Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Maria

The University of Houston Clear Lake is one of the few schools accredited by NCATE. The passing rates for educators is 99%. It does a wonderful job in helping undergraduates with the transfer of a 2 year college. The advisors also do a wonderful job helping students figure out the best and easiest way to achieve their goals.

Most important, knowledge. Everyday I learn something new that I can productively use in my career as an educator. The university does a fantastic job helping prepare for real life scenerios. It is important becuase I know that educators are needed in order to prepare our children in various ways. My experiences in college and the university had taught me how important an education is, because we can only learn from the experienced, our professors.

Because advisors would attend regularly my 2 year college, they made it very simple of the steps I needed to take to become a student at the UHCL. Therefore, I felt they gave me all the information I needed.

Kevuaghn

My school is best known for its education program for teachers. I've been told that upon gratuation from UHCL's teacher's certification program it will be quite easy to get a job.

Through my college experiences, I have gained many new virtues, the ones that already existed prior to college have been strengthened to immeasurable proportions, and I am now completely aware of the ones that I need to work on either obtaining or gaining strength in. I strongly believe that a college education should benefit the entire person and not just increase an individual’s mental abilities. As I think of the many difficulties along the way, I know that it this because of the virtue, perseverance, that I have not given up on this goal that I set for myself a long time ago. It has been valuable for me to attend college not only because of the priceless knowledge I have attained from the many courses I have taken, but also because of the better person I am becoming. I’ve heard that it is the valleys that we grow. Simply stated, my college experience has caused me to grow and mature in areas that I probably would not have otherwise. It has been invaluable for me to attend because due to the many challenges, one day I will blossom and bear fruit!

The worst thing about my school is the frequency of classes offered.. Not all classes are offered evey semester and some are only offered once during the entire semester!

Through my college education I have gained a sense of empowerment. Being a first generation college student from a single parent family, it has sometimes been hard to find support, both emotionally and financially, to make it to this point in my education. Nevertheless, with my graduation date only a few semesters away, I am overcome by a sense of accomplishment. I have fallen in love with the academic process and plan to pursue a life of learning and educating in hopes of giving another young scholar the same feeling of enlightenment and empowerment I experienced thanks to some of the wonderful professors I have had the privilege of studying under. I can't help but daydream about the excitement graduate school will bring considering the passion I have found in my undergraduate studies!

Geared towards untraditional student.

Most classes are in the evening.

Stacey

University of Houston – Clear Lake aims to benefit non-traditional transfer students.

The most important and profound items I have gotten from my college experience is growth and appreciation. After I had my first daughter, it became clear to me that earning a degree was not something that you just “do.” Earning a degree is an experience, test of motivation and dedication, a challenge and a journey that brings you to a sense of mental and physical success. Seeing my children and having so many goals and hopes for them even as infants brought me to the realization that I could only expect so much, before I had to lead by example. Throughout my journey I have grown from a child to an adult though education, life experience, and seeing so many others who have conquered their own endeavors to reach their goals and dreams. I feel like an education is so important because it gives you the necessary perspective of being just a small part of big world. Being humble gives allows you to be confident in what you do know, but realize that there is vast amount of knowledge that others can give. As long as you can continue to learn, you will always be able to grow.

The best thing about my school is that there are many night class options. I am a non-traditional student and University Houston – Clear Lake aims to meet the needs of returning, working students. I am able to work, take care of my children and attend school without having to worry about if the classes I need are available when I need them.

So far my college experience has been valuable to me because it helped me figure out which degree I really wanted to pursue. From high school I decided to go straight to a community college because I was not fully confident in pursuing a degree in architecture. I jumped around between architectural drafting and engineering while at the college. I knew I wanted a degree that was design based I just could not find the right one. After a year or so I had almost completed my AA and realized that I still was not confident in a career choice. My last semester before my AA I decided to take a variety of electic classes. It was because of this decision that I finally found what I was looking for. Now I am majoring in graphic design and am fully content and confident with my decision. Finally finding a worthy career that I can look forward to is the most valuable thing that I could have ever hoped for.

Donna

The highly qualified graduates of their certified teaching degrees.

