Victoria, TX
University of Houston-Victoria

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Victoria

Natasha

This is an amazing campus. It's cheap, small, and a variety of people here to help you in any and every way imaginable. The professors are extremely involved in your academics and are here to make sure you succeed. The University of Houston-Victoria is a great school.

Stephen

My classmates came in a variety of race, age, and sex.

My classmates came in a variety of race, age, and sex.

Go directly to a large state school and live in the dorms. Obtain a healthy balance between a social life and course work. Don't worry about not knowing what to major in. Take courses that interest you. Most importantly, have fun! College is the best years of your life!

An individual who enjoys small classes, few sporting events, and availability of night classes.

Lisa

They are very helpful and determined.

They are very helpful and determined.

Please take your education more seriously. You are a very determined person and can accomplish many things in life. Even though you don't think you are that smart, you can achieve great things through practice and determination. Do not get discouraged because learning from your mistakes is one of the greatest ways to succeed. Do not compare yourself to the people around you. They are on their own journey and have different obstacles to overcome. It is okay to try to be the best but if you are not that is okay. Achievement is not what you accomplish but how far you have come from where you were in the past. Never give up and strive for greatness.

I consider the worst thing about my school is there is no challenge. The classes are very easy to earn an A, and this is discouraging because I like the challenge.

luis

i'm not in college im in high scho but i want applied for this scholarship because i dont have any person taha support me and i want follow studied and i'm mexican and i can't write very well an speak very well but every day i tred to do it .

I'm senior and my's experinces here are good so i can' told anything else because my senior year is wonderful but i wan pass to another nivel of stuides, and there i can be civil ingenieer in he future

i dont care just a want follow studied in some college and become someone in this life .

Albert

I would advise myself to be more acquanted with real college life. For example make myself aware that in College I am completely responsible of my actions and, as such, be more organized and plan my career objectives more carefully. I would also underline the imortance that the apparent 'freedom' also carries a lot of resposibilitie,s mostly in the social area. I also would alert myself about what real professional life will look like. If I believe my teachers are tough, that is nothing compared with my job duties and responsibilities in the workplace. College might be a dangerous place if I can't balance the apparent freedom with the responsibilities and duties of college life: there are no second chances, I can't "make up" my GPA if I slip over one semester. I would also ask lots of questioons to my professors, either in class or out of class; this a great benefit that also carries the message that I am genuinly interested in pursuing a sucessful profewssional career.

If I was able to go back in time I would tell myself that it is important to go to college right away and stick with it. I would say start looking for financial aid now and apply to as many scholarships as possible. That a college education is extremly important. It's not as scary as people might think it is and it is possible to complete.

A person who isnt self motivated. It is online so you have to be able to stay on task to get all of the assignments finished.

That it makes going back doable for someone like me with childer at home and no child care.

Brandy

University of Houston - Victoria like all texas schools are best known for Education, nursing and Business. The education program program which I am in is one of the best programs for teachers. 90% of the teachers who take the PPR and generalist test past the first time.

I would have to say to myself make sure you take classes that are tours your college credits. College is alot of money and it would help to save a little. I would also like to tell myself not to stress so much, everything will be ok just stay focus and keep working hard. The most imporant thing would be never I mean never let anyone make you think that you are and your school work is less than them. You are making a life that is better for yourself and and the furture family you will have. Stay positive an dont let negative come in your way because its not good. If it does just think of it as a life lesson and it will help you push yourself even more with school. Also KEEP UP WITH THE FABULOUS GRADES!!!! Awesome Job Brandy !! Thats what i would say to myself if I would turn back the hands of time in high school.

I think the worst thing about my school is the amount of classes they offer to the students. They only have so much room and sometimes it is not fair for the ones who do have children and who work more than one job. I think they should be able to have more than two class times for everyone to be able to get into the class.

Sharon

College is a journey, same as life. Don't sweat the small stuff and never give up on your dreams. Set goals and move forward and you'll get where you want to go. No experience in life is wasted: you will learn something from everything. Some day you will look back and it will all be worth it. It won't be easy to get through classes and financial strains and time crunches but all of the hard work and dedication that it takes to get to each milestone is worth it. Also remember to take time to appreciate your accomplishments. Give yourself credit. Don't take on too much - you will have to learn to say no in more ways than one. Leadership is learned and practiced, not inborn. Never give up. If you don't pass/don't get in/don't understand/etc. the first time, try again. Most great things take practice. Practice means doing it more than once.

small classes allow for personal attention; small campus is easy to navigate; student services are pretty good; low tuition/affordability

University is expanding so frequent changes/organizational fluctuations can be confusing; smaller town is growing also so housing and typical college 'kid' social activities are still in the development process as well; with a smaller university the tuition may be lower, but sometimes expensive facilities or more highly advanced equipment is not available/less research opportunities/post-grad continuance support, etc.

Cathy

Working together on projects helped bring us closer together and friendships developed. Having the same goals and striving to complete semesters together was uplifting. Knowing that I was not alone but was in this with friends help make this experience enjoyable.

“Cathy, this is older and wiser Cathy. Don’t let our parents tell you not to go to college. I can see your potential from my vantage point, and I know you are going to need it. Finish college while you are young. You give your all to everything you do, so getting married and having children will consume you. Now you can devote 100% of your time to studying, but a job and family will compete for that time. You're in such a hurry to work, but consider college your profession. Don't let me hear you say you can't afford college. Work at finding scholarships now, and reap the benefits later. Even though you don't know it at eighteen, I can see your potential to develop good study habits, manage your time well, and carry a full load each semester. Trust me: you will end up taking a much harder road, so apply that energy and talent into college. I love how you use a color-coded calendar; apply that same organizational skill to college. Cathy, believe in yourself and strive to accomplish what God knows you can do if you lean on Him.”

The professors expect a lot from us and as they should. When you graduate, you have truly earned your degree. Participation in the classroom is encouraged and that is where I learned the most. Reseach was another stong teaching tool used at this school which I enjoyed.

Anna

Evergreen students are typically friendly, laid-back, socially and environmentally conscious, a little on the liberal side, and most endeavor to go beyond what our classes cover, often through on of our many extra-curricular activities and groups

I began my studies at Evergreen in the fall of 2009. Drawn to the interdisciplinary nature of the class, I started pursing my own educational dreams with the year-long program Awakening the Dreamer, Pursing the Dream. In a flurry of self-discovery and eye-opening new ideas, I danced my way through 5 Rhythms, dabbled in mythology and the ideas of Joseph Campbell, researched Shakespearean comedy, read extensively on leadership and the environment, shelved tapes at the Washington Talking Book and Braille Library for community service, and grappled with the ideas of Integral Consciousness. I received exceptional evaluations from my faculty, describing my intense commitment to the program and the consistent high-quality of the work I turned in. In the fall of 2010, I dove into Visual Vocabularies, which perfectly united my passions for art and literature. I eagerly devoured the works of Kafka, Carver and Nabokov, crafting critical literary analyses which received high praise. I threw myself into the art portion of the class with equal abandon, experimenting with new mediums and ideas, and incorporating drawing, painting, text, video and fabric. My faculty commented on my dedication, willingness to challenge myself and take risks, and promising talent.

The interdisciplinary nature of the programs, and lack of required classes. Students can not only follow their dreams and study what they want, without having to take classes they are not interested in, but the classes bridge a variety of subjects, seamlessly integrating them for a more cohesive, balance education.

University of Houston-Victoria administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.