University of Houston-Clear Lake Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Houston-Clear Lake

Shakira

I think it is an excellent university. I think this university is great for older students, or even students that have taken a break from school and are returning. The academics and professors are amazing and very involved in the students success. There are alot of extracurricular activities that happen on campus as well. I love how much support there is all around at this university.

cristian

The University of Houston Clear Lake is a great university campus. The staff and professors are very helpful and help you succeed in any way possible. This school is for students who enjoy a small classroom environment with nature around the campus. The food on campus is good and the school is improving their facilities and creating a new facility for recreational use. The school is great overall.

Warisha

It's a safe and peaceful place being surrounded by nature and all. You'll get used to the group of deer that walk around! You go around, do what you got to do, and get along. It's not exciting with adventures and drama, it's simple and easy-going. And by the way, there are a lot of Asians that go here.

Tala

It is a really good school. Straightforward and fun to be at. I like the class sizes and the campus is nice. They are building a new building so it will have more facilities in the future. The library is also really good, large with lots of resources. UHCL also has help for students like math lab and writing centers.

Maria

It is pretty relaxed and nice environment to learn. Professors are great!

Devin

My campus is in a heavily wooded area with nature trails to explore and deer to admire from nearly any location. The student body primarily consists of very intelligent young adults that are looking to get into very challenging career fields. The professors consistently strive to help their students achieve. I think it is the best University of Houston Campus out of them all.

Rehan

Surrounded by a wonderful community. Quiet campus with small class sizes provides a comforting aura. In the past, I've attended three other universities as well as a community college and I can honestly say that I found this campus to be the most enjoyable. Unlike other universities, this campus has a lot less noise.

Kassandra

It is a very nice campus. Small with great class sizes, even the lectures are fairly small. It is a nature preserve so the area is surrounded by forest and animals and its very calming. This campus is perfect for anyone looking for a calm campus to attend.

Brianna

My experience at the University of Houston Clear Lake has been nothing less than superb. I felt well taken care of and cared for here. When you become a Hawk, you are welcomed with open arms. 4The campus is beautiful and the professors truly care about student success. Plus you can't beat their tuition costs! This is an amazing and underrated university!

Anna

The University of Houston - Clear Lake is a university that caters to all types of students. I am a transfer student who came to this school in January 2015, and I have enjoyed every minute of my experience here. Every staff member of the university (from professors to advisors to deans) is ready and willing to work with each student on a highly personal basis. Because the school is relatively small, class sizes are smaller which allows a great student-professor relationship every step of the way! If I could have gone back in time, I would have gone to this school from the beginning. It is truly a perfect fit for every type of student!

david

Smaller campus located in southeast Houston, in the Clear Lake Area. Quite, well laid out campus with everything easy to find. Great atmosphere and people. Faculty is wonderful and easily accessible.

Jacqueline

My overall opinion of University of Houston-Clear Lake is positive. The campus is expanding, making more classrooms for the students. The overall class is not too large and appreciate that the teachers do try to make themselves as available as possible to the students. They also have the TA's hours available for us even on the weekends, which makes those students who work during the week, have additional resources. The food that is available to the students could improve, offering more of a diversity than just burgers and pizza and not rely heavily on food machine products (chips, candy, soda, etc.) Another improvement that can be done, is the parking spaces. Sometimes I find myself searching for a parking spot for 20 mins or so before class which makes it inconvenient at times. As I mentioned, I am overall content with the school campus. I feel safe when I walk to the parking lot at night and appreciate that there are always patrol cars nearby in case of an emergency.

Melonie

I am a returning transfer student and I am glad I chose this university to finish my degree in criminology. The advisors had such patience in helping me with my classes and showing me how to navigate the On line process for adding classes and using the Black Board. It is all very new to me and my professors welcomed me and I didn't feel like such a dinosaur.

Karen

It is a awesome university overall close to home. Great teachers for the most part that I have had the pleasure of working with.

Berenice

I think the fact that it is a new school there might be some spots to improve but overall its fair and a good school. They are environmental friendly and is full of people who care and want to help you do better. If I was applying again I would most definitely apply at the University of Houston clear lake.

Lucero

I currently attend UHCL, and LOVE IT, it is my first semester and the class sizes are great! >30 The professors are truly amazing and are always there to help you!I love my career so far! if you are an education major you will love all the classes and the environment. The library is always very peaceful and all the tables outside in the hallways. I strongly recommend this University.

Kristin

The college is clean, safe, and organized. Staff is helpful and the teachers are knowledgeable. The requirements for degrees seem to change quite often but seeing the counselors is easy and stress free. They don't have the best food on campus but there are some yummy food trucks that park on the lot!

