Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Kalea

I would say so far I have learned to multi-task and manage my time. It is really exciting to know that every class I finish is getting me one step closer to working in my dream field! The people I have met along the way both peers as well as instructor's have been a big asset in keeping me focused on my career path. Someday I will get my degree and be working at my ideal job and with this scholarship it would help me to get to Unity in Maine to finish out my college years and graduate from the college of my dreams.

University of Houston- Clear Lake is known for its diversity; throughout the campus you can often see the diversity among students all studying and working together. When I think of the campus, I think of nature; the campus is maintained beautifully and is known for deer, there are also near by ponds that are often inhabited by alligators. My University is well known for Business Administration and Business Finance program; these are both great career paths for students. University of Houston- Clear Lake campus is not a huge school, and I think that is what really motivated me to attend.

My college experience has turned me into a more responsible individual in many aspects. It has given me a sense of worth and also gives me a boost of confidence. Not only have I learned interesting and valuable information from the classes that I have attended, but I have learned life lessons. Listening to lectures from my professors and comments or opinions from my fellow classmates motivates me to want to attend class. I especially like when I can refer back or relate to the material that I have learned in class to real life situations; that is how I can really tell that I am benefiting from my classes. I have felt satisfaction throughout my college experience so far and that also motivates me. I used to be a person who would say "college is just not for me," and I try to inspire my friends who think or say the same thing. The day that I walk on that stage to receive my diploma will probably be one of the most proud moments for me and my parents. That is was I look forward to the most!

Before I began to attend University of Houston-Clear Lake, I wish I had known how important it was to have an education. I am thirty-one years of age and if I had taken my education a little more serious, then I would have been finished at this point. I have learned to get my priorities straight and determine what is more important. I had to learn to push myself towards this goal and I am so proud of where I am at right now even though I do regret no staying on track from the very beginning.

Gregorio

My classmates at UH-CL are the eager young minds of today who have launched out into the deep sea of higher learning and are committed to give their best strive all the way to the finish line.

I am on a mission. As a first generation college student in my family I have been a trailblazer for the generations that follow. One day I will look up and rejoice as my hat and tassel fly high in the air above me knowing I will be well prepared for what my future holds. Only then will my mission be complete. However, I recognize that my mission is not a selfish one because I know I am paving the way for my two younger siblings and the dozens of little cousins that look up to me. My mission is also not impossible because through my college experience I have learned the meaning of stick-to-it-ive-ness and sacrifice. Therefore, I cannot and will not stop nor surrender, so help me God, because there is so much more at risk than just what I now possess in my own two hands. Hence, my true value in attending college is for the understanding that the light produced by my example will spark the way for not only my family whom l love so dearly, but also for everybody around me. Bottom-line, my mission is for success and significance.

The worst thing about my school is the distance I have to travel to get to campus. It would be so much better for me to uproot and move closer but I am also committed to where I’m planted right now. However, since I value the Criminology Program UH-CL offers and their quality of education, I make the sacrifice to attend class yet another semester.

Norma

I have been wrestling with the answer to a question I was asked in the fourth grade. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Since I entered Valencia College with no idea of what I should major in; I started with a General A.A. Degree. In the three years since, I have had the chance to continue where high school left off and further my education. My most valuable experience is that I have been able to learn who I am and what I would like to do with my life. Remember the question I was asked? Well it was while I was at Valencia College that I had the chance to take a career placement test. Because of it and help from the counselors at the Career Answer Center I finally had my answer. That in itself is why it has been valuable to attend Valencia College and since then I have been preparing for my major in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Not only do I finally know what major I should go for, but they have helped me find the best school for it. Rosen College, here I come!

Andrea

I've just started attending college again after a long break and I am excited to graduate and get out in the world and start helping people. Having a child and going to school at the same time is very challenging and rewarding at the same time because I know that through all the late nights and early mornings that this degree is going to benefit my family as well as myself.

Yadira

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is an open and friendly environment!

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is an open and friendly environment!

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is well known for their great School of Education, with amazing proffesors. I have heard that they are the best "teachers for future teachers."

