from them, since no one know you better than you. If I could go back in time and give advice to my high school senior self I would defiantly take the opportunity. Although I would not change the school I am attending, the advice I would give myself would focus on what I could do to have a more memorable experience. My first advice would be to not underestimate the difficulty of my classes or overestimate my level of understanding of my classes; this is because in my first year at the University of Houston Clear Lake (UHCL) I did not do well in all of my classes. I would also advice myself to not give up on my dreams no matter how hard it gets or how alone I feel because the people around me will always be there for me to help and support me in any way they can. My final advice to myself would be to join more clubs and organizations at UHCL because they allow you to make friends more easily and because it will be beneficial to have a diverse background when applying to law school.

the worst thing about my school is that there is not a wide variety of courses offered at all the campuses. most of the classes are at the main campus and the same classes are offered at the other campus each semester.

since this is a non traditional school I would reccommended this school to adults looking to go back to school, they have very flexible schedules.

The greatest life lesson is to learn to follow your heart. It will tell you where your passion resides. Be wise in degree selection and ensure that you pursue a life and career you are passionate about. With passion learning will intrigue the deepest parts of you. Patience and commitment are the two truest attributes of will power. Your willpower will be tested throughout your education. Never give up. Education is a process that brings you more clarity on whom you are and who you want to be in. Most of all have the confidence to stay committed. Invest time in the university you attend. Connect with the faculty and students. Do not limit yourself by fear or insecurity. You are attending a learning institution in which curiosity is pivotal to exploration; do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask questions of others as well as yourself and enjoy the ride.

The diversity at University of Houston-Clear Lake is its most powerful factor. Both the faculty and student body hold diverse backgrounds combined with diverse and unique perspectives which are welcomed in the classroom. This facilitates a strong enriched learning experience at this campus as well adding enhancement to the coursework. Most importantly, the faculty and students learn life lessons, communication skills, as well as diversity management, which are all beneficial in any career. The collaborating efforts at this school because of the diverse atmosphere set it apart from most college experiences.

Balancing a school-life balance is the most frustrating factor at University of Houston-Clear Lake. Most of the student body is comprised by full-time working adults looking to further their career, as well as by full-time parents. Because of the many other obligations which consume the student body, extracurricular activities and weekend events at the university are often scarce in attendance. Unfortunately this inhibits the amount of school spirit. In spite of these other obligations, the student pride is heightened because of the many obstacles which are necessary to overcome.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.