Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Norma

I have been wrestling with the answer to a question I was asked in the fourth grade. “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Since I entered Valencia College with no idea of what I should major in; I started with a General A.A. Degree. In the three years since, I have had the chance to continue where high school left off and further my education. My most valuable experience is that I have been able to learn who I am and what I would like to do with my life. Remember the question I was asked? Well it was while I was at Valencia College that I had the chance to take a career placement test. Because of it and help from the counselors at the Career Answer Center I finally had my answer. That in itself is why it has been valuable to attend Valencia College and since then I have been preparing for my major in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Not only do I finally know what major I should go for, but they have helped me find the best school for it. Rosen College, here I come!

Andrea

I've just started attending college again after a long break and I am excited to graduate and get out in the world and start helping people. Having a child and going to school at the same time is very challenging and rewarding at the same time because I know that through all the late nights and early mornings that this degree is going to benefit my family as well as myself.

Yadira

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is an open and friendly environment!

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is an open and friendly environment!

The University of Houston, Clear Lake is well known for their great School of Education, with amazing proffesors. I have heard that they are the best "teachers for future teachers."

I achieved my Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education within a year and a half. I learned from my college experience that it is best to give it all you have, by putting in as much effort as possible. That is what I have been doing, I want to finish my education as fast as possible so that I can become a teacher as soon as possible. It is valuable to attend college to aid in building your knowledge. I want to continue building my knowledge once I become a teacher by working towards my masters degree to eventually become an assistant principal.

Rosita

The people that attend the University of Houston-Clear Lake come from a wide array of demographics, and through their diverse backgrounds, educate others about topics that are necessary for a complete liberal understanding of the world around them.

Embarking on my journey toward achieving a degree at a higher education institution has allowed me to digest the meaning of the cliche "learning never ends". After attending my primary school of choice, and opting to transfer to a different intitution, I felt like I had learned about every aspect of the college experience. I thought to myself, "my experiences and background makes me a more educated pupil than my other peers." After taking a few classes and learning about the different cultures that I had never been exposed to though, I found out no matter how smart I thought I was, I wasn't any better than the person sitting next to me. I possessed the same amount of knowledge; the only difference was the content of the knowledge in which I possessed in comparison to my peers. There was so much that I could offer to them, and so much they could offer me to aid my understand of the world. All I had to do was express my willingness to learn. College has taught me that it doesn't matter what chapter you are at in your life, there is always room for learning...it never ends.

People who are not willing to engage in expressing their own understanding and ventures in life, as well as the exploration of others, should not attend this school. The University of Houston- Clear Lake is a place where even those that are mistakenly "close-minded" are free to address their own worldly understanding, and with further education can morph and redevelop their philosophies into more sophiscated assertions. Those who possess a seemingly liberal view on life are able to further immerse themselves into a world of discovery that will further them toward their endeavors.

Christa

University of Houston - Clear Lake is not only progressive and demanding but comfortable and laid back as well.

I will be graduating in May and college has played an important role in who I have become. Not only have I learned technical skill in visual art that I am proud of, I have gained a confidence and courage that I never thought I would possess. With the help and encouragement of faculty, family and students I have become not only disciplined, but more creative and cognizant of social issues in my community. UHCL has given me a place to have a voice, one that will guide me as an artist for the rest of my life. I will always look back on this time with joy and humbleness. No matter what path I take this is the foundation that will make it all possible. I am grateful that I have had this amazing opportunity and look foward to going on to graduate school as well.

I think the wonderful professors are what make this school such an amazing place. The willingness of faculty to spend extra time and cultivate a classroom environment that is conducive to all types of learning styles is something that I had not experienced until I came to this school. I am also grateful for the small class sizes and how well prepared most all proffesors I have had are each day. If one is willing to work hard, there is always support available.

Melissa

Not one of my classmates has been the same as another. I have gained friends, study partners, and people to network with. I enjoy school more for learning than the social aspect, but have gained alot from people that I have met.