The highly qualified graduates of their certified teaching degrees.

My college experience has given me confidence in my ability to suceed in any academic endeavor as well as personal goals. A college education is something I always wanted but because of life circumstances I was not able to accomplish earlier in life. I hope to inspire others returning to further thier education , cancer survivors such as myself, mothers, grandmothers, and people of all ages. I want others to know that they can overcome what seems to be insurmountable odds and that it is never too late for an education. Better to be a late bloomer, than never to bloom at all!

The quality of education provided by amazing teachers!

Sandra

Most students seemed intrested in doing the bare minimum to pass classes.

Most students seemed intrested in doing the bare minimum to pass classes.

Obviously I got a degree, so that was valuable. However, I'm currently nor have I ever used it. With the exception of a few classes, I learned nothing in college that I did not already know. My college experience was nothing more than a refresher course that lasted 4 years. The only value I got out of my college experience is my degree which will allow me to get into a masters program, which I hope will change my cynical opinions on the over priced higher education system.

I wish I had known the academic advisors were not very helpful, or organized. Also, that the classes listed in the catolog are not always available, there were several classes i wanted to take but they were never being taught.

Kalea

I would say so far I have learned to multi-task and manage my time. It is really exciting to know that every class I finish is getting me one step closer to working in my dream field! The people I have met along the way both peers as well as instructor's have been a big asset in keeping me focused on my career path. Someday I will get my degree and be working at my ideal job and with this scholarship it would help me to get to Unity in Maine to finish out my college years and graduate from the college of my dreams.

University of Houston- Clear Lake is known for its diversity; throughout the campus you can often see the diversity among students all studying and working together. When I think of the campus, I think of nature; the campus is maintained beautifully and is known for deer, there are also near by ponds that are often inhabited by alligators. My University is well known for Business Administration and Business Finance program; these are both great career paths for students. University of Houston- Clear Lake campus is not a huge school, and I think that is what really motivated me to attend.

My college experience has turned me into a more responsible individual in many aspects. It has given me a sense of worth and also gives me a boost of confidence. Not only have I learned interesting and valuable information from the classes that I have attended, but I have learned life lessons. Listening to lectures from my professors and comments or opinions from my fellow classmates motivates me to want to attend class. I especially like when I can refer back or relate to the material that I have learned in class to real life situations; that is how I can really tell that I am benefiting from my classes. I have felt satisfaction throughout my college experience so far and that also motivates me. I used to be a person who would say "college is just not for me," and I try to inspire my friends who think or say the same thing. The day that I walk on that stage to receive my diploma will probably be one of the most proud moments for me and my parents. That is was I look forward to the most!

Before I began to attend University of Houston-Clear Lake, I wish I had known how important it was to have an education. I am thirty-one years of age and if I had taken my education a little more serious, then I would have been finished at this point. I have learned to get my priorities straight and determine what is more important. I had to learn to push myself towards this goal and I am so proud of where I am at right now even though I do regret no staying on track from the very beginning.

Gregorio

My classmates at UH-CL are the eager young minds of today who have launched out into the deep sea of higher learning and are committed to give their best strive all the way to the finish line.

I am on a mission. As a first generation college student in my family I have been a trailblazer for the generations that follow. One day I will look up and rejoice as my hat and tassel fly high in the air above me knowing I will be well prepared for what my future holds. Only then will my mission be complete. However, I recognize that my mission is not a selfish one because I know I am paving the way for my two younger siblings and the dozens of little cousins that look up to me. My mission is also not impossible because through my college experience I have learned the meaning of stick-to-it-ive-ness and sacrifice. Therefore, I cannot and will not stop nor surrender, so help me God, because there is so much more at risk than just what I now possess in my own two hands. Hence, my true value in attending college is for the understanding that the light produced by my example will spark the way for not only my family whom l love so dearly, but also for everybody around me. Bottom-line, my mission is for success and significance.

The worst thing about my school is the distance I have to travel to get to campus. It would be so much better for me to uproot and move closer but I am also committed to where I’m planted right now. However, since I value the Criminology Program UH-CL offers and their quality of education, I make the sacrifice to attend class yet another semester.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.