Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Rachita

UHCL has got the best work culture and education system.

UHCL has got the best work culture and education system.

The knowledge ofcourse and an experience to work with system to deliver the best .

The best thing about the school is its dedicated and sincere teachers along with system itself.

Bryan

Returning to college after twenty years has proven to be both difficult and advantageous. I chose the University of Houston - Clear Lake because it was a small school that is fairly accessible even though it is more than thirty minutes away from home and work. After completing my first semester this fall, I have learned that difficulty can overcome by honest, hard work. Facing thousands of pages of reading and having to complete research papers and essays in addition to receiving hands on education in media production, I was sure that I had bitten off more than I could chew. This course work was being added to my already strenuos 40 work week where I consult with high school students as a specialist. The first day of classes, one of my professors stated, "her class could be difficult if you get behind - it's hard enough when keeping up, but don't lose sight of your end goal by getting behind and letting things pile up. If you work hard enough at this, the rewards will be tenfold." I think this philosophy can be applied to life in general and is good to keep in the back of the mind.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be driven and passionate about getting their degree. While UHCL is a smaller school that is part of the University of Houston system, the professors and curriculum are demanding and insistent upon a quality work ethic from their students.

The most frustrating thing about The University of Houston - Clear Lake is the distance away from my home. I am an adult student returning to college after a twenty year hiatus. Working full-time approximatley 45 minutes away makes being on campus difficult at times. However, UHCL has remeidied this by offering distance courses and has opened a Pearland branch that has made it easier to obtain a education while working full-time.

Crystal

My school is not filled with your usual college student. There are moms, grandmas, regular students, people who are continuing their education and I am sure many more I have not named. At first it was hard getting used to but now I see that I have friends of all ages from all different countries and you can learn so much from that alone.

I have learned different cultures, different ways of thinking, and tons of different ideas. I think that is what college is about is learning different things to figure out which one you like best and then to shape who you are using your conclusions. College for me has been priceless truly due to the fact that I am establishing myself and becoming secure in who I am.

I wish I would have been more open minded to a smaller school and its benefits. I still have a year and a half allowed to take advantage of it though.

Ashton

My college experience has been transforming. Although UHCL is an untraditional campus, I have made the most of my time there by getting heavily involved with the international and intercultural student service office and the student life office. Through my involvement I have made many wonderful friends and experienced various cultures. I found myself and my passions through the various volunteering activities UHCL hosts. My only fear is that when I decide to apply to PhD progrmas I will not be on a competitive level with students that attended larger traditional universities. However, I believe that the experiences I have gained and the friends I have made at UHCL are irreplaceable. I have learned to apprechiate diversity and accept individuals for who they are. I have grown a compassion for human kind that I may not have at any other university. I am committed and passionate about helping people who are oppressed in society and I own that to my experience at UHCL.

UHCL provides a lot of opportunities to give back to the community and fellow students. Not many people get involved on campus, but the ones who are involved form a cohesive group similar to an unstructured family. I enjoy being involved because it makes me feel that I am actually a part of the university experience .

UHCL is a commuter campus with an average age in the 30's. Anyone looking for the traditional college experience should not place UHCL at the top of their list. UHCL is a great school for older people looking to further their careers. Also, anyone wanting to go into education may benefit from attending UHCL.

Lynelle

The University of Houston Clear Lake is a campus dedicated to academics in an adult enviornment.

The average student's age was approximately 30 years old and more concentrated on studies.

I started college after high school and dropped out after one year. I later returned in my late twenties. I was divorced and taking care of a child. My college experience was exciting at that time. I was eager to learn and had knowledge to share. I had a greater apprieciation for college at that age. I understood that without an education I would not be able to earn enough money to support me and my child. I found that college would be valuable to me in terms of providing me with the tools to advance in the business world. My college experience taught me to apprieciate learning and share that with my daughter.

Melissa

University of Houston CLear Lake is a driven towards excellence in a relaxed environment.