Kaylen

I love the University of Houston Clear Lake. I am interested in becoming a Mechanical Engineering Student and I want to go there next year. The school will have a new Engineering and Technology building. There will also be a new dormitory and dining hall. I am very excited about attending the school.

Alejandra

While visiting the University of Houston - Clear Lake, I instantly realized how much of a beautiful campus it is. Although the school does not currently have on campus housing options, beginning the fall of 2019, there will be on campus living being offered to all students. My favorite part of the university was how modern and redesigned the college looks. My mother graduated from UHCL and the university has very much expanded and will continue to expand throughout the years.

Jessie

It could be an amazing school if there were more amenities and functions, it’s not a popular thing to hang around after hours and there is only one festival in the year and it’s all about chili. Also there’re no good spots to eat close and the cafeteria ain’t too great

Karen

Great school and mostly great professors that care for students.

Brenda

It is a very peaceful environment. The people from admissions and other offices are very helpful and willing to work with you as you process everything. The professors are there to help you. The programs that are offered provide a large range for students.

Ameen

I enjoy walking around the campus' pathways because they are so nature-oriented. There is a toned- down amount of people enrolled, unlike other universities. Class sizes aren't too big, so getting direct help from the professor is not something hard.

Alina

Its an affordable university with a good learning environment. Classrooms are small which provides a better learning environment. Professors are pretty accessible and you are encouraged to meet them. There is only one cafe as it is a small school. There are several professionals to meet if you need help with your academics, careers or just in general.

Ellie

I am a first time college student, and for me the overall experience of the University of Houston-Clear Lake, is one that I really enjoy. I find the classes to be a great ratio of students to professors; faculty members are always willing to help or answer questions that you may have, as well as the fact that there is plenty of different environments in which students can study.

Alejandro

I like my campus a whole lot. It offers everything that I could possibly need to complete my studies. The campus is hidden from the main roads by many large trees, therefore it feels like it's own little community. Campus is far away from the city noises and the forest that encompasses the campus is very clean and stress relieving .

Zane

I like the school although I don't spend much time there outside of class and studying in the library. There are many activities going on about campus regularly and many events that are hosted by various clubs/ organizations. Class sizes have never exceeded 100 people which makes for a good learning environment and professors keep regular office hours and are easy to contact.

shelby

I love University of Houston- clear lake because, it is not only one campus but two in the Houston area. I love how easy it is to access the school, and it is not terribly big as other universities. I appreciate the reasonable prices, especially the parking pass. This university has good professors for the all the fields they provide. I love the pride this university has and also, I love Wednesdays because we wear blue and green!!!

Kendi

I’m really starting to enjoy University of Houston Clear Lake. The environment is questionable and exciting. Everything is new to me, but I got use to it. I’m really struggling with some of my academics. My peers, on the other hand, they seem pretty “friendly” and they really know how to get their work.

Victoria

The school is in a great location and has had some major updates lately. It's comfortable, has small classes, and feels safe. However, some of the professors are less than ideal and you can tell they don't truly enjoy their job and care about students.

Kelly

I am an online student at University of Houston-Clear Lake. I can not speak much about the campus life, but the professors are all very good from my experience especially in the Anthropology department. They are for the most part very knowledgeable in their subject areas and keep the class engaged with interesting material.

Sydney

I enjoy it but I find some advisors to be very lack luster. The campus itself it massive and just beautiful. I believe it sits on well over 500 acres so if you’ve got nothing else to do on campus you can always go hiking. I think the parking pass is ridiculously expensive when we are already paying thousands in tuition though.

NATALIE

It's a very quiet and clean campus. Very enjoyable experience so far. The staff and faculty are very nice. Classed are structured and the professors care about there students. Parking is reasonably priced and parking is easy. The campus seems like a safe campus to be on at any time. It's pretty chill and a very great environment to be and learn in. Transferring/ enrolling is very easy acceptance doesn't take long to hear back

Karina

Very clean Facility, peaceful, safe. Professors are very smart and helpful. There are two new buildings that are new. Parking lot is very big with a lot of parking spaces. Restrooms are always clean. Students are very polite and friendly. The library has a lot of plugs to charge your cellphone.

Ximena

I love UHCL. The school is going through changes at the moment, going from a transfer school to a traditional university, which has proven to be a challenging journey, but together we have been able to succeed. There are things I would change, such as food and further help for non-traditional students (from which we have many), but I am sure that we as students are in the mind of faculty and administration, and we feel like we are the priority, and nothing else. I am proud of being in this school, and I look forward to seeing the way that it goes in the future.