Houston, TX
University of Houston-Clear Lake

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Clear Lake

Melissa

University of Houston CLear Lake is a driven towards excellence in a relaxed environment.

I am currently a student and a substitute teacher. My students tend to be underprivileged and need my help to become good citizens. The father of my oldest child was killed at age 34 in an accident. He did not finish high school and had issues with drug dependency. My son and I read lots of literature to help him with his disorders. Keep in mind that he comes from a family of eight generations of high school drop outs. Trey is in Pre-AP English, Pre-AP Science and AP Math and has received a letter from president Obama for being one of America’s higher intellectual students due to his achievement test scores. My experiences with my son and my former husband have helped me develop the skills and concepts necessary to break this tragic cycle. Through insight from other teachers, doctors and my own efforts, I have developed teaching techniques that could make a difference in any student. University of Houston Clear Lake has helped me to continue my journey to become a great teacher and change many lives. Throughmy colleges teacher education program I will complete my education and become a super teacher.

I like to tell my friends about the deer and aligators I see from the parking lot.

Severin

The knowledge and confidence I have received from attending UHCL has far outweighed the struggle of finding the time and money to attend. Besides receiving a good education, I have learned so many things about myself that would have been lost otherwise. I was dead set on becoming a college biology instructor or work in the research field, but though my college experience I realized that I much rather work in the environmental sciences field. I believe an experience like this is what makes college truly valuable. It is not just the knowledge and experience one gains, it is about finding out what truly interests you and having the opportunity to entertain that thought and experiment within that field in an open-minded and safe environment. My college experience has enabled me to find my true passion and my degree is helping me to turn this passion into a career.

- the ability to complete the bachelors degree by taking mostly evening classes - the quality of instructors in the biology/environmental sciences department

- the process of dealing with the advising department and creating/ updating the CPS - the departmental advising office closes too early, and even if they are supposed to be open late, the office closes 15-20 minutes early this makes it very difficult to speak to an advisor if one only takes evening classes - the lack of police enforment regarding illegal parking- parking at the beginning of the semester is difficult to come by

Christopher

My school is best known for being a relatively cost efficient way for finishing up a degree as a transfer school from many junior colleges. It offers flexible course scheduling so that adults working full time can still participate in class.

Don't worry! My college experience has differed greatly from that of American Pie. In fact, I believe the reason it has been valuable is because throughout my attendance I have taken glimpses into what motivates people to pursue a specific field, and upon reflection of these observations, has allowed me to sculpt my own expectations and goals for myself. Ever since I was 13 years old I developed an affinitiy for computer systems and even after associating a large pay check with Pharmacy practices, I took a step back and assessed my own positive qualities and returned to my original interest of one day administrating large scale networks and offering remote desktop support for large corporate environments. I took off the green dollar sign tinted glasses of the doctor or chemical engineer and instead saw with my own eyes that I would set out to do what I've always inherently and legitimately enjoyed.

That I could have transferred sooner! I already had enough credits before I transferred.

Khelcee-Anne

When I started attending Everest College, I wasn't quite sure what I was getting myself into with a technical school. At first it was incredibly difficult for me, and I almost dropped out just because I wanted to do something different. As time went by, I realized that I REALLY want to be in the health profession, and starting in dental is perfect for me. I enjoyed every single second of it. My teacher is a blessing to this earth, and I let her know that, and if it weren't for her I most likely would've chose to drop the program. Going through the Dental Assisting program made me realize that I want to further my education and permenantly stay in the medical field; with high expectations of expanding my career. Everest was a great start for me, and one day I will be in a University. Helping people is what I want to do with my life, and my passion. Helping people with their health makes it that much better. My school cleared my head as to what I want with my life.

My school is best known for graduate and master degree programs. Although there are many students who graduate as Business majors, the University of Houston Clear Lake offers many different programs such as criminology and other humanities, education, science, and computer engineering. Overall, my school is best known for its diversity and the many oppurtunities it provides for its students and faculty.

College is a wonderful experience that every one who is given the oppurtunity to attend should take. I have been able to conquer steps toward my career goals not only because I am in college and have taken accreditted courses, but I have recieved hands on training and experience as well. In modern society, a college degree is expected, as was a high school diploma 30 years ago. Experience and education can give a person striving for their dream job the upper hand in an economy that is increasingly competitive. In addition to education and experience, college provides a path of growth and independence in each individual who attends. Values such as responsibility, perseverance, and communication are instilled into the minds and hearts of people who strive for higher education.

Because my school requires at least 54 credits of core classes to be admitted, I do not reccomend and fresh high school graduate apply or anyone who is already in college but does not meet the required number of credit hours.

Sabrina

College has reminded me of how important goals and dream are for you to feel good about life. Striving to accomplish a career goal is motivating in this money driven society. There are too many people out there doing nothing with there lives and work these dead-end jobs never realling wanting anything from live and barely getting by. Most of society is poor and don't want to do anything with themselves. School has opened my eyes to the importance of getting an education and trying to make a better life for yourself. Going to school has made me feel like my dreams can come true and I can do a job that I would love. It is what drives me to get through the days just knowing that I can make my dreams come true as long as I try. College has saved me and made me believe I can be anything I want to be.

Carolyn

U of H is close to home and easy to get to. They offer a good amount od evening classes so people are able to work and still attend classes.

The thing I have recieved the most from attending college is to know that I can become the boss and not just the worker. With a degree and dedication I can have my name on the front of a building and be proud of all the things I have accomplished. With out an education I feel the things in life that I want and drive myself toward would be out of my reach. I hope that the people that do want to attend college get the chance to. Having an education really does open up many doors for a person.

I wish I would have known more of the professors before attending.

Leslie

It has been a valuable experience for me to go to college. I have learned so many things about interacting with people, the importance of a structured schedule, how to manage my time efficiently, and how to balance the various social, educational, and personal aspects of life. I love learning new things and I understand that, if approached correctly, college is a wonderful resource in which to grow as individuals and discover our place in the world. As the first person in my family to go to college, I am very proud of standing up for my education and rights, and of what I have accomplished so far. I plan to continue my education until I have my Masters degree and this scholarship would help me achieve that goal.

Patricia

January will be my first semester so no classmates yet.

January will be my first semester so no classmates yet.

I recently obtained an AAS in Criminology from Galveston Community College which is great in helping me to further my career and ability to find a better job. Being able to graduate from college and have better career opportunities is a good way to instill in my daughter the importance of college for the both of us now and for her future. As a single parent it has been hard and has taken a while to finish because of having to also work a forty hour work week but rewarding in knowing that I can qualify for better job opportunities. I have accquired great study skills and habits to achieve graduation and the discipline needed to continue having success and great achievement. Attending college is also a great networking opportunity to meet new friends and to possibly establish business relationships that can prove beneficial in the long run.

January will be my first semester, but I have a friend that graduated wioth a Masters in Nursing from U of HCL and she highly recommended this location. She stated that the advisors are very helpful and students friendly and overall very nice campus and environment and that is the experience that hope to have a student at UHCL.

Sharon

My college experience has taught me the importance of staying organized and focused on the goal I have set. My goal is to have a better life through improving my education and employable skills. College is not easy while working two jobs; however, school provides me with knowledge and skills needed to move forward in the work force. Once I have graduated, I will have the ability to earn a career position that affords me the opportunity to take care of financial needs and enjoy personal time away from work.

University of Houston-Clear Lake administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.