I have gained extreme amounts of knowledge from my schooling experience. Not only intelectual, but also ways of living and how to be more social. Speaking to instructors and classmates has really helped me excel in the real word. I have gained employment and volunteer opportunities by being more outgoing. School has also helped me be more driven to reach my career goal. I cannot wait to get into my work field and practice everything I have learned. I look up to all of my instructors for all of the time they have put into my education for me to grow.

I would have acquired better study skills from my high school and previous junior college. I have had to try many options myself because I was not fully prepared by school instructors.

The students at UHCL are slightly older than the average student (probably late 20s-and 30s) and they typically have families and work full time. That is why 70% of the classes offered here are online or night classes. They are determined to get their degree but it may take them longer than the typical student due to their additional responsibilities.

My college experience has expanded my knowledge of other cultures and of other people within my own culture. I am more empathetic to other people's experiences because of my college experience. This is true both in the modern sense as I interact with my community every day and in the historical sense, as I research, study, and write about people in the past. I am a history major with an emphasis in women's studies. I was taught to doubt my opinions until the research backed them up. Actually we were taught that unless we had discovered something contrary to our initial instincts, we had not done enough research. This mindset works well both in historical research and in our world today, where complex ideas are distilled into seconds-long soundbites that can easily miss reality.

The professors desire for the students to succeed. Our professors understood that we worked full time and had other responsibilities. They were extremely willing to work with us in regards to deadlines and help on papers, as long as the quality of the work when it was turned in did not falter.

Jatinder

I am learning a lot about healthcare in United States. when i joined the school my knowledge about healthcare in U.S. is was very less but now when i will graduate i will be expert in healthcare.

Staff is educated and helping. It is like a family away from home.

i thoroughly researched before joinong this school.

Eugene

My college experience has taught me not only to be a successful student but to be a successful person in general. I have learned to be disciplined, focused, determined, and patient. I learned to set higher goals, and greater expectations for myself. I have learned that every opportunity leads to the next, and how you approach that opportunity will make or break your final outcome. One grade, leads to the next until you finally reach the final grade. It is important that we take responsibility for the moment or opportunity that we have and make the best grade possible so that eventually we can achieve a pristine final grade. The same applies in life. Every opportunity we are presented with leads to the next and if we take those opportunities seriously and make the best out of them we will have a better quality of life. With everything that I have experienced in college, I give back by mentoring those who are traveling down the same road I am. I help others reach success and at the same time, teach them to appreciate the opportunities that come with seeking a college degree and making the best of their college experience.

I loved my overall experience at the University of Houston Clear Lake. It is a wonderful institution that prepares its students for their desired careers. The professors are excellent, most of whom are actively working in a sector of the field you are interested in or studying. The advising staff are extremely helpful and will do all that they can to assist you. The courses are challenging, however they challenge you for greatness. When you complete a degree from the University of Houston Clear Lake I believe you are ready to compete amongst the elite of your field.

The only frustrations I have encountered were tuition prices, availability of courses, and constant changes in degree requirements. If tuition prices were lower I could have completed my degree sooner. I had to work full-time in order to afford the costs of tuition. Since I worked full time, I could not take a full course load. The classes that I needed for my degree were offered at strange times of the day or not offered at all, which made it extremely difficult to juggle work and school. Every academic year the course requirements for my degree changed.

Junaith

They are friendly and helping.

They are friendly and helping.

I firmly believe my college experience was an eye opener to me and it has brought the best out of me.The course was really fascinatiing and interesting than I had ever imagined. I became very fod of Computer Networks and Data Warehousing. The motivating faculty members of my department has encouraged me to reach far beyond the curriculum and to do my research work in my area of interest under their guidance. I have also involved myself in various extra curricular activities by participating in different student associations and volunteering for many events organised by the college. Since it has made me to excel in both curricular and extra curricular activities I should say that my college has made me as a complete man.

The University of Houston - Clear Lake has given me an international exposure that I expected. It has brought the best out of me and made me to work with the students from different nations. I still hope it will nurture me more to become a professional graduate in the competetive information Technology environment.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.