I achieved my Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education within a year and a half. I learned from my college experience that it is best to give it all you have, by putting in as much effort as possible. That is what I have been doing, I want to finish my education as fast as possible so that I can become a teacher as soon as possible. It is valuable to attend college to aid in building your knowledge. I want to continue building my knowledge once I become a teacher by working towards my masters degree to eventually become an assistant principal.

Rosita

The people that attend the University of Houston-Clear Lake come from a wide array of demographics, and through their diverse backgrounds, educate others about topics that are necessary for a complete liberal understanding of the world around them.

Embarking on my journey toward achieving a degree at a higher education institution has allowed me to digest the meaning of the cliche "learning never ends". After attending my primary school of choice, and opting to transfer to a different intitution, I felt like I had learned about every aspect of the college experience. I thought to myself, "my experiences and background makes me a more educated pupil than my other peers." After taking a few classes and learning about the different cultures that I had never been exposed to though, I found out no matter how smart I thought I was, I wasn't any better than the person sitting next to me. I possessed the same amount of knowledge; the only difference was the content of the knowledge in which I possessed in comparison to my peers. There was so much that I could offer to them, and so much they could offer me to aid my understand of the world. All I had to do was express my willingness to learn. College has taught me that it doesn't matter what chapter you are at in your life, there is always room for learning...it never ends.

People who are not willing to engage in expressing their own understanding and ventures in life, as well as the exploration of others, should not attend this school. The University of Houston- Clear Lake is a place where even those that are mistakenly "close-minded" are free to address their own worldly understanding, and with further education can morph and redevelop their philosophies into more sophiscated assertions. Those who possess a seemingly liberal view on life are able to further immerse themselves into a world of discovery that will further them toward their endeavors.

Christa

University of Houston - Clear Lake is not only progressive and demanding but comfortable and laid back as well.

I will be graduating in May and college has played an important role in who I have become. Not only have I learned technical skill in visual art that I am proud of, I have gained a confidence and courage that I never thought I would possess. With the help and encouragement of faculty, family and students I have become not only disciplined, but more creative and cognizant of social issues in my community. UHCL has given me a place to have a voice, one that will guide me as an artist for the rest of my life. I will always look back on this time with joy and humbleness. No matter what path I take this is the foundation that will make it all possible. I am grateful that I have had this amazing opportunity and look foward to going on to graduate school as well.

I think the wonderful professors are what make this school such an amazing place. The willingness of faculty to spend extra time and cultivate a classroom environment that is conducive to all types of learning styles is something that I had not experienced until I came to this school. I am also grateful for the small class sizes and how well prepared most all proffesors I have had are each day. If one is willing to work hard, there is always support available.

Melissa

Not one of my classmates has been the same as another. I have gained friends, study partners, and people to network with. I enjoy school more for learning than the social aspect, but have gained alot from people that I have met.

I have gained extreme amounts of knowledge from my schooling experience. Not only intelectual, but also ways of living and how to be more social. Speaking to instructors and classmates has really helped me excel in the real word. I have gained employment and volunteer opportunities by being more outgoing. School has also helped me be more driven to reach my career goal. I cannot wait to get into my work field and practice everything I have learned. I look up to all of my instructors for all of the time they have put into my education for me to grow.

I would have acquired better study skills from my high school and previous junior college. I have had to try many options myself because I was not fully prepared by school instructors.

The students at UHCL are slightly older than the average student (probably late 20s-and 30s) and they typically have families and work full time. That is why 70% of the classes offered here are online or night classes. They are determined to get their degree but it may take them longer than the typical student due to their additional responsibilities.

My college experience has expanded my knowledge of other cultures and of other people within my own culture. I am more empathetic to other people's experiences because of my college experience. This is true both in the modern sense as I interact with my community every day and in the historical sense, as I research, study, and write about people in the past. I am a history major with an emphasis in women's studies. I was taught to doubt my opinions until the research backed them up. Actually we were taught that unless we had discovered something contrary to our initial instincts, we had not done enough research. This mindset works well both in historical research and in our world today, where complex ideas are distilled into seconds-long soundbites that can easily miss reality.

The professors desire for the students to succeed. Our professors understood that we worked full time and had other responsibilities. They were extremely willing to work with us in regards to deadlines and help on papers, as long as the quality of the work when it was turned in did not falter.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.