Victoria, TX
University of Houston-Victoria

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Houston-Victoria

Connie

My school is located within minutes from my home, making it very convenient for me to attend classes. Also because this a state school, the tuition is affordable. Location, convience, and affordability were the main factors leading to my decision to atten the University of Houston at Victoria.

Attending college has given me the chance to learn about subjects that I would never have studied on my own. I have really enjoyed learning about history, art, biology, chemistry, mathematics, government, and economics. I have learned that the world is so very interesting and complicated. The classes I have taken have enhanced my understanding of the history of our world and of the different peoples populating it. This understanding has made me less likely to judge the situations and the people I encounter in terms of black and white, right and wrong, because I know that the truth is so much more complicated than absolutes. Because of the knowledge and understanding I have gained, I feel so much more confident in my interactions with others. I now have more fatih in my ability to successfully navigate my way through the intricate maze of this world in which we live. Although I am still in the process of completing my degree, I know that I will persevere and this awareness fills me with a great sense of pride.

My school offers many business classes in the evening and online. This make it possible fot those who are working in the daytime to attend classes at night or to complete work during the weekends. This arrangement gives many working adults like me a chance to complete their education.

Stephen

I once herd an allegory of a frog and a swan. The frog who lives in a water well resembled ignorance, but the swan on the other hand lives across a great ocean whom of which resemble knowledge. The story ends with the swan professing her knowledge of the world to the ignorant frog. The frog who has lived his whole life in this well and learning nothing outside of it could not believe the vastness of the swans’ capacity of knowledge. Therefore, the frog rejected all the swans’ knowledge and continued to live his life. For me the college experience is alike the swan, who brought about vast oceans of profound knowledge before the frog. This has enabled me to reexamine the world around me to see past my previous thoughts so I can further my knowledge. College has become so valuable because it has given my previous ignorant conscience state a reason to search for knowledge outside myself. The value of this new profound knowledge has given me every reason to continue my education no matter what may interfere. Knowledge is the greatest gift that mankind has been bestowed with and it must be utilized.

Jamickia

In 2008, I graduated college with a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science and joined the fitness profession. During my experience in this vocation, I learned that my influence was limited. This limitation has driven my desire to become a Registered Nurse. I am sure that the biggest benefit that I received from my college experience is the opportunity to explore. In college I did not find out exactly what I wanted to be in just a few classes, but ultimately I found out from my experience. College allowed me to meet other people and interact in a way that prepared me for the workforce. I don’t feel that college is necessary for everyone; however I do believe that in college one will learn many valuable skills and knowledge that will take you further in life. If I had not attended college the first time then I would not have discovered the idea of nursing. Attending college helps you outline your options. Experience allows you the freedom to decide while observing qualified professionals. The end result of going to college is abundant opportunities for questions and an open base for student and teacher communication!

I have not started the program yet because it is a one year Nursing Program that runs from January 2011 to December 2011. However I think that the best thing about the school so far is the caring and supportive staff. I also really like the convenience of parking and finding classes and buildings.

I think that a person who does not want to fully get the benefits of hardwork and persistence should not attend the school.

Yazeed

I've gotten the best I could ever learn from Le Cordon Bleu. It helped me put correct procedures into perspective and help me understand better the chemistry in the Pastry Arts. College brought out the inner creativity within me and shinned brighter than the rest of my peers. The one thing I learned about my classmates and teachers is that we all treat each other like family because we all share the same passion for food. Whenever we are together, we feel the love and share so much in common. The best education I could ever have is worth all the trouble and effort. If you don't attend each session everyday, you miss out on what could seem like a week's worth of class. I've gained the knowledge needed for the work force, made new friends, and experienced the true essence of college life: Independancy!

stacie

I have recieved extremely good grades, and I have meet a lot of new people in school functions and on the soccer team. I have learned to not be so shy because if i am I will not make many friends.

The thing I consider the worst is the fact that the school is very small, but it will gorw in time hopefully.

The teachers are not very interesting at all.

Juliana

University of Houston Victoria is a state university, which consists of four academic colleges and offers and each school offers both undergraduate degrees and master's degrees.

I have a sense of accomplishment that I have long dreamt of. Having a bachelor’s degree is a positive step to job security. My self esteem is high and I have built high level of confidence. I will use the skills learned to volunteer and render help the society. I feel great and fulfilled because I can take care of myself after my education. I have great memories and have made lots of friends during my academic life. I am very fortunate to experience different people from different cultures. I have respect for all and value other cultures now. Going to school has been valuable because it has broadened my knowledge. It will allow me to earn valuable skills and with a college degree many doors of opportunities will open for me. It is a virtue to go to college honestly. I will be able to get promotions, raises and opportunities for better positions. With a good job, I will be able to pay off the loans I borrowed towards my education.

This school has quality teachers, excellent learning environment, low tuition fees, offers various scholarship programs and mentors students from diverse background.

Linda

UHV is a place you can call your second home.

UHV is a place you can call your second home.

Since I have attended The University of Houston at Victoria, i have learned that everyone is differnt in thier own ways. Every student has thier own background story of how they got here. It has been valuable for me to attend this university because I love how peaceful and quiet it is around here. I love the way how students are willing to teach one another the concepts that they do not understand in class. Just seeing the smiles that each student brings to another makes my day. A school with no violence or alcohol is what makes me say that I am proud to be a Jaguar.

A student that likes small classes (but not to small) and wants to start their own tradition.

Krystal

The gift of EDUCATION The greatest accomplishment is to know you’re a step closer to your future aspiration. It was a very overwhelming feeling, being able to go through with what you promised yourself you would. I came to this community college with intention of getting my Associates than transferring to the school of my dreams. I have had the great opportunity, to meet with wonderful Professors, and create relationships with people who have the same goals as me. This experience has given me the chance to appreciate the education system, shows how fortunate we are to be able to learn. It is an unexplainable feeling to know you are the first in your generation to receive a degree in something others believed you never could. It is a very gracious, satisfaction that shows you can make it on your own. The fierce competition and the economy crashing, should make you exceed for more, not give up. Education is not only being able to receive the knowledge, but knowing what to do once you’ve received it. All I need is a chance to prove myself that my existence will improve a better community.

Kevin

What I took out of College when I attended and Graduated Scottsdale Culinary Institute with an associate’s degree was; the knowledge of the restaurant industry in not only how to work the "Back of the House" but also "Front of the House" as well. I also took the know-how to walk into any job and know what they’re looking for in a cook and/or server/host. I found my Education at SCI very Valuable for reasons as simple as: I have a degree in the field, where many people do not these days giving me a leg-up on my "competition" in getting hired. College also taught me that I am to know what is to be expected of me when I step into the work place. College really got me on my feet and ready for the real-world work environment where as a non-college applicant would be completely unprepared.

Marissa

UHV is a small school that focuses on student success. The administration, advisors and professors are all helpful and geared towards helping students be successful. The classrooms are small and there are quite a few resources around campus like the computer labs with free printing for students.

I think our school is known for being small and being an education oriented school...it's no party school! We are also known for our sports teams especially this year with the new freshman coming in to the picture.

I've learned the importance of an education in getting out of poverty, which is what I come from. I also learned more self discipline and goal setting skills. I know that I can do what I set my mind to I just have to try. I use all the resources on campus to help myself be as successful as I can be. Always ask questions, get to know your professors and work hard. I realize now that I'm not only getting an education but i'm finding out a lot of things about myself in the process. I have become more independent and self reliant. Plus I have stopped procrastinating like I used to!

University of Houston-Victoria administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.