I am currently a student and a substitute teacher. My students tend to be underprivileged and need my help to become good citizens. The father of my oldest child was killed at age 34 in an accident. He did not finish high school and had issues with drug dependency. My son and I read lots of literature to help him with his disorders. Keep in mind that he comes from a family of eight generations of high school drop outs. Trey is in Pre-AP English, Pre-AP Science and AP Math and has received a letter from president Obama for being one of America’s higher intellectual students due to his achievement test scores. My experiences with my son and my former husband have helped me develop the skills and concepts necessary to break this tragic cycle. Through insight from other teachers, doctors and my own efforts, I have developed teaching techniques that could make a difference in any student. University of Houston Clear Lake has helped me to continue my journey to become a great teacher and change many lives. Throughmy colleges teacher education program I will complete my education and become a super teacher.

I like to tell my friends about the deer and aligators I see from the parking lot.

Severin

The knowledge and confidence I have received from attending UHCL has far outweighed the struggle of finding the time and money to attend. Besides receiving a good education, I have learned so many things about myself that would have been lost otherwise. I was dead set on becoming a college biology instructor or work in the research field, but though my college experience I realized that I much rather work in the environmental sciences field. I believe an experience like this is what makes college truly valuable. It is not just the knowledge and experience one gains, it is about finding out what truly interests you and having the opportunity to entertain that thought and experiment within that field in an open-minded and safe environment. My college experience has enabled me to find my true passion and my degree is helping me to turn this passion into a career.

- the ability to complete the bachelors degree by taking mostly evening classes - the quality of instructors in the biology/environmental sciences department

- the process of dealing with the advising department and creating/ updating the CPS - the departmental advising office closes too early, and even if they are supposed to be open late, the office closes 15-20 minutes early this makes it very difficult to speak to an advisor if one only takes evening classes - the lack of police enforment regarding illegal parking- parking at the beginning of the semester is difficult to come by

Christopher

My school is best known for being a relatively cost efficient way for finishing up a degree as a transfer school from many junior colleges. It offers flexible course scheduling so that adults working full time can still participate in class.

Don't worry! My college experience has differed greatly from that of American Pie. In fact, I believe the reason it has been valuable is because throughout my attendance I have taken glimpses into what motivates people to pursue a specific field, and upon reflection of these observations, has allowed me to sculpt my own expectations and goals for myself. Ever since I was 13 years old I developed an affinitiy for computer systems and even after associating a large pay check with Pharmacy practices, I took a step back and assessed my own positive qualities and returned to my original interest of one day administrating large scale networks and offering remote desktop support for large corporate environments. I took off the green dollar sign tinted glasses of the doctor or chemical engineer and instead saw with my own eyes that I would set out to do what I've always inherently and legitimately enjoyed.

That I could have transferred sooner! I already had enough credits before I transferred.

Khelcee-Anne

When I started attending Everest College, I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into with a technical school. At first it was incredibly difficult for me, and I almost dropped out just because I wanted to do something different. As time went by, I realized that I REALLY want to be in the health profession, and starting in dental is perfect for me. I enjoyed every single second of it. My teacher is a blessing to this earth, and I let her know that, and if it weren't for her I most likely would've chose to drop the program. Going through the Dental Assisting program made me realize that I want to further my education and permenantly stay in the medical field; with high expectations of expanding my career. Everest was a great start for me, and one day I will be in a University. Helping people is what I want to do with my life, and my passion. Helping people with their health makes it that much better. My school cleared my head as to what I want with my life.

My school is best known for graduate and master degree programs. Although there are many students who graduate as Business majors, the University of Houston Clear Lake offers many different programs such as criminology and other humanities, education, science, and computer engineering. Overall, my school is best known for its diversity and the many oppurtunities it provides for its students and faculty.

College is a wonderful experience that every one who is given the oppurtunity to attend should take. I have been able to conquer steps toward my career goals not only because I am in college and have taken accreditted courses, but I have recieved hands on training and experience as well. In modern society, a college degree is expected, as was a high school diploma 30 years ago. Experience and education can give a person striving for their dream job the upper hand in an economy that is increasingly competitive. In addition to education and experience, college provides a path of growth and independence in each individual who attends. Values such as responsibility, perseverance, and communication are instilled into the minds and hearts of people who strive for higher education.

Because my school requires at least 54 credits of core classes to be admitted, I do not reccomend and fresh high school graduate apply or anyone who is already in college but does not meet the required number of credit hours.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.