Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Charlotte

The Psychology department.

The Psychology department.

I would not change anything about my life because I am the person I am today because of my experiences I have had. Even though I would love to tell myself not to date a couple of the men I dated. They also made me the person I am today. So I wouldn't change a thing.

Gabrielle

One of the most important factors to success in high school and college is organization. I was never an organized student in high school and I now regret it. When you are not organized, you tend to miss due dates of assignments, become overwhelmed and let valuable time pass by. Beginning my first semester in college, I knew I had to change something to keep up with the new work load and that was organization. I now have a planner by my side at all times! It helps me break down my days and stay on top off assignments. When you plan out your days/weeks/months you will value your own time more and will be motivated to get things done. Another awesome thing about organization is, you are less likely to become overwhelmed. Which takes away the stress that a lot of students experience. I also now feel a sense of accomplishment every day. When you are able to cross off things in your planner, you will feel satisfied and that will help fuel your drive for school!

The school does not have sports teams. I believe sports teach students dedication and discipline. Sports bring people together and it allows other schools to connect easily. It is a small campus but a few sports teams would be awesome!

If you are someone who loves to network or wants to start networkimg, University of Houston-Clear Lake is for you. The campus has a great amount of resources on how to begin networking and networking opurtunies with the community. Employers love the students at UHCL and that is a bonus to being a hawk!

McKenzi

Going back in time, I would tell myself to start looking into college and financing it earlier than I did, which was spring semester. What I'm now seeing is that it is very difficult to find scholarships that I'm eligible for. Another thing I would tell myself is to get a teacher to write you recommendation letters. This is also somehting I am needing but don't have.

I think the only type of person who shouldn't attend University of Houston - Clear Lake is one who does not care about their future. So far, my impression of the university is that it is very dedicated to the success of its students and anyone who does not share that same goal of success, probably shouldn't attend.

The only frustrating thing that I've come across at the University of Houston - Clear Lake is that they don't have a football team. I do love a good game of football but I can go to main campus for that.

jessica

The best advice anyone could receive would come from them, since no one know you better than you. If I could go back in time and give advice to my high school senior self I would defiantly take the opportunity. Although I would not change the school I am attending, the advice I would give myself would focus on what I could do to have a more memorable experience. My first advice would be to not underestimate the difficulty of my classes or overestimate my level of understanding of my classes; this is because in my first year at the University of Houston Clear Lake (UHCL) I did not do well in all of my classes. I would also advice myself to not give up on my dreams no matter how hard it gets or how alone I feel because the people around me will always be there for me to help and support me in any way they can. My final advice to myself would be to join more clubs and organizations at UHCL because they allow you to make friends more easily and because it will be beneficial to have a diverse background when applying to law school.

the worst thing about my school is that there is not a wide variety of courses offered at all the campuses. most of the classes are at the main campus and the same classes are offered at the other campus each semester.

since this is a non traditional school I would reccommended this school to adults looking to go back to school, they have very flexible schedules.

The greatest life lesson is to learn to follow your heart. It will tell you where your passion resides. Be wise in degree selection and ensure that you pursue a life and career you are passionate about. With passion learning will intrigue the deepest parts of you. Patience and commitment are the two truest attributes of will power. Your willpower will be tested throughout your education. Never give up. Education is a process that brings you more clarity on whom you are and who you want to be in. Most of all have the confidence to stay committed. Invest time in the university you attend. Connect with the faculty and students. Do not limit yourself by fear or insecurity. You are attending a learning institution in which curiosity is pivotal to exploration; do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask questions of others as well as yourself and enjoy the ride.

The diversity at University of Houston-Clear Lake is its most powerful factor. Both the faculty and student body hold diverse backgrounds combined with diverse and unique perspectives which are welcomed in the classroom. This facilitates a strong enriched learning experience at this campus as well adding enhancement to the coursework. Most importantly, the faculty and students learn life lessons, communication skills, as well as diversity management, which are all beneficial in any career. The collaborating efforts at this school because of the diverse atmosphere set it apart from most college experiences.

