Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Melissa

Not one of my classmates has been the same as another. I have gained friends, study partners, and people to network with. I enjoy school more for learning than the social aspect, but have gained alot from people that I have met.

I have gained extreme amounts of knowledge from my schooling experience. Not only intelectual, but also ways of living and how to be more social. Speaking to instructors and classmates has really helped me excel in the real word. I have gained employment and volunteer opportunities by being more outgoing. School has also helped me be more driven to reach my career goal. I cannot wait to get into my work field and practice everything I have learned. I look up to all of my instructors for all of the time they have put into my education for me to grow.

I would have acquired better study skills from my high school and previous junior college. I have had to try many options myself because I was not fully prepared by school instructors.

The students at UHCL are slightly older than the average student (probably late 20s-and 30s) and they typically have families and work full time. That is why 70% of the classes offered here are online or night classes. They are determined to get their degree but it may take them longer than the typical student due to their additional responsibilities.

My college experience has expanded my knowledge of other cultures and of other people within my own culture. I am more empathetic to other people's experiences because of my college experience. This is true both in the modern sense as I interact with my community every day and in the historical sense, as I research, study, and write about people in the past. I am a history major with an emphasis in women's studies. I was taught to doubt my opinions until the research backed them up. Actually we were taught that unless we had discovered something contrary to our initial instincts, we had not done enough research. This mindset works well both in historical research and in our world today, where complex ideas are distilled into seconds-long soundbites that can easily miss reality.

The professors desire for the students to succeed. Our professors understood that we worked full time and had other responsibilities. They were extremely willing to work with us in regards to deadlines and help on papers, as long as the quality of the work when it was turned in did not falter.

Jatinder

I am learning a lot about healthcare in United States. when i joined the school my knowledge about healthcare in U.S. is was very less but now when i will graduate i will be expert in healthcare.

Staff is educated and helping. It is like a family away from home.

i thoroughly researched before joinong this school.

Eugene

My college experience has taught me not only to be a successful student but to be a successful person in general. I have learned to be disciplined, focused, determined, and patient. I learned to set higher goals, and greater expectations for myself. I have learned that every opportunity leads to the next, and how you approach that opportunity will make or break your final outcome. One grade, leads to the next until you finally reach the final grade. It is important that we take responsibility for the moment or opportunity that we have and make the best grade possible so that eventually we can achieve a pristine final grade. The same applies in life. Every opportunity we are presented with leads to the next and if we take those opportunities seriously and make the best out of them we will have a better quality of life. With everything that I have experienced in college, I give back by mentoring those who are traveling down the same road I am. I help others reach success and at the same time, teach them to appreciate the opportunities that come with seeking a college degree and making the best of their college experience.

I loved my overall experience at the University of Houston Clear Lake. It is a wonderful institution that prepares its students for their desired careers. The professors are excellent, most of whom are actively working in a sector of the field you are interested in or studying. The advising staff are extremely helpful and will do all that they can to assist you. The courses are challenging, however they challenge you for greatness. When you complete a degree from the University of Houston Clear Lake I believe you are ready to compete amongst the elite of your field.

The only frustrations I have encountered were tuition prices, availability of courses, and constant changes in degree requirements. If tuition prices were lower I could have completed my degree sooner. I had to work full-time in order to afford the costs of tuition. Since I worked full time, I could not take a full course load. The classes that I needed for my degree were offered at strange times of the day or not offered at all, which made it extremely difficult to juggle work and school. Every academic year the course requirements for my degree changed.

Junaith

They are friendly and helping.

They are friendly and helping.

I firmly believe my college experience was an eye opener to me and it has brought the best out of me.The course was really fascinatiing and interesting than I had ever imagined. I became very fod of Computer Networks and Data Warehousing. The motivating faculty members of my department has encouraged me to reach far beyond the curriculum and to do my research work in my area of interest under their guidance. I have also involved myself in various extra curricular activities by participating in different student associations and volunteering for many events organised by the college. Since it has made me to excel in both curricular and extra curricular activities I should say that my college has made me as a complete man.

The University of Houston - Clear Lake has given me an international exposure that I expected. It has brought the best out of me and made me to work with the students from different nations. I still hope it will nurture me more to become a professional graduate in the competetive information Technology environment.

Esperanza

Personally to be in school is an accomplished dream that I had for more than twenty years. I am really enjoying my college years; College experience has been positive, even when time is not enough, I have full time employment and a family to take care of. School’s environment is very open to diversity; I also found myself inspired by teachers’ commitment. The learning process has been demanding and stressful many times but worthwhile. To attend college is valuable for me because allows me to help more people with the appropriate tools. Beside the individual benefits of better employment and personal growth, I am setting example in my family. I was the first one to attend college and now my son and my niece are enrolled.

The worst thing about my school (and the majority of the high eduaction schools) is the cost of the tuition. Financial aid is not an option for individuals of medium income, like me. We are not poor enough but have cannot keep up with the continuously increasing tuition fees. Only few scholarships are available due the lack of financial need.

I believe this school is suitable for every person. The policies are fair and the administrators are open-minded. I have seen people of different races, religions, language and gender. All of them are treated with respect. I personally have language barriers, English is my second language, and my teachers and classmates are very supportive.

Alicia

My college experience has been immeasureable. The real college experience is more than just taking classes. It is a journey. The student that makes this journey learn more than just academics. He or she ultimately learns about self and that's the greatest journey that life has to offer.

The best thing about my school is my degree program. My school offers an extensive Social Work program and both the undergraduate and graduate levels.

The most frustrating thing about my school is getting accurate information from academic advisors assigned to students.

judith

The education program is well known for the accreditation by NCATE. Only 13 Texas institutions have this privledge.

Attending college has provided me with the fullfillment in my life. i took a break after my daughter was born and when i came back in May of 2009, I came back even stronger than ever. After taking that break it made me realize that school was more important than i thought. I have been taking classes nonstop ever since then and i feel rewarded. I will feel even more rewarded when i earn my Bachelors degree in education. A college education is also important to me becasue i can set a positive example for my daughter and hope that she will also decide to get a college education. The feeling that i get when a semester ends and i see my grades is truly priceless. Everytime a semester ends i know that i am getting closer and closer to my goal.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is truly dedicated and has a passion for what they want to achieve in their academic life. I think that a person should be truly focused on their goals and determined to meet their goals when attending a higher institution.

Karen

Caring, fun, ambitious, reliable, confident, committed are just a few ways to describe the men and women at UHCL.

I have attended six different universities in four different states. As an older student in my 50's, the most valuable experience I have learned is how to rely on myself for work to be completed. I have learned how to believe in myself. When I was younger, I had little experience in the world. I never believed I could achieve a goal as high as becoming a university graduate. I also have learned how to become an individual that knows how to express, formulate and prove ideas and opinions. Taking the initiative to learn has been valuable to me. In high school, I was told I would probably never be accepted into a college because I was a C student. Because of teachers who care enough to make be a stronger and determined person, I am now an A student. I never thought I would become so eligible for a college education because I was never given a worth in high school. Now, teachers include me and my peers in classroom conversations! They value our opinions and our experiences and encourage us to be confident! My experience in college is priceless and has changed my life.

UHCL is a commuter school, so there is little happening around the campus during the day, however, the university apartments are very close and there is always something going on around there with students!

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.