Balancing a school-life balance is the most frustrating factor at University of Houston-Clear Lake. Most of the student body is comprised by full-time working adults looking to further their career, as well as by full-time parents. Because of the many other obligations which consume the student body, extracurricular activities and weekend events at the university are often scarce in attendance. Unfortunately this inhibits the amount of school spirit. In spite of these other obligations, the student pride is heightened because of the many obstacles which are necessary to overcome.

sarah

When I was a high school senior I was a complete mess. I had average grades and was planning on attending a 4-year college; However, I had no idea where I wanted to go or who I wanted to be. The worst mistake I made was thinking that I needed to know all of these things when most people generally do not know what they want to do with their lives. I was either going to attend my backup school or go to my community college. I finally came to the realization that Community College was the right track for me. I was student like many who did not think very highly of community colleges. When I finally decided to enroll in Las Positas College I realized that it was the best decision for me. It saved me tons of money and gave me time to really find out who I am as a person and my passions in life are. If I could give not just myself advice but all high school students it would be to go to a community college; it will change your life and outlook on education.

Danielle

Given the rare opportunity to speak to myself as a high school senior I would say "young one" this is what you do. Keep your gpa at a 3.7 or above because a 3.5 isn't high enough to qualify for as many grants or scholarships that are available. I would also inform my younger self to take as many AP courses as my high school offers as well as college courses that are offered at the local college for graduating high school seniors. In doing this one can accelerate the completion of your undergraduate education. This is especially beneficial if you are planning to complete a pre-professional major such as pre-med, pre-law, or any graduate school program that is lengthy. This tactic allows you to reach your masters, doctorate, or Ph D. swiftly. Also save as much money as you can from summer jobs, scholarships, etc. College is expensive and not being financially sound or at least a little secure can be stressful when you also have to deal with midterms, tests, assignments, and final. And last, "Do what you have to do, so you may do what you want"- Forest Whitaker

Patric

I grew up in Reno, Nevada. A city of gambling drunkards for all I could see. High-school was not challenging. I excelled with little effort. It did not push me to apply myself, nor did it instill much hope of doing anything worthwhile with my life. I was withdrawn and self-destructive because the society I saw through my angry tears was filth, rot, and decay. After nearly dying in a car wreck, I had a "good excuse" to just survive. By then I was well into my addiction to marijuana and alcohol. I would not change that because today I teach others to stay sober. That worked out well when the flop met the river. I would, however, give myself hope. By teaching myself about accountability and discipline I would do my durndest to break my habits of procrastination and blaming the world. I would still say that degrees and diplomas do not make people. Grades and test scores do not say anything about character or what a person can achieve. Instead it is what I learn and how I apply it, so I would push myself to learn as much as possible from all aspects of life.

The professors, location, and classroom size. Because it is a commuter campus my classmates are all more mature and focused on learning. It also keeps the size of the classes down, so the classroom is more personal. My professors have all been very knowledgable, encouraging, and open minded. All these factors together create an intimate atmosphere that helps me focus on learning what I can in order to help other humans.

I cannot petition to take some graduate level courses that would be beneficial to me and the undergraduate courses don't include any applied counseling skills. I'm a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor and would like to enhance my skills by taking some courses in counseling, like group therapy, that are only offered at the graduate level. While I have had this training before and have been facilitating groups for 3 years, I feel I could always improve. Unfortunately, I have to accept the fact that I am still an undergraduate and must educate myself out of class.

Deahann

As a senior, I would go to college right after high school. In my opinion my life would be totally different if I would have persued my education. I did not realize until later in life how smart I am. I can honsetly say, I did not have that opportunity that my children have.

A new campus was built by my house and a lot of the classes are not available at night.

michael

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior and apply the knowledge that I know today, I would seek out a career counselor and ask them to explore and discuss with me, my abilities, how they relate to careers of my personal interests, and degrees that would help me establish those careers. Having some direction seems to be a tremendous asset for a young persons life. Career goals being established and achieved could have numerous positive effects on individuals lives and their communities.

I believe this campus is great for all types of students, especially those who work full time and need to take night classes. UHCL offers classes all week throughout the entire day, for all types of degrees.

Somebody looking for a large campus social atmoshpere would probably not want to attend this campus. Many students are here attending because it is convient with their work or family schedule. We do have events, just not like a large fout year university.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.